Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chances would we have of signing Brimson?

Apparently still without a contract for next year..

Titans are signing outside halves (Roberts, Jacks) and still haven't signed their own.

He's a fullback though

Broncos should sign up Jack Hastings. Switch Macca to lock or ship him out.

Brimson wouldn't be a bad signing and there is often 1 or 2 other players who come onto the market during the off season who would be useful to us but before we get to far with drawing up wish lists does anyone know how much Salary cap space we actually have?

An estimate to the nearest 50k would be good to know.

Brimson will be a better player than Taylor. The Titans are dumber than I thought (hard to believe) if they let him go, but I don't see how they have much cap space left after their recent shopping spree.

EDIT: If Oates is wanting 700k+, or any insane salary that's holding us to ransom, I'd take Brimson on less money at FB, play Boyd on the wing/ centre, and pocket the extra cash for retaining our up and coming halves when the time comes. Brimson will easily be a one million dollar player in a year or two if he's fit, easily.

Last edited:
Brimson wouldn't be a bad signing and there is often 1 or 2 other players who come onto the market during the off season who would be useful to us but before we get to far with drawing up wish lists does anyone know how much Salary cap space we actually have?

An estimate to the nearest 50k would be good to know.

Thought brimson re signed at the start of the year ??

I think Brimson is a quality player but I really think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves. At some point people need to realise that taking half a season of form and extrapolating out a career rarely works out. It’s how we end up with guys like Elgey being hailed as the QLD halfback for the next decade.

I think Brimson is a quality player but I really think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves. At some point people need to realise that taking half a season of form and extrapolating out a career rarely works out. It’s how we end up with guys like Elgey being hailed as the QLD halfback for the next decade.
Thats the most common-sense comment I have ever seen on BHQ...

Thats the most common-sense comment I have ever seen on BHQ...

Are you guys suggesting we ignore all potential and just pay overs for players that have already peaked in their careers?

That philosophy is close to the Roosters.

The other philosophy belongs to the storm, they pretty much only buy based on potential, not current form.

Canterbury would have been the better example. Possibly Cronulla too, but they've made it work for them.

The Roosters have constantly targeted the best up and coming players in the competition. That's how they brought Boyd Cordner (Newcastle), Latrell Mitchell (Newcastle), Jared Warea-Hargreaves (Manly), Sio Siua Taukeiaho (Warriors), Daniel Tupou (Parramatta), Ryan Matterson (Parramatta), Zane Tetevano (Newcastle), Lindsay Collins (Brisbane), Nat Butcher (South Sydney) & Sean O'Sullivan (Penrith) to the club. The few big buys they made like James Tedesco, Luke Keary & Blake Ferguson were brought into the club with the idea that their best football was infront of them. The only significant buy they made this year where it was all about the present was Cooper Cronk, and looked how that worked out for them.

Regardless, the Titans won't be letting Brimson go.

I think Elgey could have turned out a lot better if it wasn't for that ACL, which seems to apply to a lot of player. Ruined a whole year of his development, and he never seemed to recover.

Are you guys suggesting we ignore all potential and just pay overs for players that have already peaked in their careers?

The other philosophy belongs to the storm, they pretty much only buy based on potential, not current form.

And do what, pay overs for every young player with potential who may never live up to it? There has to be a balance, and i really think too many on here judge players based on hype and want them in the side based on that rather than actually watching them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.