Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like to think that both us and Dave are just playing mind games with the media ... we're giving them plenty of rope, with their theories on where he'll end up once he leaves us ... only to be shot down when he signs on the dotted line

Well if after the season we have had they management think that this is what the fans want or need then they really need a reality check.

Well if after the season we have had they management think that this is what the fans want or need then they really need a reality check.
Yes, we all need a bex and a good lie down.

The Broncos aren't waiting for anything.

They are in negotiations and are hoping to have a deal done by January. These processes just take time, especially when it's for a big name player. There's a lot of details to sort out and I imagine there would be third party deals which just adds onto the time negotiations take. They have to source them and they have to be approved by the NRL to make sure there's no shady shit going on.

Not only that, but Fifita has been away on International duties.

No one is playing mind games.

Oates has just re signed for 2020, with PO for 2021 and 2022.
Not sure why we continue to do these player options. Only seems to work in the players favour

Oates has just re signed for 2020, with PO for 2021 and 2022.
Not sure why we continue to do these player options. Only seems to work in the players favour
I feel the same way. Really it's this. If he has an amazing year, he leaves at the end for a bigger deal. If he has a shit year, he stays with us and we suffer.

Not sure why we keep doing these player option deals.

Just to give you guys an idea of how long this negotiation shit takes, Hooper said on 360 the Monday after Parramatta smashed us that the deal with Oates was "very far along, probably too far along to be pulled back." The deal was nearing completion then, and that was in September. It took the club and Corey's management over a month just to dot I's and cross T's.

So if we only started pursuing someone like Croft with any urgency on the same day, we're in for a hell of a wait yet before we hear anything. Contract negotiations are slow, tedious, meticulous and frustrating, especially for fans who are coming off probably the most humiliating defeat ever.

Patience.

I feel the same way. Really it's this. If he has an amazing year, he leaves at the end for a bigger deal. If he has a shit year, he stays with us and we suffer.

what do you think happens if he signs a straight 3 year deal, then has a shit year in year one ...

i'll tell you what ... exactly the same as if he signs a one year deal with 2 years of player options

Last edited:
Just to give you guys an idea of how long this negotiation shit takes, Hooper said on 360 the Monday after Parramatta smashed us that the deal with Oates was "very far along, probably too far along to be pulled back." The deal was nearing completion then, and that was in September. It took the club and Corey's management over a month just to dot I's and cross T's.

So if we only started pursuing someone like Croft with any urgency on the same day, we're in for a hell of a wait yet before we hear anything. Contract negotiations are slow, tedious, meticulous and frustrating, especially for fans who are coming off probably the most humiliating defeat ever.

Patience.
We signed Seggy in like a few days.

Is Croft signed yet?

We could literally be waiting for the NRL to rubber stamp the contract, or for a few other recruitment things to be finalised before we know if we can offer the right price, or Melbourne could be difficult and just string/delay things along for the **** of it.

Once Croft and Fifi are signed, I can be happy we're going to have a good 2020.

what do you think happens if he signs a straight 3 year deal, then has a shit year in year one ...

i'll tell you what ... exactly the same as if he signs a one year deal with 2 years of player options
Yeah, but he still gets the benefit if he has a good year, we don't.

Ummm.......but the club does get the benefit if he has a good year, the club reaps the rewards on the field, he puts bums on seats at the ground and pushes the club closer to success in September.

I get that providing PO in the contracts is used as a negotiation tool which enables us to potentially negotiate a lower salary (as it is virtually an insurance policy for the player for form/injury etc.), but 2 years PO? I thought we would have avoided that given the current predicament we find our selves in with macca and boyd.

I like corey but i just hope we havent shot ourselves in the foot and affected our capacity to resign and sign essential players.

Ummm.......but the club does get the benefit if he has a good year, the club reaps the rewards on the field, he puts bums on seats at the ground and pushes the club closer to success in September.
And then he ***** off the next year to another club on more money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • dasherhalo
  • phoenix
  • LittleDavey
  • Lostboy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.