Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The addition of Fafita to the Souths squad would make them premiership favorites (almost). He'd be crazy not to consider it. There are a lot greener pastures than the train wreck that is occurring at Red Hill atm.

Your comment was hard to read, mainly because it's a fair assessment currently.

Would it be the worst thing if we lost Fifita?

Would it be the worst thing if we lost Fifita?

Honestly, probably not next year, or the year after but in the seasons that follow when we hopefully have our current shit show spine sorted, Fifita will be valuable to taking the step to win a comp.

The guy is on a trajectory to be one of the best players in their position, other than Haas we currently don't have that player and its easier to keep one you have than buy from another team and they are needed to win comps.

The family has indicated he will be staying in Brisbane, the club has already said they have money set aside for a fair offer, if Fifita goes somewhere else then the other club has offered some crazy money and as a club we probably shouldn't be bothering to match that and get into a bidding war anyway.

Its pretty simple, if Fafita truly wants to be here then he will stay, if he is chasing cash then he will go, re-signing before or after Nov 1 will have no effect on that.

I would say fair chance if not locked down by Nov 1, we have lost him. What could possibly be holding up any ocmmitments? Our roster/budget is clearly locked for the next year already, so there not much room for negotiations or wiggle room to front end a deal.

Last edited:
The family has indicated he will be staying in Brisbane, the club has already said they have money set aside for a fair offer, if Fifita goes somewhere else then the other club has offered some crazy money and as a club we probably shouldn't be bothering to match that and get into a bidding war anyway.

Its pretty simple, if Fafita truly wants to be here then he will stay, if he is chasing cash then he will go, re-signing before or after Nov 1 will have no effect on that.

If Souths are able to offer him close to a mil then they’re the new rorters. They have to upgrade Murray and Walker plus have Cook, arey, and Burgess on huge dollars.

I would say fair chance if not locked down by Nov 1, we have lost him. What could possibly be holding up any ocmmitments? Our roster/budget is clearly locked for the next year already, so there not much room for negotiations or wiggle room to front end a deal.
Easy to keep other teams money committed to him whilst knowing he's been locked up, mean while making our move on other players we're chasing.

Why would he rush to re-sign or sign with another club?

His agent/manager should be doing everything he can to slow down the negotiations....

The longer he waits the more money he generally gets offered, creates more news/hype also.

His agent/manager should be doing everything he can to slow down the negotiations....

The longer he waits the more money he generally gets offered, creates more news/hype also.
Ask Blake Austin what happens when you wait for a better deal.
Thing is somebody else like a Val Holmes comes along out of the blue that the club thinks is a better proposition and guess what you are playing super league. Just saying. Sign the fucking thing David.

Fair point but it can be a double edged sword. The longer he waits, the less cash becomes available in the player market.

Tigers fans talking themselves off the ledge about Tedesco/Moses.

I remember when the Brooks / Moses combination wasn't working at the Tigers and I raised the proposition of signing whichever one of them we could get our hands on, which from memory was pretty much unanimously shot down on here (Maybe @Big Pete had my back, I think he supported the Brooks idea), since their separation, Brooks halfback of the year 2018, Moses halfback of the year 2019.

Hmm...

I remember when the Brooks / Moses combination wasn't working at the Tigers and I raised the proposition of signing whichever one of them we could get our hands on, which from memory was pretty much unanimously shot down on here (Maybe @Big Pete had my back, I think he supported the Brooks idea), since their separation, Brooks halfback of the year 2018, Moses halfback of the year 2019.

Hmm...
As I understand it we had a crack at both.

Yes. It would be a catastrophe.

Without genuine playmakers, a smart game plan and coach, David Fifita will only be wasted on hack work out of our own end. He’ll pull off the occasional solo try but teams will be all over him in numbers next season.

Hmm...

They were like Cleary and Maloney, when either of them was allowed to be the primary playmaker, they made the most of the opportunity and reminded everybody how talented they were. However if they had to share the role, they would go into their shells and rely heavily on their rehearsed set plays which actively worked against their strengths.

No surprise that as soon as Moses left, Brooks' game lifted and the same can be said about Moses after Norman left the Eels.

I always preferred the idea of Brooks > Moses because I thought Moses was impatient and had a tendancy to force passes because he didn't trust his team mates enough to maintain the pressure. I'm not sure if that comparison still holds much water these days, both have matured since then, but that was my view 2-3 years ago.

While I'm happy to see Moses put together a good season, I didn't like the idea of a Milford-Moses combination. Partially because of salary cap repercussions, but I also saw them having a similar styles clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.