Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom and Jake Trbojevic are off contract at the end of next year. Flick TPJ, Macca, and Boyd...even Bird if need be, and that’s our pack and backline leader an ex-factor sorted.

1. T Trbojevic
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Isaako/Kenner
6. Milfors
7. Deardon
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Gillett
17. Flegler

They’re lifelong Manly boys. No chance they’ll leave. But I’d love to see Manly collapse and their fans’ heads explode at the notion of the Effort Face Brothers coming to the Broncos, of all teams.

They’re lifelong Manly boys. No chance they’ll leave. But I’d love to see Manly collapse and their fans’ heads explode at the notion of the Effort Face Brothers coming to the Broncos, of all teams.

Probably not but same could’ve been said if Pearce, Benji, Moose, Cronk, Reynolds, Klrmmer etc.

Hearing rumours Broncos reps are on the coast about to sign this bloke up. Apparently the strategy will be to have him cover defending about ten metres behind the fullback.

Our depth at this club is fairly ordinary. We just dont really have, or we arent using, players who are just solid, NRL performers who will just do the job. I'd like to see us rectify it. Having all these younger guys playing every week is turning out just as i feared with them.

Last edited:
Our depth at this club is fairly ordinary. We just dont really have, or we arent using, players who are just solid, NRL performers who will just do the job. I'd like to see us rectify it. Having all these younger guys playing every week is turning out just as i feared with them.

Yeah, agreed. I dunno how good Fensom is anymore, but he used to be called Defensom for a reason, it might be good to have him out there to help the hopeless guys in the middle.

Yeah, agreed. I dunno how good Fensom is anymore, but he used to be called Defensom for a reason, it might be good to have him out there to help the hopeless guys in the middle.

Mago, tagatese, Fensom, Fai from what I’ve seen are going as well as the magpies are on the ladder

We need somebody, i think we will burn out these younger forwards especially.
Now that Sam has hung the boots up all we have is Gillo and Lexy as experience out there. We need an old head like the pommie Graham to show the young guys how to stick at it when the going gets tough.

Before we had a culture where one young buck came in and learned at the feet of a hardened and experienced pack of forwards. At present the young guys don't have that experience to learn from and the problem is instead of one or two coming through we have five or six all at once.

If we're not careful we could end up with a culture that sees the boy fold at the least sign of adversity. It's already becoming a trend when we travel to away from home.

Man of Steel leaderboard
  1. Blake Austin (24 pts)
  2. David Fifita (18 pts)
  3. Liam Watts (17 pts)
  4. Lachlan Coote (16 pts)
  5. Jackson Hastings (15 pts)
Literally just be Australian and you'll kill it.
Imagine if we signed david fifita. Talk about a commentators curse :P

I thought he already did.

He re-signed on a one year deal and then earlier in the year came out and said that it's a guarantee that he will re-sign with the Broncos on a multi year deal.

Not much else was reported after that aside from the odd Broncos are in negotiations etc.

Sua to Souths apparently. Hope not. Normally you win a premiership and then have to shed players so you can afford to keep the important ones. We are being picked apart to upgrade guys who haven’t done anything yet. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Sua to Souths apparently. Hope not. Normally you win a premiership and then have to shed players so you can afford to keep the important ones. We are being picked apart to upgrade guys who haven’t done anything yet. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Broncos at panic stations. If another NRL club starts in Brisbane I really think the Broncos could be in for some dark days.

Broncos at panic stations. If another NRL club starts in Brisbane I really think the Broncos could be in for some dark days.
Let’s hope Bryan fletcher is wrong again otherwise our depth will be tested.

The other forwards we have are more talented and offer more.

I don't think Su'A is going to be much of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.