Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they only stop liking him because he bailed on them to come to Brisbane?
The big belly laughs of anyone from South's coming to Brisbane suggested they didn't like him because he was a prick.

The big belly laughs of anyone from South's coming to Brisbane suggested they didn't like him because he was a prick.

But was this before or after he decided to come here?

Pretty easy to hate a bloke after the fact.

The whispers were all over the place of Walker earlier in the year, there's also whispers of displeasure of Walker's post-origin performances at Souths. If he asked for a release, they'd grant it. Just a matter of how badly Seibold wants him I think. If he views Milford as a Fullback, he'll go hard after Cody, if he views him as a Five-Eighth, he may not.

I just get the vibe that Brisbane have worked out that Milford's best position is five-eight and that they are better to chase a halfback or fullback instead. At least that is what I would hope.

Player swap - Milf for Walker?
No. But not by much. Biggest thing for me is the age factor. At this stage I don't see much improvement/upside in Walker as he gets into his 30's. Whereas Milford is still relatively young and if he can get his shit together he can still go to the next level. Big if though.

A club doesn't just punt a coach because certain players don't like him. This came directly from Burns, Dillon and a Burgess that I won't name. Don't forget the amount of Broncos that requested a release when he got here. Smart bloke locking down all of our youth though! Hopefully our potential can outweigh experience over the next couple of years.
The club never 'punted' him. He left on his own accord. Souffs at the time, were trying to pin him down to another two year extension to his existing contract. What 'amount of Broncos requested a release when he got here'? I don't recall any. IRRC, Knik only asked after Siebs told him he was no longer in his plans as half back and instead would be used as a utility, but that was well after he got here. Su'a and Jimmy were moved on much later too by Siebs as they both never fitted into what he was planning. And I'm sure he managed to talk young Kennedy into moving from Souffs to Brisbane. So the line about 'nor would anyone want to' is not accurate either. So I'm going to have to call you out on this rumour pal.

Last edited:
Warning: the following comes from reading the play on twitter

The above rumour is absolute codswallop.

You can expect Bird to sign with the Dragons shortly, after rejecting a late sniff around by the Storm. Also expecting some news on Hastings once the Super League final is played on the weekend. Rapana to Broncos rumour was never going to happen so cross that one out too (sorry Ning but your mail sucks lol). Isaako will be playing fullback with Arthurs and Farmworth fighting it out for the other wing spot. You can read that as fact.

picking up walker after letting knik go, seems an insane strategy to me. Unless he was coming here on the cheap (which seems unlikely), I would think we would be better getting an "economy model" somewhere else and concentrating on tying down our squad a decent halfback.

Unless they try to kill it and tone it down, Walker brings the other thing we are severely lacking, something not mentioned as often as defence or lack of a halfback - support play. Yeah, it's not as important as those 2, but gee we really miss good support play, especially with Fifita and TPJ on the edges and Haas in the middle.

Walker is an older version of 2015 Milford, but with a massive chip on his shoulder - I don’t want that parasite anywhere near this club.

And in fairness to Milford, he is a far more rounded (no pun intended) player skill wise in 2019 than he was in 2015. He’s just been burdened with playing 6 and 7 without a decent 1 or 9 to help either.

Everyone knows, give Milford a solid 1, 7 and 9 and he has literally all the skills to be one of the best 6’s in the game, if not the best.

So, hard pass on Walker for me thanks.

A club doesn't just punt a coach because certain players don't like him. This came directly from Burns, Dillon and a Burgess that I won't name. Don't forget the amount of Broncos that requested a release when he got here. Smart bloke locking down all of our youth though! Hopefully our potential can outweigh experience over the next couple of years.

I find what you say very hard to believe. So you are telling us that all the players hated him yet the club fights tooth and nail to keep him and are pissed that he leaves. Clubs will always bend to the will of their players because you can’t sack a playing group but you can the coach. So you are having us believe that they had a golden opportunity to get rid of a coach the players hated for no cost yet still fought it?

Also, for a coach that players hate it seems weird that guys like Cook invited him to his wedding.

Also, if you are going to claim to have inside info don’t name the apparent players that told you this information. Rookie error and just sloppy really.

Is there a reason everyone mentioned is old, stuck in their mind set and has the let's look at their ancient history. How about finding some young kids who bleed maroon, aren't afraid of anyone and cheap. Yes 2020 might be a write off, but blood them now while selling the mentally weak old clowns, and let's start a new dynasty in 2021.

Is there a reason everyone mentioned is old, stuck in their mind set and has the let's look at their ancient history. How about finding some young kids who bleed maroon, aren't afraid of anyone and cheap. Yes 2020 might be a write off, but blood them now while selling the mentally weak old clowns, and let's start a new dynasty in 2021.

Brodie Croft looks great for an old bloke.

You can expect Bird to sign with the Dragons shortly, after rejecting a late sniff around by the Storm. Also expecting some news on Hastings once the Super League final is played on the weekend. Rapana to Broncos rumour was never going to happen so cross that one out too (sorry Ning but your mail sucks lol). Isaako will be playing fullback with Arthurs and Farmworth fighting it out for the other wing spot. You can read that as fact.
If we release Bird and sign only Hastings (and no Fullback) then that really doesn't make sense. Surely with Bird off our books we can afford to do better than Hastings as a Halfback and literally no one at Fullback.

Last edited:

So still stuck with boyd and macca ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bongo
  • RolledOates
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.