Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saying, but Aiden Sezer still unsigned by Raiders.....

Plays half and 5/8th....

Just saying...
Been thinking it for a while. We would be crazy to at least not inquire considering he is unwanted by Canberra. He would also be a good mentor to the young halves, I'm sure he would be able to steer this forward pack around nicely also.

Been thinking it for a while. We would be crazy to at least not inquire considering he is unwanted by Canberra. He would also be a good mentor to the young halves, I'm sure he would be able to steer this forward pack around nicely also.

he has one extremely redeeming feature about him as far as we are concerned....

He is available....

virtually no-one else who will be FA end of season fits the bill like him. I just going top trust that preliminary discussion with his agent have already begun....simple stupidity on our behalf if we haven't...?

Honestly, how could he NOT help our 30 man roster..??

Would he want to come here as a backup or short term standin half? He could get paid more to be top dog in England.

He was good on the weekend but I don’t know if people on here have been following him over the last few seasons. He isnt a great organiser. Hodgson runs that team. There’s a reason raiders aren’t rushing to re- sign him and why Wighton and a dud like Sam Williams often get the call up before him.

Of course it wouldn’t hurt as we have no halves playing at all this weekend but he isn’t offering much over SoS or Dearden other than experience.

Edit: actually raiders reminds me a lot of our current team. No halves to speak of and solely relying on big freakish skilled athletes to create something out of nothing. The only difference is they have a gun in Hodgson steering the ship.

Last edited:
He was good on the weekend but I don’t know if people on here have been following him over the last few seasons. He isnt a great organiser. Hodgson runs that team. There’s a reason raiders aren’t rushing to re- sign him and why Wighton and a dud like Sam Williams often get the call up before him.

Of course it wouldn’t hurt as we have no halves playing at all this weekend but he isn’t offering much over SoS or Dearden other than experience.
has a dece long kicking game too, that was the first thing that came to mind.

Edit: actually raiders reminds me a lot of our current team. No halves to speak of and solely relying on big freakish skilled athletes to create something out of nothing. The only difference is they have a gun in Hodgson steering the ship.
I like the compariso, only I think there are really two major differences. They have a top shelf playmaking Dummy Half and also a Fullback who is a constant threat with the ball in hand. Hodgson on his day is one of the best in the game (fitness issues aside) and CNK is one of the best value players in the comp. His form this year reminds me a lot of a young Karmichael Hunt.

They've spent virtually no money on their Halves and yet they're a genuine Premiership shot this season. They seem to have understood better than anyone just how important nailing the Dummy Half and Fullback positions are in the modern game with less and less emphasis on having brilliant Halves than ever before.

Last edited:
I like the compariso, only I think there are really two major differences. They have a top shelf playmaking Dummy Half and also a Fullback who is a constant threat with the ball in hand. Hodgson on his day is one of the best in the game (fitness issues aside) and CNK is one of the best value players in the comp. His form this year reminds me a lot of a young Karmichael Hunt.

They've spent virtually no money on their Halves and yet they're a genuine Premiership shot this season. They seem to have understood better than anyone just how important nailing the Dummy Half and Fullback positions are in the modern game with less and less emphasis on having brilliant Halves than ever before.

Yeah but there are like literally three maybe four absolute elite hookers in the world and two of them are retiring this week or play for Melbourne.

Yeah but there are like literally three maybe four absolute elite hookers in the world and two of them are retiring this week or play for Melbourne.
I understand this. I wasn't blaming us for not having one of them. I was just pointing out that Canberra were ahead of the trend.

Has Melbourne half Brodie Croft been mentioned? He’s apparently no longer Bellamy’s favourite choice and Bellamy has to deal with Croft and other two fullbacks fighting for two positions.

So if Melbourne don’t want Croft as starters, can’t we go after him? I think he’s better than SOS and Dearden at this stage.

Croft for the Storm is about as useless as Cronk was in last year's grand final. Just a dude they can suit up in the #7 jersey to get them by.

We have to get rid of Boyd and Macca before we can solve any of our current problems. Croft is no better than Dearden and SOS. If we can boot macca, the money will be better spent on Seggy.

Field outstanding again today for Dragons and in to the Prelim. I’ve said for a few years I’d take him. I can’t figure out or find out why Dragons don’t want him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.