Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he wasn’t, not compared to previous years. If anything, he looked better this year than in previous years at times. It is just that the problem is he has been and never will be any better than he is now.

I mean last year he was deemed good enough to be the 9 for Qld. And this year was replaced by a half back. So no I don’t think he was better this year.

Geez I hope he doesn't read or pay any mind to all of this garbage. Can anyone remember such hype for 19yo

Smith playing on is good news, it means the Storm are not going to be flushed with extra cash to throw at somebody like Fifita or even change their mind about hanging onto Croft.
Great point. Plus I would love to watch Smith fail miserably in at least 1 season. This keeps that window open.

Last edited:
Hurry up and sign Croft. Hope it's announced November 1 with a Fifita extension.

Hurry up and sign Croft. Hope it's announced November 1 with a Fifita extension.

Presser for Friday morning, introducing Croft & Arthars, announcing Lodge & Fifita as co-captains, announcing a 5 year deal for Fifita, announcing that Gillett & Boyd have both medically retired with no hit to the salary cap, announcing that McCullough has taken up a deal with 3rd grade French Rugby and they're paying us a $400K transfer fee to release him.

Geez I hope he doesn't read or pay any mind to all of this garbage. Can anyone remember such hype for 19yo

it would be just as bad if the club hadn’t had the foresight to lock Haas up long term. Wish we gave Fifita the Payne treatment in retrospect but it’s hard to go all in so massive on two teenagers

Presser for Friday morning, introducing Croft & Arthars, announcing Lodge & Fifita as co-captains, announcing a 5 year deal for Fifita, announcing that Gillett & Boyd have both medically retired with no hit to the salary cap, announcing that McCullough has taken up a deal with 3rd grade French Rugby, and they're paying us a $400K transfer fee to release him.

Insert second jizz in pants gif.

Clearly didn’t get any or at least any that was near his salary.

The Macca apologists need to accept that no one wants their boy.

I dont think there are any Macca apologists, but clearly, if he has always been re-signed at Brisbane and never chose to test himself on the open market in the past he isnt going to get offers. That doesnt mean a great deal in those circumstances. I'm sure we have had plenty of players who never got offers because we tied them up to a contract but they were still more than likely wanted by other clubs.

I dont think he is going to get a better contract than he has now though, so you cant blame him for staying.

Actually his only one has recently returned.

I actually dont think he is as bad as some people make out, but the game has changed and he is nothing more than a solid option in that position these days. He hasn't evolved his game, he doesn't provide any spark, and with our other spine options being extremely weak as well, it just highlights his deficiencies even more.

Until the Warriors throw some money at their attitude issues, they'll never be a contender.

It's the same story every year - look fucking amazing on paper, but can never put it together on the field for a myriad of reasons.

I actually dont think he is as bad as some people make out, but the game has changed and he is nothing more than a solid option in that position these days. He hasn't evolved his game, he doesn't provide any spark, and with our other spine options being extremely weak as well, it just highlights his deficiencies even more.
Ok. I have stayed out of the Macca arguments but tonight I will give my opinion. I know a young bloke that went to school with Macca and he really talked him up so I watched him closely from the start.
First of all he is renowned for his fitness but I don’t think he is a natural endurance athlete. Early in his career he looked promising but would inevitably hit a wall in games and start making stupid errors that were clearly fatigue related. Then just when I was close to giving up on him as an 80 minute player he suddenly got it. But the way he did it was to pace himself. He seemed to go into his own little bubble and make his efficient tackles in the middle and pass from dummy half to whoever screamed the loudest but his game awareness was gone. We all know he can kick and he was a better runner early on but he simply stopped looking for the right opportunities to do it.
This year I think he actually played ok by his standards. I have seen many comments that he only plays well when there’s pressure on his position but I think a lot of it is that if he knows he only has to survive 50 or 60 minutes out there he doesn’t pace himself as much.
Now though I think Turpin is the future. Even though he’s making a few too many errors for my liking he does two things well. Firstly, while he doesn’t make as many tackles as Macca, the ones he does make are inspirational for our young pack. Secondly he is more game aware with better ball playing skill. He can get out of dummy half and draw defenders and then give it to these superstar young forwards in a much better position than just distributing from dummy half.
So basically I am not hating on Macca. I think he has been the best Macca he could be and never got above himself by asking for ridiculous money but sadly for him we have a better option now. I really hope he picks up a gig with another team where he can be the number 1 hooker to finish his career.

Ok. I have stayed out of the Macca arguments but tonight I will give my opinion. I know a young bloke that went to school with Macca and he really talked him up so I watched him closely from the start.
First of all he is renowned for his fitness but I don’t think he is a natural endurance athlete. Early in his career he looked promising but would inevitably hit a wall in games and start making stupid errors that were clearly fatigue related. Then just when I was close to giving up on him as an 80 minute player he suddenly got it. But the way he did it was to pace himself. He seemed to go into his own little bubble and make his efficient tackles in the middle and pass from dummy half to whoever screamed the loudest but his game awareness was gone. We all know he can kick and he was a better runner early on but he simply stopped looking for the right opportunities to do it.
This year I think he actually played ok by his standards. I have seen many comments that he only plays well when there’s pressure on his position but I think a lot of it is that if he knows he only has to survive 50 or 60 minutes out there he doesn’t pace himself as much.
Now though I think Turpin is the future. Even though he’s making a few too many errors for my liking he does two things well. Firstly, while he doesn’t make as many tackles as Macca, the ones he does make are inspirational for our young pack. Secondly he is more game aware with better ball playing skill. He can get out of dummy half and draw defenders and then give it to these superstar young forwards in a much better position than just distributing from dummy half.
So basically I am not hating on Macca. I think he has been the best Macca he could be and never got above himself by asking for ridiculous money but sadly for him we have a better option now. I really hope he picks up a gig with another team where he can be the number 1 hooker to finish his career.
Agreed with every word up to the last sentence.

Agreed with every word up to the last sentence.

Why not? He could join the new American team in the super league and be captain/coach and still continue his rep career with the US Tomahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.