Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rumour of Val Holmes in Brisbane today, hanging out with Jack Bird.

Probably nothing, they're presumably friends from Cronulla, but, everybody loves some good gossip.. Talk about ideal Boyd replacements..
Have to say I’m almost as pleased to hear Bird is still in BNE.

I seriously think this team needs just the slightest tweaking and we will be epic. Jesus Christ how much better would we be if we could just sort out our back line, silver lining is that it kind of goes to show how close this comp is . Replace the two weak links , one with the benchy and one with Val and we go from worst to genuine premiership contender

9. Turps
6. Milf
7. Dearden
5. Isaako/Farnsworth/Coates
4. Bird
3. Staggs
2. Oates
1. Holmes

All of a sudden that is looking well dope. Means Bird Milf and Holmes would be the leaders, they’re young but sometimes leaders are young - a young leader can’t be expected to lead when your captain has ‘done it all’, No one would feel comfortable in that situation.

I also think our forwards are suffering from the lack of spark out back. Forwards need to lay a good platform and backs need to execute... if our backs aren’t executing, where is the incentive to lay the platform?

Defence is the platform and both backs and forwards need to buy in equally. How I miss our awesome defence that evaporated about the time Kearney left and Kevie lost interest.

Oh No, I just had a realisation that tualau seems like a Kasiano clone😣

Defence is the platform and both backs and forwards need to buy in equally. How I miss our awesome defence that evaporated about the time Kearney left and Kevie lost interest.
I get the feeling Kearney's involvement in defence is being largely exaggerated.

He was there from 2013-2016.... I can only recall our defence being good in 2015 and that was based largely on effort and our scramble defence.

Even in 2015 we were conceding 50-60m sets with a passive defensive line and were only saved by our goal line defence

Have provided a bit of a spectrum of where our defence ranked (PA only) before and after his tenure to see if there are any trends.

2011 4th (372 pts)
2012 8th (447 pts)
2013 9th (477 pts)
2014 7th (456 pts) - surprisingly storm were 8th with 460 pts
2015 3rd (379 pts)
2016 5th (434 pts)
2017 4th (433 pts)
2018 10th (500 pts)

You might say we finished top 8 most years with him, but only twice have we finished sub 400 points and in both those years we were legitimate threats for the premiership... outside of those years were we actually a legitimate chance probably not.

It seems to prove the old adage that titles are won on defence.

Anyway I don't think Kearney should be touted as a defensive mastermind. He came from the storm system but we still dont know how to wrestle... that should pretty much say it all.

Last edited:
Thought I read somewhere Peter Parr was leaving the Cows and was in talks with us joining our football management team. Unable to find the article can anyone confirm? Understand he was with us and left in 2001, could be a step in the right direction.

Thought I read somewhere Peter Parr was leaving the Cows and was in talks with us joining our football management team. Unable to find the article can anyone confirm? Understand he was with us and left in 2001, could be a step in the right direction.
I did see a snippet on here yesterday.

I think with the present clusterfuck going on at Red Hill Peter Pan over Peter Parr would be more preferable though.

Representation of Broncos as a club right now
0B999E04 EEAE 4034 97CA 746BA959D238

“Come see our new gym”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.