Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans signing + need for a half ....

It’s all coming up Ash Taylor
Hopefully not. SOS and Paix would have to be in front of him anyway. I'd rather re sign SOS then gamble on Taylor.
Taylor has had his chance with the Broncos, he decided to leave the club early days, when we gave him his first shot, and then didn't want to come back when he was off contract.
Luck was on our side with him not coming back imo. No need for him now either - even at a discounted price.

Watching the Souths Manly game, we didn’t lose much with Su’a and Roberts leaving. Defensively very frail. Su’a can hit but doesn’t move well at all.

Was the ankle injury a reason why you let sua go seibs?

Hopefully not. SOS and Paix would have to be in front of him anyway. I'd rather re sign SOS then gamble on Taylor.
Taylor has had his chance with the Broncos, he decided to leave the club early days, when we gave him his first shot, and then didn't want to come back when he was off contract.
Luck was on our side with him not coming back imo. No need for him now either - even at a discounted price.
Don't disagree with not taking him back but im fairly sure uncle Wayne told him to move to GC as we had Hunt and Milford as our long term pairing and he wouldn't get a look in save for injury.

Taylor is not what this team needs. He is not a team player, often looks for the easy way out or to point the finger at another. Can't stand that type of character and it reeks of ego. Not what a team like ours needs. We need people who buy in.

Dreaden and SOS could fit as 7 and 6
Milf stays at 1
Turpin 9 and Segs 14

Thats how I would roll next year. There is tempo and ability in that spine. The only issue is we have two guys that need to hang the boots up to make it happen. Can't move Boyd to centre or wing without causing another headache. Birds the only one that potentially could move into lock if needed to give Boyd a play at centre. I don't thinks Farnsworth or Coates will be in the top 18 next year, still some development needed. Unless Isaako does not turn it around and then Boyd could get a shot there.

I am really hoping somebody picks up Macca for the good of this team.

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Jamayne Isaako
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Payne Haas
17. Joe Ofahengaue

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Jamayne Isaako
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Payne Haas
17. Joe Ofahengaue

Bruh

Bird will probably get released because of Boyd.

Don't disagree with not taking him back but im fairly sure uncle Wayne told him to move to GC as we had Hunt and Milford as our long term pairing and he wouldn't get a look in save for injury.
Wayne wanted him to go to manly, he planned on bringing him back. Send him away to play with DCE and get some experience, then bring him back. As we all know he got thrown the keys at the tits with a boat load of cash, and has been given a reality check.
This is also why I don't want a rookie halves pairing, you need experienced player in the spine .

Wayne wanted him to go to manly, he planned on bringing him back. Send him away to play with DCE and get some experience, then bring him back. As we all know he got thrown the keys at the tits with a boat load of cash, and has been given a reality check.
This is also why I don't want a rookie halves pairing, you need experienced player in the spine .

How on earth do you know this?

Have people stopped considering bird at fb or 5/8?
1 Milf
6 Bird
7 Dearden/ SOS/ Paix
9 TURPINATOR

Oh, a rumour. Carry on.

The plan was always for Ash to go and get some NRL experience then come back. Two major problems were he went to a basket case club, who then threw a shitload of money at him, which understandably he took.

The plan was always for Ash to go and get some NRL experience then come back. Two major problems were he went to a basket case club, who then threw a shitload of money at him, which understandably he took.

If that is true that is a hugely risky play as it is more likely that the player will settle there and unless they shit the bed (and you wouldn't want them back anyway) the club they go to are in prime position to keep them.

If this truly was Bennett's plan then once again I am glad he has moved on.

Watching the Souths Manly game, we didn’t lose much with Su’a and Roberts leaving. Defensively very frail. Su’a can hit but doesn’t move well at all.
No secret when Su'a was at Bronx i was a big fan of his style of play and disappointed i cant like him at Souths now. However, i thought he played very well on Saturday. I have a feeling he will go to new heights there

If that is true that is a hugely risky play as it is more likely that the player will settle there and unless they shit the bed (and you wouldn't want them back anyway) the club they go to are in prime position to keep them.

If this truly was Bennett's plan then once again I am glad he has moved on.

The big problem was always the money the Titans offered. If we would have come close, we would have him back. Thats the only reason he stayed at the Titans. I dont think it was a bad move by us tbh, nobody anywhere in the game would have imagined they would throw that kind of money at him.
[automerge]1563158291[/automerge]
So why would the plan be for him to go to Manly where there's a halfback on a 8(?) year contract in front of you?

Not sure why Manly was an option

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • barker
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.