Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone said, all of our young players are hyped up as stars, and all it does is falsely inflate their worth when contracts come around. Pick your conspiracy, it's either the NRL trying to nobble us in order to get some hype on the Brisbane II train, or it's the well-connected player agents leaning on their media friends to get them 6% of a larger pie.
It could easily be both. I'm very glad Isaac Moses is out of the picture at the moment.

Seibold

Mackay- 44G 18W 1D 25L
Storm- 24G-11W-13L
Assistant Manly- 24G- 8W
Assistant Souths- 24G 9W

JD

Pride 51G 40W
Two minor premierships
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Cowboys assistant 28G 20W
1 Premiership

Dragons NSW Cup- 24G 15 wins
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Broncos assistant 52G 32W
But hey, who needs demonstrated results when your have a kick arse power point presentation.

But hey, who needs demonstrated results when your have a kick arse power point presentation.

Are we sure his PPT was even that good? I think we can safely say there wasn't much structure to it. Probably skipped the beginning and end and went straight for the middle...which would have a picture of Boyd with a love heart around it...and the interviewers would have signed him up on the spot...hence the four year extended contract.

Last edited:
Are we sure his PPT was even that good? I think we can safely say there wasn't much structure to it. Probably skipped the beginning and end and went straight for the middle...which would have a picture of Boyd with a love heart around it...and the interviewers would have signed him up on the spot...hence the four year extended contract.

44 size comic sans and they were putty in his hands.

I miss those kick returns, I played him once in tryouts for met east and I’m pretty him stepping around me a thousand times is the reason I didn’t make it hahahahaha it was brutal, I was fucking embarrassed and then three years later he was playing for the broncos so I didn’t feel that bad after all.
Hunt leaving for AFL was a massive set back for our club. He would have retired one of the greats of the game. It could have even been a case of Billy who?

Hunt leaving for AFL was a massive set back for our club. He would have retired one of the greats of the game. It could have even been a case of Billy who?
The Karma is that it was detrimental to his career too. He never really reached the heights he promised in AFL or Rugby. Such a shame. I wish he had stayed. But money matters more sometimes.

Loved hunt but Billy had already surpassed him and taken the fullback spot in origin and Australian teams.

Hunt was probably the closest to being the “next Lockyer”. Would have transitioned into 5/8th and captain. Probably could have been the key to delivering the 2015 premiership.

What could have been ....

Like someone said, all of our young players are hyped up as stars, and all it does is falsely inflate their worth when contracts come around. Pick your conspiracy, it's either the NRL trying to nobble us in order to get some hype on the Brisbane II train, or it's the well-connected player agents leaning on their media friends to get them 6% of a larger pie.

Or option C media just like hyperbole. What's getting more attention- Best in 25 years or a sensible measured approach of I have seen him play ISC and he has these weakness and these strengths.

When Lewis scored three tries on debut the cover of RLW was a picture with WONDER KID.

Further to that, 99% of Broncos fans haven't seen ISC players play and 100% of the media haven't so a bit of attention and focus isn't bad for the game.

Hunt was probably the closest to being the “next Lockyer”. Would have transitioned into 5/8th and captain. Probably could have been the key to delivering the 2015 premiership.

What could have been ....

Imagine Khunt and Bhunt in the halves, with Milf at fullback probably.

Seibold

Mackay- 44G 18W 1D 25L
Storm- 24G-11W-13L
Assistant Manly- 24G- 8W
Assistant Souths- 24G 9W

JD

Pride 51G 40W
Two minor premierships
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Cowboys assistant 28G 20W
1 Premiership

Dragons NSW Cup- 24G 15 wins
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Broncos assistant 52G 32W
Amazing how such a record finds itself with a 5yr contract at the Broncos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • lynx000
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • Browny
  • DrGee
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.