Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not on monster dollars either, it's not like letting Glenn go and keeping Su'a will improve our cap position.

Unlikely Glenn will go around in 2021. Who covers for Gillo or Fifi?

This reality is only 18 months away.

Unlikely Glenn will go around in 2021. Who covers for Gillo or Fifi?

This reality is only 18 months away.
Bullemore and riki are supposedly great young prospects, with jamil hopoate player of the year last year in the premiership winning redcliffe side. Pangai can also play (but not defend) at 2nd row, and Staggs too. We are hardly going to struggle to cover them, and from all accounts Bullemore has or soon will overtake sua..

Also, I think Glenn will go on in 2021. His dedication to training has seen him get better with age, he's not slowing down at all. Sua should have learned a thing or 2 off of him (when things don't go your way, fight back and prove them wrong, he was given every opportunity too do so)

Last edited:
Bullemore and riki are supposedly great young prospects, with jamil hopoate player of the year last year in the premiership winning redcliffe side. Pangai can also play (but not defend) at 2nd row, and Staggs too. We are hardly going to struggle to cover them, and from all accounts Bullemore has or soon will overtake sua..

Also, I think Glenn will go on in 2021. His dedication to training has seen him get better with age, he's not slowing down at all. Sua should have learned a thing or 2 off of him (when things don't go your way, fight back and prove them wrong, he was given every opportunity too do so)

Oates and Bird also capable of filling a backrow spot. Not sure why we forced out Su'a and not Bird? :eyetwitch:

NRL's Seibold says Lodge to stay, Su'A out

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says he will re-sign in-demand prop Matt Lodge and confirmed forward Jaydn Su'A is bound for NRL rivals South Sydney.
UPDATEDUPDATED 54 MINS AGO
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says the NRL club are set to announce player re-signings in the coming days, and in-demand prop Matt Lodge will be among them.
But the Brisbane mentor has confirmed back-rower Jaydn Su'A is bound for the Wayne Bennett-coached South Sydney.
"We won't lose a player we want to keep," Seibold said.

Source SBS.

Interesting. How does SBS provide more news on the broncos than NRL.COM or the broncos site ?

“You can’t name the signing of another player or a re-signing until you are salary cap compliant in the following year,” Seibold said.

“There are some imminent signings that we believe will happen over the next few days, that are good signings.

“But we can’t get the contract registered until we are cap compliant going forward - that’s the rules.

“It’s not fantasy footy but we won’t lose a player we want to keep.”

Asked if he wanted to keep Lodge, Seibold said: “Yeah, of course - we won’t lose a player we want to keep.”

Seibold also defended the changes to his Broncos roster since arriving at Red Hill, claiming the NRL club was not salary cap compliant when he took over from Bennett.

Brisbane have lost Test lock Josh McGuire, Kiwi internationals Jordan Kahu and Kodi Nikorima and former NSW centre James Roberts in a changing of the guard that began in the pre-season.

“The reality of it is that when I took over the group the club was over the salary cap leading into March 1,” Seibold said.

“In previous seasons a club had until March 1 to get under the salary cap to be compliant.

“Some decisions in the pre-season were about getting under the salary cap.”

Interesting...

It kind of suggests that coaches do have something to do with the managing of a salary cap...

He was given no opportunity to do so. But im not commenting on any of your one eyed views on Sua anymore. We will let the young man do the talking in the red and green

The reality of it is that when I took over the group the club was over the salary cap leading into March 1,” Seibold said.

Would like to know Bennett’s take on that claim.

He was given no opportunity to do so. But im not commenting on any of your one eyed views on Sua anymore. We will let the young man do the talking in the red and green
"You're one eyed because I'm right and you're wrong and you can't see it" (along with most people)
BroncosHQ is always good for a laugh...
Facts: played 9 games this season, fact: got dropped, twice. Fact: was not MOM in any qld cup game, fact: did not produce many, if any (?) line breaks in the qld cup, fact: qld cup is the reserve grade competition of the nrl, fact: played 2nd row for the broncos at stages this year, fact: sua inured himself LAST YEAR... Now let's hear your FACTS, not subjective one eyed crap you're saying whilst accusing me of being one eyed. He is talented a talent and may become a very very good player, but those FACTS (OBJECTIVE/REALITY) points I noted above mean we can gamble on losing him with the players we have coming through and the salary cap mess we have been left with (similar to Newcastle and the dragons, but hey, in sure that's just a coincidence everyone). Learn what one-eyed means before calling someone else it...

The reality of it is that when I took over the group the club was over the salary cap leading into March 1,” Seibold said.

Would like to know Bennett’s take on that claim.
Perhaps ask the club? Surely they'd know best as they handle the money side of things. It certainly wasn't WBs job, he was coach and didn't work in HR. Best call the HR department I reckon.

"You're one eyed because I'm right and you're wrong and you can't see it" (along with most people)
BroncosHQ is always good for a laugh...
Facts: played 9 games this season, fact: got dropped, twice. Fact: was not MOM in any qld cup game, fact: did not produce many, if any (?) line breaks in the qld cup, fact: qld cup is the reserve grade competition of the nrl, fact: played 2nd row for the broncos at stages this year, fact: sua inured himself LAST YEAR... Now let's hear your FACTS, not subjective one eyed crap you're saying whilst accusing me of being one eyed. He is talented a talent and may become a very very good player, but those FACTS (OBJECTIVE/REALITY) points I noted above mean we can gamble on losing him with the players we have coming through and the salary cap mess we have been left with (similar to Newcastle and the dragons, but hey, in sure that's just a coincidence everyone). Learn what one-eyed means before calling someone else it...
Talk about one eyed!!!! Open both eyes before answering this. Exactly what issue did St George face FINANCIALLY? Also, Newcastle's financial situation was down to Tinkler defaulting so we know why that happened. Co incidence no, facts as you're so fond of saying.

Perhaps ask the club? Surely they'd know best as they handle the money side of things. It certainly wasn't WBs job, he was coach and didn't work in HR. Best call the HR department I reckon.

I doubt they’d tell me.
If it was up to the HR dept to handle this then according to siebs it looks like they dropped the ball.

Talk about one eyed!!!! Open both eyes before answering this. Exactly what issue did St George face FINANCIALLY? Also, Newcastle's financial situation was down to Tinkler defaulting so we know why that happened. Co incidence no, facts as you're so fond of saying.
Huge! I have missed you mate, you went missing after origin 2. Just wondering, how did jarrod Wallace go? I'm sure he proved me wrong, I mean after all, you provide the only non-bias opinion on here.
Coincidence I'm sure that Newcastle found themselves under cap pressure the same as we currently do. I'm sure bennett had nothing to do with signing boyd and mccullough to long term deals, I mean why would the ceo ask the coach about players! Ludicrous... The dragons lost boyd (then a very good rep player who was a Clive Churchill medal winner in a year earlier) and gasnier and recruited players like..... Um... Chase Stanley.... Seems like a team with plenty of room in the cap right? Here's one of the articles talking about their salary cap position 1 year later, after letting go/retired 2 current Australian reps and making those massive signings such as chase Stanley, Jeremy latimore... Objective... Learn it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.