Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should consider him ... if the Titans are willing to pay 95% of his contract
I'd be happy with 60% , a much better half than croft. One made to look good in the team of the decade, and one lumped with a struggling team.

I'd be happy with 60% , a much better half than croft. One made to look good in the team of the decade, and one lumped with a struggling team.

No.

You'd have to worry about Taylor's mental health if he plays here. Titans are generally thought of as a joke, everyone kinda expects them to do shit. At the Broncos, there are new media articles thrown around every few hours - someone probably has to set an alarm for 3am to write one. He'd be receiving the biggest load of it, being a halfback at the Broncos is probably going to be the most stressful player job in the NRL.

You'd have to worry about Taylor's mental health if he plays here. Titans are generally thought of as a joke, everyone kinda expects them to do shit. At the Broncos, there are new media articles thrown around every few hours - someone probably has to set an alarm for 3am to write one. He'd be receiving the biggest load of it, being a halfback at the Broncos is probably going to be the most stressful player job in the NRL.
If Darius has to stay around, then he would be the ideal person to help Ash Taylor with his problems.

I'd be getting on the phone to Ash and saying to him straight up "look mate, lets face it, your career is basically on life support. You have to be honest with yourself in order to save it, so come home on a 2 year deal worth 400k, zero pressure attached as a result and save your own bacon."

I'd be getting on the phone to Ash and saying to him straight up "look mate, lets face it, your career is basically on life support. You have to be honest with yourself in order to save it, so come home on a 2 year deal worth 400k, zero pressure attached as a result and save your own bacon."
Yep get him cheap , behind a good pack and far better club with more support. I think he could be great , has a far superior kicking game and he was only behind Thurston a few years back in try assists. The kid just needs some confidence back

Taylors off field habits are a huge concern, I would be seriously hesitant considering we have a young impressionable team.

He’s had a rough year with his parent’s breakup. I’m sure that has inspired some unhealthy off-field habits as well. The whole situation is pretty toxic.
Not good, hopefully he isn't lost to all this.
May hold him in good stead though if he can come out the other side.

Maybe a change of scenery is exactly what he needs! But on a huge fucking discount for it to be worth the risk

I can understand why we would look at Taylor for the right price but there is no way he is ready to step into what will be the most high pressure position at a club under the microscope next year.

A waste of money, we need a halfback now, not in 2 to 3 years when he MIGHT be back on track.

Taylor seems a massive risk given we already have one borderline unmotivated half in Milford. Do we really need another? If Croft is the type of half Seibold wants and believes can implement his game plan then I'd much rather roll with him, even if Taylor has a seemingly higher ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.