Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milford is not going anywhere, a trade doesn't work for him, he left Canberra to be with his family in Brisbane, he wants to be in Brisbane.

Last edited:
The big belly laughs of anyone from South's coming to Brisbane suggested they didn't like him because he was a prick.
Cook must have been forced to invite him to his wedding then...

Even with Bird and another high paid player leaving we'd still be well short of what Manly can offer Turbo, let alone what it would cost us to actually get him to leave them. Absolutely no chance.

As for Papenhuyzen, if he's leaving Melbourne then it's likely going to cost any other club an absolute arm and a leg too. No way we can win that bidding war. Not sure why we'd chase Dylan Brown, we already have our own Dylan Brown but potentially even better in Dearden.
[automerge]1570759855[/automerge]

Offering him 750k doesn't look good in hindsight. Perhaps he'd have faired better over here but there is every chance he'd have still struggled personally and we'd be the one left holding the baby.

So if say Boyd retired, said to be on 700k next year. And Bird left, also roughly 700k per year. Than we would be able to chase any of those blokes. Manly won't be paying turbo 1.4 mil per year and nor should we, but we could maybe table him a competitive offer.

In regards to Papenhuyzen, **** the storm let's poach the young fella, we need a fullback more than anything else.

Dylan Brown I would play at 6 with Dearden at 7. Keep Milf at the back for next year whilst grooming Reece Walsh to take over in 2021. At this stage I would not be resigning Milf beyond next year. He has not kicked on like most people thought he would. Dylan Brown is a tough little Bugger who makes great decisions under pressure. He is a star of the future imo.

Brodie Croft looks great for an old bloke.
True but everyone else mentioned is over 30, or a moron like Hastings. Might kill it on the field but not a player to bring into a mentally struggling team.

So if say Boyd retired, said to be on 700k next year. And Bird left, also roughly 700k per year. Than we would be able to chase any of those blokes. Manly won't be paying turbo 1.4 mil per year and nor should we, but we could maybe table him a competitive offer.

In regards to Papenhuyzen, **** the storm let's poach the young fella, we need a fullback more than anything else.

Dylan Brown I would play at 6 with Dearden at 7. Keep Milf at the back for next year whilst grooming Reece Walsh to take over in 2021. At this stage I would not be resigning Milf beyond next year. He has not kicked on like most people thought he would. Dylan Brown is a tough little Bugger who makes great decisions under pressure. He is a star of the future imo.

Is Dylan brown a Queenslander? If not there’s always that homesickness factor to consider too. Kinda sad there isn’t much home grown talent kicking on into first grade that we now need to rely on interstate players to move up.

Is Dylan brown a Queenslander? If not there’s always that homesickness factor to consider too. Kinda sad there isn’t much home grown talent kicking on into first grade that we now need to rely on interstate players to move up.

I believe he is a kiwi. Which is always good around origin time.

I admit i have not seen much of reece walsh (particularly defence) but from what i have, i thought he would be a 9/14 in the "cook" mould. Lighting out of dummy half, good footwork and a decent pass. Could be a very good 14.

I admit i have not seen much of reece walsh (particularly defence) but from what i have, i thought he would be a 9/14 in the "cook" mould. Lighting out of dummy half, good footwork and a decent pass. Could be a very good 14.

I'm the same. I've only seen some highlights really but he was playing at fullback in the highlights. He probably could become a hooker in the mould of cook but we already seem to be eyeing Paix off that role. Given we are not flush with good fullbacks atm I think I would prefer to see him continue his development at the back.

Off topic, but these commentators for Aus vs Fiji have called Campbell Murray, Blake Ferguson, everytime he got the ball. Including when he scored a try. Both commentators have said it about 10 times each... Ferguson isn't fucking in the country lol.

Terrible quality game. Looks like a bunch of superstars that don't care, verse the boiz from the pub.

we aren't talking about when he originally left the Broncos to the Titans. we chased him to come back after Hunt signed with the Dragons ... there was little to no competition for him in the 7 at the Broncos, if he came back for the 2018 season

he was reportedly offered the around the 750k mark to come back ... the Titans offer was reportedly around the $1 million mark. so a few hundred grand difference.
Oh, I didn't know that. How the **** did I miss the Broncos offering Taylor 750k!

He is definitely not the problem but out of the big money contracts currently strangling the club his would be the easiest to offload. No one wants Boyd or Macca so we’re stuck with them until they retire by the looks.
He's also the only one who actually has something to offer the team.

Throw him in at fullback I reckon, and it's one problem solved.

I find what you say very hard to believe. So you are telling us that all the players hated him yet the club fights tooth and nail to keep him and are pissed that he leaves. Clubs will always bend to the will of their players because you can’t sack a playing group but you can the coach. So you are having us believe that they had a golden opportunity to get rid of a coach the players hated for no cost yet still fought it?

Also, for a coach that players hate it seems weird that guys like Cook invited him to his wedding.

Also, if you are going to claim to have inside info don’t name the apparent players that told you this information. Rookie error and just sloppy really.
I'm not claiming to have inside info. I was in a box during the South's vs Penrith game at ANZ this year and am telling you fact, otherwise I wouldn't name a player. Gagai's contract was up in the air and I mentioned that and said let's swap him for Boyd and had a laugh. The blokes in the room laughed and said I highly doubt he would be headed to Brisbane with Seibs there. Maybe I misread it and they just had a personal issue, it seemed to stem a lot further than that though. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents, see it how you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosMan
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Yem
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • Gray
  • Dash
... and 60 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.