Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Darius was happy to go to the Titans for us to get Ash, any coach would be stupid not to accept that deal.

We should get Dave Taylor back from Canberra. The big palooka looks like he's finally learned what he needs to do. Yeah, yeah I know, it's Dave Taylor etc etc etc. I think he'd be cheap and judging by his efforts on very little pay he might be as useful a pick up as Benji was. Go on, tell me I'm insane and all the other reasons why not.

He is set to sign a 3 year $1 million dollar deal overseas, doubt we could even come remotely close to matching that given how tight our re-signings/signings have been and given Taylor has no interest in a short term contract to remain at the Raiders and isn't afraid to go from club to club where the money is. That would be assuming Bennett would even want to touch the player he believed to be a coach killer in the first place.

Taylor is leaving the Raiders because they can't offer him a significant upgrade on his current deal.

We wouldn't be able to get him for a bargain price like we got Benji, and he hasn't shown enough to suggest he deserves an upgrade.

Taylor is leaving the Raiders because they can't offer him a significant upgrade on his current deal.

We wouldn't be able to get him for a bargain price like we got Benji, and he hasn't shown enough to suggest he deserves an upgrade.

Exactly, Benji came because he was looking to remain in the NRL and there weren't any other clubs interested. Bennett snagged him at a price the club couldn't refuse. Taylor is willing to accept a deal at a club that is trying to breakthrough to the super league because of money on offer rather then remain at the Raiders on a basic deal. Easy money which shown in his history is happy to accept compared to basic money at the Broncos? Can't see it happening.

Exactly, Benji came because he was looking to remain in the NRL and there weren't any other clubs interested. Bennett snagged him at a price the club couldn't refuse. Taylor is willing to accept a deal at a club that is trying to breakthrough to the super league because of money on offer rather then remain at the Raiders on a basic deal. Easy money which shown in his history is happy to accept compared to basic money at the Broncos? Can't see it happening.

I can't even see Bennett going for him if he was still cheap.

As Bennett once said, "He'll do your head in."

We should have gone really hard after Napa he would have the mongrel we need

There will never be a Taylor playing for the broncos in the foreseeable future.

All good points but I'd disagree that he hasn't shown a renewed commitment. He has been quite good of late and 750 k for 3 years would be comparable to a million overseas for the same period. I'd just love to have one really big strong forward playing for us and a different Dave Taylor, matured and fighting for redemption or at least finally trying to be the beast we all know or imagine he could have been. I'm a dreamer at heart I guess.

All good points but I'd disagree that he hasn't shown a renewed commitment. He has been quite good of late and 750 k for 3 years would be comparable to a million overseas for the same period. I'd just love to have one really big strong forward playing for us and a different Dave Taylor, matured and fighting for redemption or at least finally trying to be the beast we all know or imagine he could have been. I'm a dreamer at heart I guess.

Yeah, I was wondering before if Bennett could turn him around. I'd doubt he'd be any worse than Sims, at least.

I don't see the Broncos in a position to offer him 750k for 3 years when they have been spending big to retain many key and upcoming players, still looking to re-sign others as well and have signed Bird. Not to mention are struggling to find room for an upgrade for Marshall. Then you got a TON of players off contract next season as well who IMO are more critical to retain then signing Taylor.

Coach Wayne Bennett hopes Benji Marshall will stay at Broncos despite salary hit
2ec33d0283a00ae75fe936ac462e16f4

WAYNE Bennett has appealed for Benji Marshall not to quit the Broncos as the imminent $1 million retention of Jordan Kahu threatens to force the playmaker out of Red Hill.
The Broncos are running out of salary-cap space to accommodate Marshall, with Kahu to become the 10th top-liner to commit to Brisbane when he formally signs a multi-year deal this week.
The Broncos cannot increase Marshall’s $100,000 salary for next season, prompting the 32-year-old to weigh up other options.
Marshall’s manager Mario Tartak is overseas and a career swan song in the UK Super League is a possibility.
53241472104b03776cd033cfaca9e3f1

The Broncos cannot increase Benji Marshall’s $100,000 salary for next season. Picture: AAP
But Bennett has been so impressed with Marshall’s attitude and popularity at the Broncos that he urged the classy playmaker to stay on and continue his mentoring role with Anthony Milford.
“I’m really hoping Benji will stay,” Bennett said.
“There is room for Benji but we just can’t pay him what he is worth on the market. We have to put our money into places with our younger players and we can’t afford to lose them. We couldn’t afford to lose Kodi (Nikorima), Jordan (Kahu) and Anthony Milford.
“We have just about signed all the guys that we need ... it remains to be seen what Benji will do.”
While Marshall’s future is uncertain, Brisbane chief executive Paul White confirmed Kahu is staying a Bronco. “We are close to making an announcement with Jordan,” he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/6e83009456f2344dda2f505acd73c0f3

Well how about we give him a bit more incentive by letting him be starting half for a change. He's coming off the bench to fix hunts **** ups.
He knows he won't be the starting half next year, so no point...

Besides you don't select guys just to keep them, especially guys on 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• cento
  • Jedhead
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • scobie
  • The True King
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.