Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone take Drew Hutchison? Roosters probably need to let a half go for the arrival of Walker and Flanagan so maybe we should go after him
I don't mind him as a cheap option... I think he goes alright. He is a Sydney boy though so you'd think he would want to stay close to home especially if he is playing reserves all year.

Sezer is the one we should be going after.
The only choice imo

Here's the thing..

I totally agree that Sezer looks good aesthetically, I've spoken about us looking at signing him a few times in the past. However, if you take his numbers for what they are, they're all pointing to him being a below average Halfback in the NRL.

I know that numbers aren't the be all end all for halves, and I certainly wouldn't chuck a hissy fit if we did sign him, but seriously... it's almost alarming how few attacking stats Sezer is involved in for being in such a good attacking side.

16 games - 3 tries, 5 try assists, 1 line-break assist & 7 forced drop-outs

Those are NOT the numbers of someone we should be targeting to run our football side, there's several other options I would prefer, we need someone who can reliably set up tries & force drop outs, not someone who has an aesthetically pleasing game. I've also posted this before, but Sezer has only finished a season with double digit try assists ONCE in his entire career, that was 6 years ago at the Titans.

Alternatives who produced better numbers this year and have produced better numbers throughout their career and might be available - Foran, Townsend, Johnson, Norman, Green.

Out of those players I think the best 2 options, objectively, are Foran & Johnson. If we're going to sign someone, it should be someone who is absolutely going to improve our football team, not someone who might give us 75% of what we had with Ben Hunt.

Would anyone take Drew Hutchison? Roosters probably need to let a half go for the arrival of Walker and Flanagan so maybe we should go after him
Don't know him well but seems in the same place experience wise as SOS and Dearden. Lewis or Sezer for me. I admit Lewis is young but his defense and handy kicking game would add value.
[automerge]1569463643[/automerge]
Here's the thing..

I totally agree that Sezer looks good aesthetically, I've spoken about us looking at signing him a few times in the past. However, if you take his numbers for what they are, they're all pointing to him being a below average Halfback in the NRL.

I know that numbers aren't the be all end all for halves, and I certainly wouldn't chuck a hissy fit if we did sign him, but seriously... it's almost alarming how few attacking stats Sezer is involved in for being in such a good attacking side.

16 games - 3 tries, 5 try assists, 1 line-break assist & 7 forced drop-outs

Those are NOT the numbers of someone we should be targeting to run our football side, there's several other options I would prefer, we need someone who can reliably set up tries & force drop outs, not someone who has an aesthetically pleasing game. I've also posted this before, but Sezer has only finished a season with double digit try assists ONCE in his entire career, that was 6 years ago at the Titans.

Alternatives who produced better numbers this year and have produced better numbers throughout their career and might be available - Foran, Townsend, Johnson, Norman, Green.

Out of those players I think the best 2 options, objectively, are Foran & Johnson. If we're going to sign someone, it should be someone who is absolutely going to improve our football team, not someone who might give us 75% of what we had with Ben Hunt.
Sadly 75% of Ben Hunt might actually Improve our team.What do you think of Lewis if we could get him?

Last edited:
Sadly 75% of Ben Hunt might actually Improve our team.What do you think of Lewis if we could get him?

Not a massive fan.

Reasonably accurate kicking game, but it's so unbelievably slow and predictable, throw that in with our slow service out of dummy half and you've got yourself a good old fashion shit show.

Last edited:
Is @FaithinHook the new @Smokin' Joe ? That might explain why he's been giving Joe such a hard time lately. FIH is just letting his competition know that he has a fight on his hands to maintain his BHQ role 🤣

Seibold just flew down to give Croft the bad news in person. It'd be a dog act to lead him on this far then just say the deal's off via sms.

He supposedly spent an hour with him at the cafe, I mean c’mon. The poached eggs might have taken a while, but an hour???

Is @FaithinHook the new @Smokin' Joe ? That might explain why he's been giving Joe such a hard time lately. FIH is just letting his competition know that he has a fight on his hands to maintain his BHQ role 🤣

no ... because when Smokin' Joe posts something, he is right

Seibold just flew down to give Croft the bad news in person. It'd be a dog act to lead him on this far then just say the deal's off via sms.
18+ sign on the front door, they might have been having slap, trying to find that gold, ya never know!

Last edited:
Maybe players and coaches of different teams organise coffees in the off season because they're bored and like playing with the media and fans. That's what I'd do.

Gee that’s a quality photo. I mean it does look like them, but come on

Gee that’s a quality photo. I mean it does look like them, but come on

i want to ask why they took the photo of them from the back as they were leaving ... surely they had an hour to take the photo of them sitting at the table (since they appear to have taken the photo from inside the cafe)

or from the street, which would have gotten their faces in the photo.

that is just poor journalism ... even by NRL standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maddy
  • Jazza
  • Lozza
  • Foordy
  • Gaz
  • ezpz
  • bb_gun
  • HarryAllan7
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skyblues87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.