Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you're required to have the amount of your cap spent.
Ok cool.

I'm not sure if you can answer this but given the current roster whereabouts have Broncos spent that 95% of the cap?

It seems very unlikely the 30 players we have would fill up the $9.5m so have they been able to bring forward a whole bunch of contract values to clear cap space for the next few years... is it even possible to do that??

I'm guessing they didn't just give Kodi to warriors and say "all good we'll pay his $300k under our salary cap so we hit 95%"

I think he could be used as a low minutes impact forward, on either side of of half time and for the last 15 minutes of the game if needed, but then the other forwards will have to play bigger minutes

Most players look good on youtube

Yeah highlights videos have a tendency to do that.

If you watched Michael Jordan highlights videos on YouTube you would think that he never made a mistake or missed a shot. Which is obviously far from the truth.

Ok cool.

I'm not sure if you can answer this but given the current roster whereabouts have Broncos spent that 95% of the cap?

It seems very unlikely the 30 players we have would fill up the $9.5m so have they been able to bring forward a whole bunch of contract values to clear cap space for the next few years... is it even possible to do that??

I'm guessing they didn't just give Kodi to warriors and say "all good we'll pay his $300k under our salary cap so we hit 95%"

While they no longer take up a Top 30 spot, players that have been released would still count towards the cap. So far this season Brisbane have released seven players, so even if a club agreed apart of their salary, they still would have earned thousands if not tens of thousands during their time here this season.

People forget that Tevita really wasn't getting anywhere in his career at the Raiders..

He came to the Broncos, got a shot and proved his potential is there.

Who's to say Francis Tualau can't do the same thing?

People forget that Tevita really wasn't getting anywhere in his career at the Raiders..

Well, uh, Tevita had huge potential, played U20's for Aus for 3 years and was 19 when he arrived at Red Hill.

Tualau has no raps on him, has never played for a rep team and can't crack first grade for the worst team in the comp, and is in his mid 20's, lol.

Somewhat of a difference.

Early career
In 2013 and 2014, Tualau played for the Melbourne Storm's NYC team, before graduating to their Queensland Cup team, Eastern Suburbs Tigers in 2015. In October 2016, he signed a 3-year contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs until the end of 2019.

So Bulldogs have been keeping him under the radar since 2016.
I'm sure his career would have progressed much further by now if he had stuck with the Storm.

Last edited:
Richie Kennar, Rhys Kennedy, Francis Tualau...

Matt Lodge potentially captain...

Pride Petterson-Robati and Kurt Mann confirmed.

Last edited:
Early career
In 2013 and 2014, Tualau played for the Melbourne Storm's NYC team, before graduating to their Queensland Cup team, Eastern Suburbs Tigers in 2015. In October 2016, he signed a 3-year contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs until the end of 2019.

So Bulldogs have been keeping him under the radar since 2016.
I'm sure his career would have progressed much further by now if he had stuck with the Storm.

View attachment 5655

I'm fairly sure they went with Tui Kamikamica over him.

He was moved to the Mounties at 18 and was playing Junior Roos. He was supposed to play NRL in 2015 but second cap squashed that idea.

Probably his brothers kept him a little unprofessional but he was doing everything playing wise a 18 year old could do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.