Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinkwater is one of those players that looks like he could be a gun, but he never will be.

I don't get the fuss over him. There wasn't anything in his performances in first grade that would warrant why people rate him so highly.

He's always going to be one of those players that will have a pretty decent career, but nothing more.

We'll be wasting money we don't have signing him.

Roosters don't seem to have many problems with TPAs and whatnot, and Ponga playing for the Knights gets both Johns brothers fellating him at every opportunity. He's got a contract on Fox too, reckon he'd keep it when he went from playing for the main fox league guy's former team to the team every prick south of the border hates?

depends on if this TPA is being included under the Knights cap ...

if it's not then he can't lose it (although once his deal expires, they wouldn't have to renew it)

I wouldnt want Ponga at the club - comes across as a huge ego waiting to be cut down.
If you've seen any media he's done where he's around his family etc, you'd pretty quickly see that's not the case.

I suspect if he was already a Bronco, your perception of his ego would be wildly different.

If you've seen any media he's done where he's around his family etc, you'd pretty quickly see that's not the case.

I suspect if he was already a Bronco, your perception of his ego would be wildly different.
I think Ponga would be the lowest risk high profile target we could go for.

He's proven to be an elite player already and fills a spot we desperately need. He's also young and from Brisbane.

The only concern I would have with him is he seems a bit flighty and has chopped and changed from club to club a bit already, and the potential lure of the All Blacks sits in the background... but if we were to let Milf and Bird walk and pick up Ponga I think that could form a pretty strong nucleus for a premiership window

Potential team in 2022
1. Ponga
2. Herbie
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako / Oates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ / Oates
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Utility
15. Offa
16. TPJ / Oates
17. Flegler

18. Bullemor
19. Niu

Last edited:
Drinkwater is one of those players that looks like he could be a gun, but he never will be.

I don't get the fuss over him. There wasn't anything in his performances in first grade that would warrant why people rate him so highly.

He's always going to be one of those players that will have a pretty decent career, but nothing more.

We'll be wasting money we don't have signing him.
I just cannot understand why you speak in absolutes. You declare things leaving no room whatsoever, you just cannot allow you may be wrong.

I thought she thoroughly deserved it. Great across the premiership and the rep rounds.
Not a chance, pilley was a much better centre across the board and it was a travesty she missed Jillaroo selection and Brigganshaw was 110% head and shoulders above everyone and should have taken out both awards. A couple of intercepts and a strip shouldn’t see you sweep the big awards.

Not a chance, pilley was a much better centre across the board and it was a travesty she missed Jillaroo selection and Brigganshaw was 110% head and shoulders above everyone and should have taken out both awards. A couple of intercepts and a strip shouldn’t see you sweep the big awards.
Brigginshaw - any other option was just wrong.

It's a pity their season isn't longer as there would be a larger sample size.

No that would not be the case. I have also seen some of them.

Pilley was great in attack when she ran straight and great in defense when her opponent did the same. But her defensive positioning and lateral movement needs work if you're going to throw her out at as one of the best centres in the game, as does her passing game. Frankly I think she'd make a better edge backrower next year if the balance of the rest of the side allows for it.

I rate Walsh highly.

What do others think of him?
Only seen highlights, which is hard to get a more informed decision, but walsh looks like lightning out of dummy half. I know he plays fullback but i think he could have potential to be a "cook like" dummy half.

He could do massive damage scooting out from the ruck and also supporting our big forwards. Ball play suggests his service would be good too.

You weren't a fan of Wendell, or Alfie, or Hodgo either I take it then. Fair enough.

Get off your soap box mate and don't assuming nor "put words in my mouth" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.