Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, has anyone heard if we're having a crack at Napa?

So, has anyone heard if we're having a crack at Napa?

Roosters aren't getting rid of him and Napa isn't talking to anyone. He doesn't want to yet.

Plus Napa had that game a couple of years ago where he was amazing and then...not much (yes I know he has played and won origin and played very well in doing so but I'm talking club level. Let's hope TPJ doesn't go the same way. I don't think he will though, just seems to have too good a work ethic and hunger for that to happen.

I'd swap him for Sims in a heartbeat.

I'd swap him for Sims in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't, assuming we're also swapping their contracts, which is the only feasible way that would occur, Sims is on something like $150k-$200k, Napa is on $700k. We'd probably have to lose 2-3 other first grade players as well to make it work.

I wouldn't, assuming we're also swapping their contracts, which is the only feasible way that would occur, Sims is on something like $150k-$200k, Napa is on $700k. We'd probably have to lose 2-3 other first grade players as well to make it work.
Well yeah, the swap implied we pay for him the same as Sims, and the Chooks get the "amaysing" deal of only paying 3/4 of Napa's salary + Korbin! :biggrin:

Well yeah, the swap implied we pay for him the same as Sims, and the Chooks get the "amaysing" deal of only paying 3/4 of Napa's salary + Korbin! :biggrin:

Believe me, they can afford it...

GOT HIM! THE DAY BENJI BURNED BENNETT
by Christian Nicolussi
BENJI Marshall would love to humiliate Wayne Bennett and his Broncos on Friday night _ but it would be nothing compared to the torture he put the super coach through one Melbourne Cup.
As the Tigers chase three straight wins to start the year, Marshall spoke about his admiration for former coach Bennett, and how they bonded during the 2008 World Cup.
“We formed a good bond there, and what we realised was he was the opposite to what everyone made him out to be, and I was the opposite to what he thought I was,’’ Marshall said.
“We had a Melbourne Cup party (in Newcastle), we had to pull someone’s name out of the hat and then (tell them) what to dress in. I set it up so I pulled Wayne’s name out.
“I dressed him up in a leopard-skin mini-skirt, high socks, high heels, crop top, boob tube, and make-up. And he did it. But honestly, he looked terrible.’’
Imagine the story Kent could have made up with that photo.

Not a rumour or anything but would Blake austin be a nice signing for us for next year? Recently dropped and out of favour, great utility value and back up half if he comes cheap due to his dropping

Nek minnit: nrl 360 "the broncos are going to pay $1.5 million for Blake Austin a reliable source has informed us"

Not a rumour or anything but would Blake austin be a nice signing for us for next year? Recently dropped and out of favour, great utility value and back up half if he comes cheap due to his dropping

Nek minnit: nrl 360 "the broncos are going to pay $1.5 million for Blake Austin a reliable source has informed us"

Pass on Austin.

Inconsistent, overrated, couldn't close out a game to save his life. Well, consistently anyway. He'll come up with a fluke every now and then.

We have a good half in our ranks by the name of Troy Dargan.

Pass on Austin.

Inconsistent, overrated, couldn't close out a game to save his life. Well, consistently anyway. He'll come up with a fluke every now and then.

We have a good half in our ranks by the name of Troy Dargan.
Good reasons. Not particularly keen on him or anything, just interested to see if anyone sees it as a viable option as a back up half now he's on the outer. I'd take him on the cheap, an nrl experienced back up half is always handy when it's such a touch and go in regards to rookies succeeding/failing in once off games

Nope! Is a worse version of anyone we already have.

Should try snag Jake Clifford from the Cows.

He's really grown into the role of playing against men and is outdoing Carney. Only three games in but I watched him today against the Blackhawks and he was a big difference.

Leading the comp in points and scoring tries running the ball. I have been impressed in a club under siege really and he takes on the line, backs up and then in torrential rain scores the winner.

He's going well.

He's really grown into the role of playing against men and is outdoing Carney. Only three games in but I watched him today against the Blackhawks and he was a big difference.

Leading the comp in points and scoring tries running the ball. I have been impressed in a club under siege really and he takes on the line, backs up and then in torrential rain scores the winner.

He's going well.

Yeah and he'll fill out and have some decent size. Cows have Martin and Morgan in the halves ahead of him and unless Morgan goes back to fullback he might look for a first grade spot somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Behold
  • phoenix
  • kiwibronco
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Battler
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.