Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure about the credibility of this journo, but he is reporting in the SMH that now that Mitchell might be disappearing off the Tigers radar, Milford is one of their top targets.
It was mentioned before they pulled the pin on latrell. Benji is a milf fan so he might be behind it.

Going by what Seibold said in today's press release about Croft, Milford and Dearden being the future of the spine, I'd be surprised if he's shopping Milford before his contract expires. He might offer them Bird, though. That would make sense.

Last edited:
Going by what Seibold said in today's press release about Croft, Milford and Dearden being the future of the spine, I'd be surprised if he's shopping Milford before his contract expires. He might offer them Bird, though. That would make sense.
Worrying comment tbh. Most spines have 4 players. Why would he leave out the hooker?

Worrying comment tbh. Most spines have 4 players. Why would he leave out the hooker?
I'm reading it as he's planning to move Macca on but doesn't want to publicly dump him just yet. We all know Turpin is Seib's bumboy. He'll be hooker. We just don't know whether Macca is going to be running on at the 50 minute mark or peeling oranges at Redcliffe.

I'm reading it as he's planning to move Macca on but doesn't want to publicly dump him just yet. We all know Turpin is Seib's bumboy. He'll be hooker. We just don't know whether Macca is going to be running on at the 50 minute mark or peeling oranges at Redcliffe.

Preferably the latter but my history of luck on the subject of dumping Macca tells me the former will be true.

Well, this is interesting.

26266F04 EF26 4B13 8033 4FB02A0ECB78

Last edited:

Good call as well... Blair is on more than Macca and we have a million middles in front of him.

Looks like Blair has a player option next year so we'd be in the same position as Macca for 2021 anyway with a position we have stacked.

On a massively positive note it confirms he’s not in Seibold’s plans.

@Smokin' Joe liking your post gives me so much hope that maybe now finally the horse has bolted.

I'd rather just swallow Macca's probably quite modest contract and leave him in QCup for a rainy day. That also all but ensures Kevie doesn't pick him for QLD again, FMD.

I took it more as he was speaking of half options rather than the entire spine.

Not sure about the credibility of this journo, but he is reporting in the SMH that now that Mitchell might be disappearing off the Tigers radar, Milford is one of their top targets.

If Milford were to be released to the tigers would Mitchell become a possible target for us? His attitude can be questionable as well as his current advice being shocking but he would be pretty potent receiving offloads from our forwards as well as being an arguably improved long kicking option and a big body returning the ball from fullback. He also has a bit of a passing game and x-factor and is a handy goal kicker as well as another field goal option. He also looks to want the ball in clutch moments rather then being somewhat fearful as Milford can be.

If the tigs take a fair chunk of milf and say we could offload a chunk of bird it could be an option financially (would have to get base contract player replacements) then with Bird, Boyd, Macca, Milf gone in the next couple of years long term Mitchell, Fifita and Haas become the big money players along with Croft / Deardon and Turpin as effective but not marquee spine organisers and then the rest of the team can be Mid range or lower contracts filling gaps. Not sure it’s the right idea but I think Mitchell is starting to get a bit desperate and he does fit some of our needs well.

If Milford were to be released to the tigers would Mitchell become a possible target for us? His attitude can be questionable as well as his current advice being shocking but he would be pretty potent receiving offloads from our forwards as well as being an arguably improved long kicking option and a big body returning the ball from fullback. He also has a bit of a passing game and x-factor and is a handy goal kicker as well as another field goal option. He also looks to want the ball in clutch moments rather then being somewhat fearful as Milford can be.

If the tigs take a fair chunk of milf and say we could offload a chunk of bird it could be an option financially (would have to get base contract player replacements) then with Bird, Boyd, Macca, Milf gone in the next couple of years long term Mitchell, Fifita and Haas become the big money players along with Croft / Deardon and Turpin as effective but not marquee spine organisers and then the rest of the team can be Mid range or lower contracts filling gaps. Not sure it’s the right idea but I think Mitchell is starting to get a bit desperate and he does fit some of our needs well.

God I hope not
I'm not blind to Milford's deficiencies, but I'd take him over LM every day of the week

There’s so much more food options than Macca’s in Sydney if Milford was to move there.

Who would swap Milford for Mitchell?

I don't know, I still think Milford is/or at least could be the best 5/8 in the game if he turned up. If Seibold wants him at fullback though, I'd swap him in a heart beat.

I kind of like the idea of Mitchell at fullback, but i'm not sure how he would fit in.
[automerge]1575168877[/automerge]
Mitchell is the opposite of the culture they are trying to build here.

Yeah, he has been an important part of a club that competes at the top, wins premierships and lives up to their reputation as one of the heavy hitters of the NRL. We dont do that kind of thing here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.