Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oates seen at Townsville airport 🤔

Makes sense for both parties. He is familiar with players already present and is joining a side with a terrible backline, and also will have Holmes and probably another big gain like B Smith in the squad fairly soon.

Or it could be nothing. I'm wagering nobody had the balls to approach him and ask him what he was doing in Townsville. It could be as simple as something like a holiday.

If burgess gets his medical retirement in the next week or so (as rumoured) I think we will be at massive risk of losing Fifita. I’ve been confident we will retain him, but souffs will go hard if they manage to get burgess’ money off the cap.
It’ll be the ultimate F U to Brisbane if it happens.

Clubs are mad if they don't challenge this. Drag it out by any means necessary if they have to.

If Burgess is permitted to get a medical retirement then we absolutely are with Gillett.

Cows should give us Drink in exchange for Oates. One of either Drink or Clifford is the odd man out with Holmes coming back. Imagine if we manage to have Drink and Croft in our spine, aka half the preferred starting storm spine from the start of this year before Drink got injured.

If Burgess is permitted to get a medical retirement then we absolutely are with Gillett.

I personally believe that SB should be allowed to retire medically, but they aint the rules and clubs have suffered because of them in the near past (Watmough comes to mind, Stewart and Matai too I think). We should have to carry Gillett unless he gives up his contract and Souths should have to carry SB.

Last edited:
Have any players been spotted touring red hill? Or at least at Brisbane airport? We’re not signing anyone it seems.

He's been up there for about a week i think now. I think i posted something about it last tuesday or wednesday, but i cant actually remember if i did!

I personally believe that SB should be allowed to retire medically, but they aint the rules and clubs have suffered because of them in the near past (Watmough comes to mind, Stewart and Matai too I think). We should have to carry Gillett unless he gives up his contract and Souths should have to carry SB.

Actually Burgess would be able to medically retire and Souths would be able to have that exempt from the cap because his situation does fit under the rules.

The others you mentioned, they didn't. They are all very different to the Burgess situation.

Gillett's last signed a contract after his injury. We can't have his money exempt from the cap.

The Burgess situation is different. Despite everyone's hatred for Souths and the NRL, his situation does fit under the rules.

Gillett's last signed a contract after his injury. We can't have his money exempt from the cap.

The Burgess situation is different. Despite everyone's hatred for Souths and the NRL, his situation does fit under the rules.
Just curious,over the years how many issues has Burgess had with his shoulders?

Maybe Homes turned cowboys down to sign with us and now they are going after Oates. A guy can dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.