Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, after a flurry of signings activity in late June, NRL clubs have locked in their 30-man squads for the 2019 season, with rosters for all 16 teams finalised on June 30.

Outside the top 30, clubs also have up to six players available in their development list, who are able to play NRL games without exemptions for the rest of the 2019 season.
Straight from the NRL site in case there was any confusion. Any of the 6 development players we have can play in the 17 no restrictions.

Why did you think that? I mean you might be right but I'm pretty sure June 30 deadline is only for new recruits. Extensions of a contract can be done at any time, same way we re-signed TPJ/Lodge yesterday.

I'm pretty sure he can take it anytime before November 1st, which is when he would otherwise go off contract and it would no longer be valid.
Thought I read it in an article a few weeks back

I think its all moot anyway.
Can't possibly see how McCullough won't activate his option for next year.
Looking at the broader picture I think the club has to have a real good look at whether it wants to put these clauses into future player contracts. I mean what is the benefit of them to the club?

I think Macca will be good for the Dogs and will probably get a decent pay day.

I would like to see this happen.

Macca would be ok for the dogs. We would probably have to chip in to move him on.

Fotuaika is way too good to be at the Tits. Still developing but I reckon he will be something special in a few years time in the right squad.

He would not only be great on the field but off field, just a special man. I can't see him leaving the Titans defiantly never leave Ipswich. He showed such dedication to get his shot. He was at Souths MM too, right under the Broncos nose.
[automerge]1562992321[/automerge]
Yeah, I like that forward pack.

The only thing I'd probably change is starting Flegler like you said, but at prop. Joffa on the bench for some size there.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. Pangai
12. Fifita
13. Haas
17. Ofahengaue

Anyway, we can't really go wrong now with the re-signings of Lodge, Tevita, Haas, Fifita...

Also need to factor in whether Oates will shift to the forwards at some point

[automerge]1562894120[/automerge]

Oh yep, I somehow missed him. I would definitely take him..

Hoppa punted already? Gee you're hard.

Last edited:
If we are looking at another young player from the Titans, I don't mind the look of Phillip Sami to be honest, can bust a tackle as good as anyone, only 21.

I don't think the club needs to look elsewhere for any more signings. I would rather we keep what we have long term. Macca would be the only pmayer I wouldn't be phased if he left. I can live with the pain this year for the long term gain.

I don't think the club needs to look elsewhere for any more signings. I would rather we keep what we have long term. Macca would be the only pmayer I wouldn't be phased if he left. I can live with the pain this year for the long term gain.

If Milf stays at fullback, I'd still be looking elsewhere for a good half. Going with 2 rookies, or a rookie with Boyd, is not ideal. It would be good to have someone that Milford can feel comfortable to rely on with kicking.

Last edited:
If Milf stays at fullback, I'd still be looking elsewhere for a good half. Going with 2 rookies, or a rookie with Boyd, is not ideal. It would be good to have someone that Milford can feel comfortable to rely on with kicking.
You’d have to think Boyd is really only stop-gap in the 6.

For 2020, I imagine it would be:
1. Milford
6. Bird
7. Dearden / SOS (depends who is in form come season kick off, but it seems, at this stage at least, Dearden is first cab off the rank).

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I could live with

1 - Milford
6 - Boyd
7 - Deardon
9- McCullough
14 - Turpin

For 2020 and then for 2021

1- Milford
6 - SOS / Paix
7 - Deardan
9 - Turpin
14 - SOS/ Deardan

I think our title window really starts in 2021 and is open for awhile if we keep all our young talent. If we give it a good shake next year I'll be happy.

Titans signing + need for a half ....

It’s all coming up Ash Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • westy316
  • Volvo Driver
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.