Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blair is not off contract and has already ruled out a move to NZ. Perfectly happy at the Broncos. Ofa will go, I think Dodds will stay unless he gets a monster deal from the UK and money will determine Herman.

the mole possibly continuing his record of getting nothing right :P

According to mole: the broncos front row stocks are under siege, with joe ofahengaue, Herman ese'ese, Adam Blair and Mitchell Dodds all in danger of leaving the club next season. Blair, Ofahengaue and Dodds are of contract while rival club are trying to lure the promising ese'ese away from red hill.
Ese'ese spent last weekend in Newcastle, where he was wined and dined by the knights. With the Broncos spending big mone to sign jack bird and retain Darius Boyd and Anthony Milford, the club has little wiggle room in the salary cap and is vulnerable to the raiders.
If Broncos lose one or two of the quartet, it will leave them extremely vulnerable up front in 2018. The warriors are looking at bothblair and ofahengaue and are confident of signing at least one of the pair. The titian are keen on ofahengaue while Dodds is being chased by a couple of Uk clubs. Wayne Bennett is working hard to retain his big mem, but will need all his magic skills to keep them on board in the face of big money offers from elsewhere.

When will people learn that Blair isn't even off contract.

there is a big difference between "letting some one go" and not being prepared (or able to) match a massive offer from another club
I said "if so" as in if he is under contract why the hell would we let him go

Wayne has just finished saying how Adam is one of his all time favourite players. In fact I've never seen Wayne talk up a player as often as he has Adam Blair.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't retire a bronco.

According to mole: the broncos front row stocks are under siege, with joe ofahengaue, Herman ese'ese, Adam Blair and Mitchell Dodds all in danger of leaving the club next season. Blair, Ofahengaue and Dodds are of contract while rival club are trying to lure the promising ese'ese away from red hill.
Ese'ese spent last weekend in Newcastle, where he was wined and dined by the knights. With the Broncos spending big mone to sign jack bird and retain Darius Boyd and Anthony Milford, the club has little wiggle room in the salary cap and is vulnerable to the raiders.
If Broncos lose one or two of the quartet, it will leave them extremely vulnerable up front in 2018. The warriors are looking at bothblair and ofahengaue and are confident of signing at least one of the pair. The titian are keen on ofahengaue while Dodds is being chased by a couple of Uk clubs. Wayne Bennett is working hard to retain his big mem, but will need all his magic skills to keep them on board in the face of big money offers from elsewhere.

Stinking Ricky Stuart!

Wayne has just finished saying how Adam is one of his all time favourite players. In fact I've never seen Wayne talk up a player as often as he has Adam Blair.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't retire a bronco.

And Blairy himself said that he doesn't want to play anywhere else.

Blair and Ese'Ese will both stay, pretty sure they are both under contract next season too. I doubt Dodds will go to UK, he was only over there for one season and came back because he was injured and homesick so... With Bird coming and looking like he will play lock, our team next year will likely be something like;

1. Boyd (Assuming he renews)
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Roberts (Assuming he renews)
5. Kahu (Apparently basically renewed)
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Mcguire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Jack Bird
Bench: Glenn (Apparently also basically renewed), Sims, Ese'Ese, Pangai Jr

So our top squad of forwards will still be very good. Then players like Sua, Dodds etc as the subs. Also remember, players like Thaiday and Pangai Jr are capable of playing front row if needed as well, and we have too many backrowers to name...

Blair and Ese'Ese will both stay, pretty sure they are both under contract next season too. I doubt Dodds will go to UK, he was only over there for one season and came back because he was injured and homesick so... With Bird coming and looking like he will play lock, our team next year will likely be something like;

1. Boyd (Assuming he renews)
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Roberts (Assuming he renews)
5. Kahu (Apparently basically renewed)
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Mcguire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Jack Bird
Bench: Glenn (Apparently also basically renewed), Sims, Ese'Ese, Pangai Jr

So our top squad of forwards will still be very good. Then players like Sua, Dodds etc as the subs. Also remember, players like Thaiday and Pangai Jr are capable of playing front row if needed as well, and we have too many backrowers to name...

I can't see Moga keeping his spot once we have other fully fit center options like Bird/Opacic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.