Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose all the incumbents are 'in contention' though...

source.gif

He is another Arana Taumata, will realise what he has stuffed up one day and no one will care, he has burned too many bridges now.

Taumata could have had a good career.

A talented kid, but his attitude was absolute shithouse.

plus he was with both souths and the titans, and they both punted him for being an idiot. drink driving at the titans I think, not sure about souths.

Sacked after two drink driving offences when he was at the Titans. He was stood down the first time, and then sacked the second time. Both in the same year.

Then he went to the Rabbitohs, and got sacked after failing to turn up to training after a bender.

And now the Roosters..

That'd arguably be the greatest "running" back 7 in the history of the NRL, all of those players are above average runners of the football relative to their position excluding Kahu I'd say.

Still don't think it'd be a great team, forwards would be light and so would the playmaking.
Broncos 2009 team was pretty good too.

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Justin Hodges
4. Israel F0lau
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace

If it wasn't for bloody Ashton Sims we would have won the comp that year.

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Justin Hodges
4. Israel F0lau
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace

It was 2008 when Sims did that.

In 2009, Sims redeemed himself with a dominant performance against the Dragons in the knockout semi at Suncorp.

He is another Arana Taumata, will realise what he has stuffed up one day and no one will care, he has burned too many bridges now.

Good ol' Dr. Taumata. At one point, had been at more clubs than had played first grade games

It was 2008 when Sims did that.

In 2009, Sims redeemed himself with a dominant performance against the Dragons in the knockout semi at Suncorp.

Yep. Wall-P did his knee in '09 IIRC.

Peter Badel has said that he spoke to Wayne Bennett and he emphatically ruled out Inglis and said the Broncos could not afford a player of that ability.

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Justin Hodges
4. Israel F0lau
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace

We don't talk about that year

Well if we can't afford Inglis then there goes my hopes of ever getting Burgess.

Not like I think we stood much of a chance anyway, but one could dream.

According to mole: the broncos front row stocks are under siege, with joe ofahengaue, Herman ese'ese, Adam Blair and Mitchell Dodds all in danger of leaving the club next season. Blair, Ofahengaue and Dodds are of contract while rival club are trying to lure the promising ese'ese away from red hill.
Ese'ese spent last weekend in Newcastle, where he was wined and dined by the knights. With the Broncos spending big mone to sign jack bird and retain Darius Boyd and Anthony Milford, the club has little wiggle room in the salary cap and is vulnerable to the raiders.
If Broncos lose one or two of the quartet, it will leave them extremely vulnerable up front in 2018. The warriors are looking at bothblair and ofahengaue and are confident of signing at least one of the pair. The titian are keen on ofahengaue while Dodds is being chased by a couple of Uk clubs. Wayne Bennett is working hard to retain his big mem, but will need all his magic skills to keep them on board in the face of big money offers from elsewhere.

We really need to keep Herman. And actually give him quality minutes.

Blair being made NZ captain, though he deserved it, seems like he's being buttered up.

I didn't think Blair was even off contract it was just screwed up because journos had no idea how old he was?? If so why the hell would the broncos just let him go.

Offa will surely leave as he is not getting any minutes with the broncos. Titans would be his best option NZ is where players go to die.

I think broncos will try and lock down Herman and thought they were already in discussion to extend??

I don't really see Dodds moving back to UK either. Did I read somewhere that he is a physio as well?? You'd think he'd stay in aus and try and line up work after football with broncos or an ISC side if that's the case

If so why the hell would the broncos just let him go.

there is a big difference between "letting some one go" and not being prepared (or able to) match a massive offer from another club

Blair is not off contract and has already ruled out a move to NZ. Perfectly happy at the Broncos. Ofa will go, I think Dodds will stay unless he gets a monster deal from the UK and money will determine Herman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwibronco
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BRC088
  • jd87
  • leon.bott
  • thenry
  • MrRobot
  • winslow_wong
  • phoenix
  • mitch222
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.