Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we assuming this latest article is based on Boyd's actual contract? Is it any more believable than all the other tripe usually brought forth by the NRL associated media re contract values?
Eternal optimism??

What's this rumour about Pride Petterson-Robati signing a development deal?

He wouldn't be a bad try, better to get him now than in month when Norths are winning the State Championship.

He looks to be a hell of a prospect and whilst the romantic in me would love to have a Sailor back at the Broncos, he's so young and I'm not sure that getting him up to Brisbane away from his family and support network would be a good thing for him long term.

Also, I'm fairly sure they upgraded his contract late last year or early this year so I think he's locked away for now.
They haven’t yet.. but sounds as though he won’t be leaving the dragons.

He wouldn't be a bad try, better to get him now than in month when Norths are winning the State Championship.
Assuming they'll get O'Sullivan back they should be a fair chance.

Bit of a laugh for your Wednesday morning..
Mal thinking some he will be able to poach some of our big guns...:rofl

Maybe focus on trying to keep Arrow.
Our blokes don't need to look much further then Taylor to see what can happen if you head an hour down the highway.
I actually feel for the Titans members if they genuinely believe what Mal is trying to dish out.

Titans name hit list

Mal Meninga
has already begun to put together a hit list of top line NRL talent, but there’s one catch however — the Gold Coast don’t have the money to spend big.

Meninga declared recently that they couldn’t afford to sign Alex Glenn from the Broncos, but has thrown his weight behind targeting another Brisbane forward, David Fifita.

The Titans recently pinned down highly-commended forward Mo Fotuaika, and need to lock in Jai Arrow and AJ Brimson before November 1.

In a letter to Titans fans, Meninga wrote: “Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School? Of course we will.

David Fifita of the Broncos
David Fifita of the BroncosSource: AAP
“What about his Broncos teammate Thomas Flegler, who could follow Jai Arrow’s path to State of Origin by becoming a senior player at the Titans? Absolutely.

“Canberra’s Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad? Josh Jackson and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak from the Dogs? Felise Kaufusi and Ryan Papenhuyzen at Melbourne? Kyle Feldt and Jordan McLean at the Cowboys?”

Bringing any of those players in will pose salary cap issues for the Titans, and the club would need to shed some of its big earners.

Names such as Nathan Peats, Bryce Cartwright and Leilani Latu — believed to have a combined cap value of around $1.7 million have been mentioned to foxsports.com.au as players they would like to move on — but the Titans say no decision will be made until incoming coach Justin Holbrook is in post.

Either way, it will be interesting to see who the Gold Coast can bring in when their coach does arrive.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/ccbea102d1f2461de4d89325ea94fde2

Last edited:
The problem is, you need to have someone willing to take those overpaid players on and no one is going to touch them on those kind of crazy wages.

:roflOh Mal...........poor ole Mal.............. don't get sucked into promising things that you can't deliver on big fella........truly delusional and really shows how much trouble the Titans are in.

It will be interesting to see how hard the NRL will try to keep them afloat or just let them continue to wither and die then flog off the license for another Brisbane Club.

:roflOh Mal...........poor ole Mal.............. don't get sucked into promising things that you can't deliver on big fella........truly delusional and really shows how much trouble the Titans are in.

It will be interesting to see how hard the NRL will try to keep them afloat or just let them continue to wither and die then flog off the license for another Brisbane Club.
I think the stuff floating around this week has really put the writing on the wall for them.

I don't see the NRL leaving them as a full time Gold Coast based outfit. I reckon you'll get the 'South Queensland Titans' or something to that affect soon enough, with probably half their games at Suncorp and half at Robina as hey attempt to get a foothold in the Brisbane market.

Bit of a laugh for your Wednesday morning..
Mal thinking some he will be able to poach some of our big guns...:rofl

Maybe focus on trying to keep Arrow.
Our blokes don't need to look much further then Taylor to see what can happen if you head an hour down the highway.
I actually feel for the Titans members if they genuinely believe what Mal is trying to dish out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/ccbea102d1f2461de4d89325ea94fde2

So Mal, the Titans can't afford Alex Glenn, but you think you can afford David Fifita ... Lol you're dreaming

Fifita is reportedly likely to turn down a million dollar offer from the Warriors to stay with us ... Do you would need to offer him 2 million a season to be a chance .... Hahaha

Last edited:
Good old Mal, he's really turned the Titans around, as soon as he joined they started getting flogged by 40 each week instead of 18.

after how many Origin series wins in a row, youd think Mal would have been the hottest coaching commodity when he left...

No NRL club offered him a gig though...fair enough he went to coach Australia but makes you think...

Holding onto the fact that Fifi went to school in the GC, thinking that’ll get him over the line really shows how out of depth the titans really are.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Tallis is in Mal’s ear telling him they’ll be able to land fifi.

They’re a shambles of a club.

Last edited:
Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School

Didnt he go to Keebra? lol Mal ya silly ****

Not sure why the bagging of Mal in this instance is such a thing? He's employed by the Titans, it's his job to be talking them up to their fans and kepping them abreast of what they're trying to achieve.

Even if they have a very remote chance of signing Fifita, they should at the very least be enquiring about him, which is what he indicated here. I'd be frankly quite alarmed if they weren't to be honest.

I know they're our rivals and it's easy to kick them while they're down but honestly, it isn't a good thing for rugby league in Queensland or the Broncos either if yet another side fails on the Gold Coast.

Not sure why the bagging of Mal in this instance is such a thing? He's employed by the Titans, it's his job to be talking them up to their fans and kepping them abreast of what they're trying to achieve.

Even if they have a very remote chance of signing Fifita, they should at the very least be enquiring about him, which is what he indicated here. I'd be frankly quite alarmed if they weren't to be honest.

I know they're our rivals and it's easy to kick them while they're down but honestly, it isn't a good thing for rugby league in Queensland or the Broncos either if yet another side fails on the Gold Coast.
Cause he's made himself look stupid! He's contradicted himself , one minute he's crying poor and next he's got a shopping list.
What he should be saying is that they are all in for arrow and he'll be working with his new coach on strengthening their roster.
Don't get fans hopes up when they might be in for a fight just to be competitive for the next few years.

Cause he's made himself look stupid! He's contradicted himself , one minute he's crying poor and next he's got a shopping list.
What he should be saying is that they are all in for arrow and he'll be working with his new coach on strengthening their roster.
Don't get fans hopes up when they might be in for a fight just to be competitive for the next few years.
They're running stone motherless last. If they haven't got a shopping list of players they've identified and want to talk to (even if actually securing them is a very remote hope) then something is very, very wrong.

They're running stone motherless last. If they haven't got a shopping list of players they've identified and want to talk to (even if actually securing them is a very remote hope) then something is very, very wrong.

no one is questioning him having a shopping list, it's that fact that he is saying stupid shit about talking to players that they have no ability to get. He has detailed a strategic plan that has as much reality and forethought of a 12 year old's vision board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Inknition
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • levikaden
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.