Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
An extra 200k each to Dearden and Haas.

Yeah, I'd happily throw them an upgrade tbh. What's the base salary though as Bird would need to be replaced?

Are there any quotes from Bird that he wants to go back to Sydney though?

I was under the impression you couldnt just hold back salary cap and wait for better players to come along.

Yeah, I'd happily throw them an upgrade tbh. What's the base salary though as Bird would need to be replaced?

Are there any quotes from Bird that he wants to go back to Sydney though?

Not sure. Something like 150k maybe...

I think we do have some cash from Boyd and Fifita leaving though.

Has he actually come out and said he wants to move back, is homesick etc? Or are we relying on the word of Buzz? It could just as easily be a case of the club wanting to move him on and are therefore willing to take care of half the contract value

so far people are relying on the word of Slothfield and guy who has been saying constantly for the last 4 years that he wants to stay/move back to Sydney

I think it'd be pretty unfair on Bird if we were to release him. He was on the Broncos podcast with Yow Yeh & Thaiday last year and he said he's really enjoyed not living in Sydney, away from that lifestyle and has loved every second of being in Brisbane (bar the injury & recovery time).

I find it crazy that Haas is on 500k and Lodge is on 700k (I'd be happy for broncos pay some of his contract in order to get him out of the club)... Surely Haas is deserving of an upgrade. Dearden deserves one too if we are saying he is our full time and long term 7.

why would you want to get rid of Lodge ... when he wasn't playing after a partial ACL tear and with a fractured leg ... he was consistently one of our best. we need him back to full fitness, not jettisoned from the club.

a starting pairing of Haas and Lodge could be the best starting prop combo in the league ... the only problem is that they are both dirty cockroaches

I think it'd be pretty unfair on Bird if we were to release him. He was on the Broncos podcast with Yow Yeh & Thaiday last year and he said he's really enjoyed not living in Sydney, away from that lifestyle and has loved every second of being in Brisbane (bar the injury & recovery time).
if he wants to stick around on half the money the following year, I'd be all for him hanging around.

Really wanted him to succeed but seems like the dude is just cursed here.

Last edited:
why would you want to get rid of Lodge ... when he wasn't playing after a partial ACL tear and with a fractured leg ... he was consistently one of our best. we need him back to full fitness, not jettisoned from the club.

a starting pairing of Haas and Lodge could be the best starting prop combo in the league ... the only problem is that they are both dirty cockroaches
Isn't Bellamy too

Lets be honest, we could have seen this coming a mile away. The Bird contract was a terrible deal before he spent 2 seasons sitting on his ass. It was a knee jerk response to a poor end to a season when the fans were demanding action on the recruitment front. He wasn't what we needed at the time and certainly not at the money we are paying. I'm speculating here but I think Kevvie is of this opinion and that is why we're beginning to hear this talk of offloading him now.

His signing is second only to Kennedy in how bad it has been for the club. We have basically had 900k sitting in the bleachers for 2 seasons.

I'd rate it as worse than Kennedy. Kennedy was only around for 1 year, didn't take up as much money and actually played some games. Meanwhile Bird probably dropped the ball more than the total number of games he's played.

Again, we shouldn’t be paying a cent.
I am happy to pay some portion but 500K is too generous but probably realistic. We should have negotiated a settlement at the time of the option or advised he was to stay till the end of the contract.

Lodge is going nowherre; i mean he was no higher than 40% of his true self this year. He could seriously be in the conversation of the leagues most improved player. Him back 100% is such a valuable asset for us....

Alos, can we get Marshall back here just for the harks of him calling Milf out as fat and lazy like he did last time he was here!

Nein was reporting that Bird is part of Walters' plan.

I don't see the point of paying him $500k to play for another team. Is there another player with his potential that we can pickup for $475k? No.

What's the point in offloading him to pick up some average player? We've already plenty of those. I'd rather pay him $975k and risk another injury than pay him $500k and watch him tear it up elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spooky1013
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.