Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt the signing was about getting one up on Wayne. Would be pretty fucked up if it was.
More likely that we have a ton of back rowers ... But **** all props

Nah, there’s no way losing Lodge is a step in the right direction. You were correct with niko and Roberts. I don’t want us paying overs for lodge, but we need him to stick around. He is a good leader and one of the very few leaders at the club now.
Sua hasn’t shown much for mine since coming into grade and looks to be stuck behind a couple of others.

He is our captain in waiting.

There's no way that I would want Lodge to be the Broncos captain.

There's a serious problem at the club if he's our leader.

Not saying Boyd is good either though
[automerge]1561442543[/automerge]
I'd cut most of the squad

Last edited:
Losing Lodge would be a step in the right direction. Just like losing Nikorima and Roberts were.

Not a big fan of releasing Su'a and signing Kennedy though..

Su'a has been hard done by.. Bit of a scapegoat in our forward pack.

Loosing our best forward would be a step in the right direction? Lodge is the future of our pack for the next 5 years

Loosing our best forward would be a step in the right direction? Lodge is the future of our pack for the next 5 years

It's not about talent or potential. It's about the culture of the club.

I'd love Nathan Brown from the Eels if we lost Lodge. He missed a lot of the season, but seems to have come back without missing a beat.

Someone working their ass off to get a second chance ... Then making the most of that chance through effort, performance and good behaviour ... Is a pretty good culture to have

He had to pay damages to the family that he mentally scarred.

He played one season of Queensland Cup and was promoted to our starting side the next season over players like Ofahengaue... I think Ofahengaue has worked harder for less reward.. He's never had any off field problems too..
[automerge]1561444059[/automerge]
This forward pack is off contract after this year and they're all QLD guys

8. Daniel Alvaro
10. Christian Welch
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Corey Horsburgh

Last edited:

He played one season of Queensland Cup and was promoted to our starting side the next season over players like Ofahengaue... I think Ofahengaue has worked harder for less reward.. He's never had any off field problems too..

8. Daniel Alvaro
10. Christian Welch
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Corey Horsburgh

I like Horsburgh, but I think he's only 21 or 22 as well. He could be a good player in the future, might even push for a QLD spot soon. QLD just needs to hold out a couple more years and hope this batch of young forwards are the real deal.

8. Daniel Alvaro
10. Christian Welch
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Corey Horsburgh

Alvaro is NSW, not QLD.

8. Daniel Alvaro
10. Christian Welch
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Corey Horsburgh
He paid damages even though he had absolutely no legal obligation to do so ... that says a lot about him, I doubt many people would pay damages under those circumstances.

He was also out of the NRL for two years ... It would have been very easy for him to give up ... But he didn't, he worked to get back to the NRL.

It's not about talent or potential. It's about the culture of the club.

And where has signing choir boys gotten us?

You sign on potential and talent and whether they can improve the side. That's it.

He paid damages even though he had absolutely no legal obligation to do so ... that says a lot about him, I doubt many people would pay damages under those circumstances.

He did actually have to. That was a requirement from the NRL.

Lodge was promoted over Ofahengaue because he worked harder. Ofahengaue wasn't exactly banging down the door before Lodge came around. He was great in 2015 but was a mixed bag from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.