Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly the point mate... we were the Melbourne storm and roosters of the last decade but now we have lost our aura.

We lost our aura 10 years ago. Hodges, Lockyer and Parker carried us as much as they could but one by one they left and no one has stood up. If you look at our 2006 squad, honestly, does anyone in our top 17 get picked? I mean, maybe roberts or bird instead of stagg who had to fill in at centre... but besides that? probably not...

2006 GF Team
1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Stagg
5. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Petro
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll
BENCH: Parker, Carlaw, Hannant, McGuire.

In all honesty you look at that team and maybe you would pick bird or roberts instead of stagg... Other th an that, not a single player in our current team would be picked. That's pathetic.

We lost our aura 10 years ago. Hodges, Lockyer and Parker carried us as much as they could but one by one they left and no one has stood up. If you look at our 2006 squad, honestly, does anyone in our top 17 get picked? I mean, maybe roberts or bird instead of stagg who had to fill in at centre... but besides that? probably not...
Agree. I know this is on repeat but people use to take unders to play and have pride in our jersey.

Seibs Coaches effort, and if there is one player you could pick in the current squad that plays with minimal effort, it’s Roberts.

I was wondering if Seibs style would result in a couple of players struggling to adapt.

I guess he is weeding out the slackers.

2006 GF Team
1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Stagg
5. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Petro
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

In all honesty you look at that team and maybe you would pick bird or roberts instead of stagg... Other th an that, not a single player in our current team would be picked. That's pathetic.
What a team!

2006 GF Team
1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Stagg
5. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Petro
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

Would definitely pick some of the forwards over Carlaw and Hannant. Stagg vs our centres would be interesting, because Stagg was mostly picked there to swap with Berro in defence.

Would definitely pick some of the forwards over Carlaw and Hannant. Stagg vs our centres would be interesting, because Stagg was mostly picked there to swap with Berro in defence.
I'd maybe play Haas over hannant... But Carlaw was a great player.

Carlaw looked good when he started, but there was a reason why everyone said "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

That was a reputation he earned after a strong promising rise, having said that in 2006 he redeemed himself quite a bit.

I repeat they have won 2 premierships and 4 minor premierships in the last 10 years....

We have never finished 15th. Despite their success to say that year wasn’t a slump is wrong

2006 GF Team
1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Stagg
5. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Petro
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

Milf over Perry.

I believe that team was helped by Thorn going overseas to play for a bit, making decent money, and coming back to play for the jersey.

I think Carroll did the same with Leeds, when the tax rules made it highly lucrative.

Completely different okay style though and not what the Broncos wanted.
Lockyer wouldn't clash with any style.... It'd be an unreal partnership, he would bring the best out of milf where milf could just turn up and play what he sees

On a side note, do you think Boyd attracts any third party at all? because I bet he doesn't... No social media presence, virtually no marketability, and most people want him to retire... Meaning, we are fronting probably the entire salary on the cap... ****
You’ve tried this before and you didn’t bother replying when proven wrong. Why bother?

You’ve tried this before and you didn’t bother replying when proven wrong. Why bother?
Tried what? Most third party value comes from social media presence and advertising etc. He doesn't seem to do anything that I've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.