Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is smith going to stay even if cam leaves? He will be stuck behind another dummy half.

He's a running five-eighth currently contracted to the Raiders. Has his fans but I haven't seen enough to be excited about him. Just seemed like a solid player, Canberra clearly see something in him though and were willing to give him some seasoning to see how he'd handle the NRL experience. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot to judge him on.
Speaking of subloo, he's named in the 17 for raiders today

I wonder if there is any appetite from the club to go after Foran. He was favoured to go back to Manly, but I don't think that will happen now. Their young gun 5/8, Josh Schuster, has today said he will request a relief from the Sea Eagles if Foran comes in. For those that didn't see Schuster's debut a few weeks ago, he looks an absolute gun in the making. His opposite that day, Benji Marshall, rated Schuster's debut the best he had ever seen. So no way will Manly risk losing him.

I dare say we would get Foran if we throw in a reasonable offer, maybe around that $250-300,000 mark. Insert some conditions into the contract that if he plays say 18-20 games, then a second year would then be forthcoming.

He is a risk no doubt, injury-wise. But jesus we need someone in the halves to get in there and take control next year. Dearden is obviously still to tentative and green at this stage. Milford, well, the less said the better on that one.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any appetite from the club to go after Foran. He was favoured to go back to Manly, but I don't think that will happen now. Their young gun 5/8, Josh Schuster, has today said he will request a relief from the Sea Eagles if Foran comes in. For those that didn't see Schuster's debut a few weeks ago, he looks an absolute gun in the making. His opposite that day, Benji Marshall, rated Schuster's debut the best he had ever seen. So no way will Manly risk losing him.

I dare say we would get Foran if we throw in a reasonable offer, maybe around that $250-300,000 mark. Insert some conditions into the contract that if he plays say 18-20 games, then a second year would then be forthcoming.

He is a risk no doubt, injury-wise. But jesus we need someone in the halves to get in there and take control next year. Dearden is obviously still to tentative and green at this stage. Milford, well, the less said the better on that one.

they (Manly) are talking about playing Foran at hooker next season

Just on the steroid thing can I just add that they were everywhere in every club during the 80s and 90s. It was an open secret in reality. Guys would turn up for a new season 10-20 kilos heavier at every club and I don't just mean one guy at each club! I'm NOT saying everyone but plenty of enhanced bodies were to be found.

We joined in 88. I'm pretty sure there'd be older folk who may have interesting tales to tell.
Yes. Some legends of the game were on the juice.

I think the Western Reds had a trainer who had a background in training horses and questionable practices.

Think it would be a last resort to leave Sydney area because of his kid/s? With his ex I think.

According to a Fox news report this morning, we have expressed an interest in signing Young Tonumaipea from the Tits for next season.

He's been only a bit better than average (at best) in the games I've watched him play. Could be decent enough though I guess and we are lacking in that centre position a bit.
I've watched him a fair bit and he's a hot and cold type. When he's hot, he's fucking hot. I saw one game earlier this year and I was frankly amazed, such a goer. I watched him in some other games, expecting another show and wondered where the red hot guy had gone.
Definitely got talent.

But he dominated us didn’t he? Broncos recruitment being reactive again
It wasn't the Broncos game when I saw an amazing display from him. He does have an enormous game in him but hot and cold is the best way I could describe him.

We need to hurry up and sign a coach before all the players we can possibly sign get snatched up.

We need to hurry up and sign a coach before all the players we can possibly sign get snatched up.

Or even just to re-sign the kids we have coming off contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.