Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badel must have a huge ass hole to fit all these stories

Just cancelled my courier mail subscription. I also let them know I am a Brisbane Broncos fan and I said there will be many more cancelling if the current standards of journalism continues..

I hope others also do this. Enough is enough. The standard is pathetic...

THIS is what needs to happen if we all actually want media to change. Stop paying for it, stop watching it, stop reading it, stop commenting on it and surprise, surprise, it will also stop.

But let's see how many of these make it into the media:

1. Grant wants to come home but Broncos can't afford him. He has ties to the Titans and they are in the box seat.
2. Coates is being chased by most clubs EXCEPT the Warriors because he wants to stay in Aus, Storm are in the boxseat because Vunivalu is leaving.
3. Farnworth wants to stay at Brisbane but because the Roosters play in the British national team colours, he is happy to go there on a base deal.
4. Dearden is the most sought after young half in the game, he is mystified that Milf and Croft were chosen ahead of him and he wants to go train under Robinson, has no confidence in Seibs.
5. Niu has verbally agreed to join the Titans because this one time at band camp, he met Meninga's cousin.
6. Macca is coming back to Brisbane because they need stability.
7. TPJ wants out so he can go to Newcastle and win a premiership for his hometown.
8. Bird wants to leave but no one will pay the $2 million he is on for next season.
9. Milford is looking at re-signing on an upgraded deal.
10. Staggs wants out so he can join the promising dynasty at the Titans.
11. The Titans have made a huge offer to Fifita but he is going to Souths because he misses Bennett.
12. No big name players linked to the Broncos due to salary cap issues.
13. Boyd's retirement will still include his $900k salary for next year.
14. Riki has been offered a huge deal from the Bulldogs and will accept.
15. The Broncs are scared they will lose all their players and will offer Oates a 10-year deal worth around $900k a season.
16. C.Smith wants to play at the Broncs but Broncs can't afford his $5 million dollar salary request.
17. Joffa will be made captain.
18. Lodge has agreed to a four-year deal from Penrith.
19. Walsh will go to the Roosters next month as he sees no pathway at Brisbane.
20. Carrigan is heading north to join the Cowboys as soon as next week.

I have zero qualifications in journalism but I just showed I can do just as good (bad) as they can.

THIS is what needs to happen if we all actually want media to change. Stop paying for it, stop watching it, stop reading it, stop commenting on it and surprise, surprise, it will also stop.

But let's see how many of these make it into the media:

1. Grant wants to come home but Broncos can't afford him. He has ties to the Titans and they are in the box seat.
2. Coates is being chased by most clubs EXCEPT the Warriors because he wants to stay in Aus, Storm are in the boxseat because Vunivalu is leaving.
3. Farnworth wants to stay at Brisbane but because the Roosters play in the British national team colours, he is happy to go there on a base deal.
4. Dearden is the most sought after young half in the game, he is mystified that Milf and Croft were chosen ahead of him and he wants to go train under Robinson, has no confidence in Seibs.
5. Niu has verbally agreed to join the Titans because this one time at band camp, he met Meninga's cousin.
6. Macca is coming back to Brisbane because they need stability.
7. TPJ wants out so he can go to Newcastle and win a premiership for his hometown.
8. Bird wants to leave but no one will pay the $2 million he is on for next season.
9. Milford is looking at re-signing on an upgraded deal.
10. Staggs wants out so he can join the promising dynasty at the Titans.
11. The Titans have made a huge offer to Fifita but he is going to Souths because he misses Bennett.
12. No big name players linked to the Broncos due to salary cap issues.
13. Boyd's retirement will still include his $900k salary for next year.
14. Riki has been offered a huge deal from the Bulldogs and will accept.
15. The Broncs are scared they will lose all their players and will offer Oates a 10-year deal worth around $900k a season.
16. C.Smith wants to play at the Broncs but Broncs can't afford his $5 million dollar salary request.
17. Joffa will be made captain.
18. Lodge has agreed to a four-year deal from Penrith.
19. Walsh will go to the Roosters next month as he sees no pathway at Brisbane.
20. Carrigan is heading north to join the Cowboys as soon as next week.

I have zero qualifications in journalism but I just showed I can do just as good (bad) as they can.

Hahaha, if you add 4 more, you can literally make a bingo board and we can see if we get actually get a full line. I'd say it would be an even 50/50.

And just to let everyone know, just checked and the Brisbane times online subscription is nearly half the price ($3.50 vs $6 per week). Ill let everyone know how it goes in a few weeks. Seems there isnt as much rugby league content but appears to generally set a better standard, definitely more positive rugby league stories from what I've seen. Appear less biased too but channel 9 linked so will wait to confirm that...

guess who the Titans are chasing now according to the highly credible Peter Badel ...

Xavier Coates

apparently Meninga believes Coates links with the Titans can lure him there ... he doesn't specify what those links are however

Badel also reckons there are 7 other clubs interested in him, including the Storm

He went to school there and played for Tweed in MM and ISC. There is a pretty strong link there- that actually makes sense for the Titans.
[automerge]1593206253[/automerge]
Reminds me of that time 1910 was vehemently denying that Fifita was from Brisbane (Because he lives in Ipswich) 😂

The king of pedantic.

You mean accurate?

If you write a link saying a player wants to return home I think it's important it's actually his home- It's pretty relevant to the story.

If Badel wrote that then it would be 15 pages of how is that a link to his home what ridiculous reporting. On this page even questioning Badel making links to Coates and the Coast- he's actually right this time.

By the way Ipswich and Brisbane are still two different cities.

Last edited:
He went to school there and played for Tweed in MM and ISC. There is a pretty strong link there- that actually makes sense for the Titans.
[automerge]1593206253[/automerge]

You mean accurate?

If you write a link saying a player wants to return home I think it's important it's actually his home- It's pretty relevant to the story.

If Badel wrote that then it would be 15 pages of how is that a link to his home what ridiculous reporting. On this page even questioning Badel making links to Coates and the Coast- he's actually right this time.

By the way Ipswich and Brisbane are still two different cities.
Who cares he's a fuckhead, and I don't care where he's from. If you have ties with him please pass it on .

Just cancelled my courier mail subscription. I also let them know I am a Brisbane Broncos fan and I said there will be many more cancelling if the current standards of journalism continues..

I hope others also do this. Enough is enough. The standard is pathetic...

While you may think this has a direct cause & effect on the said journalists you want to target it will not. These journalists will always have a job, keep in mind they are also paid by FoxSports. All you will be doing is risking the jobs of the other people who make The Courier Mail ready for print, like the editors and graphic designers who are just doing their jobs and being told what content to create.

With the many recent redundancies and job cuts that have happened within Newscorp these are the first people to go, not the journalists you want to target. I implore people this is not the way to get what you want, you are just hurting the ‘little people’ who just want a job like you and me.

While you may think this has a direct cause & effect on the said journalists you want to target it will not. These journalists will always have a job, keep in mind they are also paid by FoxSports. All you will be doing is risking the jobs of the other people who make The Courier Mail ready for print, like the editors and graphic designers who are just doing their jobs and being told what content to create.

With the many recent redundancies and job cuts that have happened within Newscorp these are the first people to go, not the journalists you want to target. I implore people this is not the way to get what you want, you are just hurting the ‘little people’ who just want a job like you and me.
What a ludicrous comment the...So I should keep paying them for an inferior product that I don't like simply because the less known/smaller employees?
Every
Single
Business
Has people that need our help at the moment, out of all the companies I should help news limited is at the very very bottom of that list. News limited has made billions and billions of dollars over the years from Australians and worldwide,if a few months of hardship makes them put a lot of staff on redundancies they have no one to blame but news limited! And are you suggesting as well that people Brisbane times are doing it easy? Or that my local coffee shop doesn't deserve that money?

I don’t get this. So you are saying that they will let go of all the editors and people that publish the content before any of the journos? So they will keep all the ones on the highest salaries that would then have no way to get there made up content to publication? Makes sense why they are going out of business.

What a ludicrous comment the...So I should keep paying them for an inferior product that I don't like simply because the less known/smaller employees?
Every
Single
Business
Has people that need our help at the moment, out of all the companies I should help news limited is at the very very bottom of that list. News limited has made billions and billions of dollars over the years from Australians and worldwide,if a few months of hardship makes them put a lot of staff on redundancies they have no one to blame but news limited! And are you suggesting as well that people Brisbane times are doing it easy? Or that my local coffee shop doesn't deserve that money?

Not what I’m saying at all. Just that your intended purpose of sticking it to the journalists is not what will happen. Feel free not to pay for it if you wish, but don’t pretend it is going to send a message to those journalists.

I don’t get this. So you are saying that they will let go of all the editors and people that publish the content before any of the journos? So they will keep all the ones on the highest salaries that would then have no way to get there made up content to publication? Makes sense why they are going out of business.

My wife works for The Courier Mail as a graphic artist. This is exactly what is happening. While some journalists have been let go, these journalists that have been referred to will be some of the last to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.