Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you only getting at Bennett? At least if you are going to have a pop at him be fair about it and accurate about what his role would be. As has been stated many, many times before, our salary cap isnt managed by the coach. The coach has an input, but he isnt responsible for it. Louise Lanigan is charge of the cap, recruitment involves White, Lockyer, the coach and Nolan iirc. Lanigan is the one who controls if we say yes or no financially i believe.
Because as Wayne said in all his interviews "All theses players are here because of me". So yeah. That's why.

Not sure how you can claim it's not working ! That's a lot like turning up in your car at your mechanics workshop claiming the cars broken down and inoperable!

What you mean I believe is that you don't like the current system and even though you're only peripherally involved(tenuous at best) you want it changed!

...yeh...i contend there has to be a better way forward for clubs that the current system.

just putting my 2 cents out there...

I have no idea about how the cap works but if it is even remotely like how the last half dozen or so posters have written it’s no wonder some clubs get into difficulties with it.

Ultimately, Wayne's involvement or ownership of the cap is always going to come down to how we are performing for those that never wanted him moved on.

If we were in the top 4 with no or minimal changes to the team the storyline would be about the amazing position Wayne left us in with this squad and how well he has managed the cap. Vice versa, when we are in our current position outside the 8 with mass changes forced to our cap issues the storyline is "Wayne has nothing to do with contracts, this is all Louise's fault".
Also known as the shifting goal post defence.

I'd say, at a casual Monday morning glance, most of this back and forth about Bennett wouldn't be happening if we were doing well. There's a few here who hate Bennett with an absolute passion but for most it seems to be a coping mechanism - sure we're doing shit now but as long as the malaise can be chalked up to ol' Skinny that means blue skies are just around the corner.
TBH, the whole WB discussion is getting a bit tiresome, because he is no longer of any relevance to our club. Discussing what may have occurred if he had stayed this year etc etc is just like rocking in a rocking chair, gets you no where.

Wonder what the roosters plan is with Sam walker after signing Kyle Flanagan.
[automerge]1563791290[/automerge]
Predictive text fml

Last edited:
Wonder what the roosters plan is with Sam walker after signing Kyle Flanagan.
[automerge]1563791290[/automerge]
Predictive text fml
They have brock and lachlan lam , stock piling again.

I have been away for a few days and just catching up. The shit that has been thrown at Gillette in this thread is disgraceful. He has come back from a serious injury and is building back to some good form and has the experience we obviously need if we want consistent performance. The rush to throw him out is disgusting. He earns every cent he is paid.

I have a feeling that Wayne/Broncos put the older lads on longer contracts with a plan on a slower blooding of players.

From memory last year we had a fair amount of injury in the middle and with bird also and ended up blooding a few early. This inflated their asking price and also showed how good they could be. We have had the same this year but with our backs.

I think this is a possible ignition factor in the moving Wayne on saga. The Broncos board thought the youth is now and Wayne didn't. Siebs has a masters in education and was identified as somebody who could work with these young players.

Also it makes sense Seibs has looked like a guy who has come in and brought the youth forward. Its now up to club to convince these players to take smaller contracts in order to stay together and nab a premiership. It will come down to personalities and club culture if we can keep them. If Turbs and Fifi are signed then i will rest easier.

I have been away for a few days and just catching up. The shit that has been thrown at Gillette in this thread is disgraceful. He has come back from a serious injury and is building back to some good form and has the experience we obviously need if we want consistent performance. The rush to throw him out is disgusting. He earns every cent he is paid.
I don't think anyone has said to throw him out. There have been criticisms of his contract length. If his neck never comes good we have been ripped off.

Just heard something amusing on Controversy Corner. They were discussing the Titans and how they can fix the club, etc.

Geoff Toovey then pipes up and says "I read the other week that they lost another one of their juniors to the Broncos, how do they stand a chance?"

I had a good chuckle at that, we take Jesse Arthars and it's "oh the poor Titans can't even keep their own", yet when the Titans poach 5 of our juniors every year there's not a peep from the Rugby League media.

Just heard something amusing on Controversy Corner. They were discussing the Titans and how they can fix the club, etc.

Geoff Toovey then pipes up and says "I read the other week that they lost another one of their juniors to the Broncos, how do they stand a chance?"

I had a good chuckle at that, we take Jesse Arthars and it's "oh the poor Titans can't even keep their own", yet when the Titans poach 5 of our juniors every year there's not a peep from the Rugby League media.

Exactly! Titans wouldn’t field a side without the broncos.

Jesse Arthars isn’t even a titans junior he came up through the storm system

I thought the same when Mal was carrying on the other day about how we stole Haas and Fifi and Dearden. Too many head knocks for some of these outspoken ex players. They just dribble shit non stop and the media just nod and agree.

Warriors seem to be going pretty hard on the Turps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.