Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the roo$ters will want bird if latrell heads to the Tigers. I doubt it, but it could be a possibility. Funnily enough, they should actually have some money with latrell and cronk off the books..

I wonder if the roo$ters will want bird if latrell heads to the Tigers. I doubt it, but it could be a possibility. Funnily enough, they should actually have some money with latrell and cronk off the books..

Signing Bird after a shit period at a club and plenty of injury trouble is pretty much the opposite of the Rorters modus operandi. That's what separates them from us, sadly.

Last edited:
Signing Bird after a shit period at a club and plenty of injury trouble is pretty much the opposite of the Rorters modus operandi. That's what separates them from us, sadly.
Agreed however, I’m sure that they would be interested if they only had to pay him say $400k and I wouldn’t be surprised if we were stupid enough to chip in the rest.
In saying that though, if that was the case it could potentially free up the 400k for Croft, even Green..

Agreed however, I’m sure that they would be interested if they only had to pay him say $400k and I wouldn’t be surprised if we were stupid enough to chip in the rest.
In saying that though, if that was the case it could potentially free up the 400k for Croft, even Green..

If B Morris decides to give it away plus Mitchell leaves, I can see them maybe having a look at him on a discount contract, but my gut tells me I wouldn't be holding out for any late pre-season miracles.

I don’t want Bird to go... I reckon he’s the exact type of player we need at the club right now. The guys a fucking winner . I feel like he owes us a cracking season too.
It would be extremely painful watching him tear it up in Roosters colours...Because that is exactly what would happen!

I wouldn't. They aren't all that different in terms of talent but Bird has a far better attitude.

Mitchell stays fit, Bird hasn't for us. I like Bird, and i think he is a very good player, but i also think if things click into place for Mitchell he could easily be an elite fullback, he just needs to push himself.

Last edited:
I'd actually be happy with a Mitchell/Bird trade.
I'm not trying to push an agenda here but do you reckon with all the supposed turmoil with players not buying in to Seibold's ideas and Latrell's alleged issues we'd see the best out of him? The money being bandied around for Mitchell is enormous, higher even than the bullshit overblown figures Booze came up with for Bird when he left the Sharks. It'd be a hell of a punt.

I'm not trying to push an agenda here but do you reckon with all the supposed turmoil with players not buying in to Seibold's ideas and Latrell's alleged issues we'd see the best out of him? The money being bandied around for Mitchell is enormous, higher even than the bullshit overblown figures Booze came up with for Bird when he left the Sharks. It'd be a hell of a punt.

It definitely seems like he'd be more comfortable in something like Bennett's system than Seibold's, for sure.

Wayne definitely has a soft spot for bad boys.....Seibs, not so much.

Last edited:

I really don't know mate. Nothing has been working for us lately

I don’t want Bird to go... I reckon he’s the exact type of player we need at the club right now. The guys a fucking winner . I feel like he owes us a cracking season too.
It would be extremely painful watching him tear it up in Roosters colours...Because that is exactly what would happen!
Yeah I’ve come around in wanting him to stay, unless a club out there is willing to take him at 75% of what his contract is worth I’d like to see what he could do in actual season. If he’s back to full fitness he could be that xfactor we need in the backline

Bird to Roosters makes sense though. They also lost Cronk and Keary is tipped to move to 7. Bird could slot in at 6, and if that fails, move to centre for Latrell.

People suggesting a Latrell / Bird trade. NTY. Latrell is a lazier, dumber version of Inglis and listens to Mundine. I don't want him anywhere near us.
[automerge]1574299086[/automerge]
Not going so well for the downed jet.
Yeah but that's because he's unfit and lazy. Hodges was the ultimate competitor and always turned up on game day. It comes down to the person. And Latrell and Jimmy are in that boat of doing well when it suits them / when they can be bothered. As great as Inglis was, he also had a tendency to be invisible in some games.

Last edited:
Bird to Roosters makes sense though. They also lost Cronk and Keary is tipped to move to 7. Bird could slot in at 6, and if that fails, move to centre for Latrell.

People suggesting a Latrell / Bird trade. NTY. Latrell is a lazier, dumber version of Inglis and listens to Mundine. I don't want him anywhere near us.
SBW is good mates with Mundine too, so was Hazem, and they were elite sportsmen right up until the day they retired. You know who else was good mates with Mundine? Justin Hodges.

I think Latrell cops a whole heap of shit for no good reason. There's a lot of talented players who are lazy, we have Anthony Milford who fills that role better than Latrell ever could. One's a winner, one isn't.

I wouldn't take LM for a million but at 700k or so, he could be our fullback and be the x-factor we need. I'd absolutely tell Bird to piss off if it was a trade for LM with no extra money from us.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Porthoz
  • kman
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.