Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a shot but care to elaborate?
IMO they have been a top team along with Melbourne for the last decade and haven’t really slumped.
Didn't they win the spoon not long ago??

There was also the coach sackings when Fittler got put in charge and then sacked the next year.

They were a laughing stock at the end of Anasta's tenure as well

On a side note, do you think Boyd attracts any third party at all? because I bet he doesn't... No social media presence, virtually no marketability, and most people want him to retire... Meaning, we are fronting probably the entire salary on the cap... ****
$300k veterans allowance... surely it's only him, Macca and Glenn that qualify for it.

Side note how can the NRL consider $300k (or whatever pissy amount it is) to be anywhere near a suitable allowance for veteran players... f.cking joke

Not having a shot but care to elaborate?
IMO they have been a top team along with Melbourne for the last decade and haven’t really slumped.

Not really a decade but close enough.

They didn't become a force until Trent Robinson took over in 2013.

We have never finished 15th. Despite their success to say that year wasn’t a slump is wrong
We probably will this year. Yeah they might have finished lower on the ladder but their success outweighs ours.

Alright I’ll edit my post.

Since 2012 (8 years ago)

Melbourne have won 2 premierships and also the Roosters have won 2 premierships.

The roosters have won four minor premierships and Melbourne three.

A good chunk of the last decade has been dominated by Roosters and Melbourne.

Also, after this year we will have missed the 8 three times this decade. Pretty bad.

Also, after this year we will have missed the 8 three times this decade. Pretty bad.
Season isn't over though, I get your point but it's a little too early to make that statement with such a bold assumption.

Agree. I know this is on repeat but people use to take unders to play and have pride in our jersey.

But now it’s about more to life than football. Make that cash money

Im actually curious what the top 8 over 2010-now would look like.

2/8 mate... Come on now.
I know, right? There's still, what? 15 games to be played?

Will me make the 8? Probably not. Will I write this team off this early? No.

Anything can happen, tonight's 8pm game showed that. Just don't state "facts" like they've already happened.

We need probably 11, maybe 12 wins out of that 15. Basedonour current 25% win rate, extremely unlikely to say the least.

We need probably 11, maybe 12 wins out of that 15. Basedonour current 25% win rate, extremely unlikely to say the least.
So it went from fact to extremely unlikely in one post?

So now you're talking my language.

I know, right? There's still, what? 15 games to be played?

Will me make the 8? Probably not. Will I write this team off this early? No.

Anything can happen, tonight's 8pm game showed that. Just don't state "facts" like they've already happened.
A 10-6 finish would get them there if their +/- was decent. I'm not sure where this side would find another 10 wins though. Post season action is unlikely this year.

Darius Boyd "It's just a game"

****, it's your job. Imagine if your financial advisor was like "eh, it's just your life savings". I hate how they say it's just a game, yet are happy to take $800k salaries. If it's just a game, **** off to div 3.
Think it's actually just over 600k but I get it.

I don't know why, but I reckon we'll make the eight.

A 10-6 finish would get them there if their +/- was decent. I'm not sure where this side would find another 10 wins though. Post season action is unlikely this year.
Totally agree, but the person I responded to stated it as a fact when it's factually not yet a certainty. Time will likely prove me wrong but I'm still hanging on until it's a given, I'd rather back this team than write them off so early, let's call that "being a supporter". I love this team unconditionally and it's clearly a hard thing to do, for some.

That's all, just highlighting the actual facts. Not shooting from the hip like some posters love to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.