Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where Dex is coming from. I remember before the 2019 season and assessed all the forward packs on LU, I pointed out the only players the Broncos had that you'd be scared to run at were Matt Gillett and Jaydn Su'A. Both are gone now and nobody has stepped up to take their place.

That's what the Broncos need, a Sia Soliola type who just plays hard tough football and puts the opposition on their backs.
We are actually allowed to recruit more than just one player. Dexter Dexter You guys all know this right?

Last edited:
Ask a question then exclude the players I can name to answer the question. Ok then..
So we need just two young guys putting in massive numbers and burning themselves out in the process and that's sufficient. How exactly did 2020 go for us with that strategy, could you just remind me?

In fact, I'm going to go on the record and put it out there. If we do NOT recruit someone like a Tolman to help these two guys out, or have a huge (and I mean HUGE) turnaround in the form and work rate of some of our other middle Forwards, we will absolutely burn out one or both of Haas and Carrigan with another year like 2020 and they'll break down either physically or mentally or probably both.

Last edited:
I know they can recruit more than one player, I'm just saying you should put that money to good use and buy a quality player that brings something to the team that isn't already there.

I know they can recruit more than one player, I'm just saying you should put that money to good use and buy a quality player that brings something to the team that isn't already there.

Particularly when there is $15 and a bunch of unsold Broncos jerseys left in the salary cap.

Kooly87 kooly87 It's not that I'm against Tolman but who do you move on to accommodate him both in the list and under the cap.
You can't just say lets get Tolman without explaining how you go about it.
I can see Oates making a more permanent move to the forwards next year so I included him in my list.

How do we improve as a club by signing him for 1 or 2 years? Next year isn't a premiership window for us it's all about improving, getting some confidence back and KW sorting out who he wants to keep.

We also have Macca on the books at this stage so his cap space is an unknown.
Tolman is an excellent serviceable player but I just can't see how he improves us or how we can afford him ( 300k is not happening) . Also he is a NSWelshman and I am all about the Broncos getting back to being QLDers where possible
I'd rather Riki and Bullemore get more NRL time next year.

Lodge
Offa
Haas
Flegler
Riki
Bullemore
Carrigan
Glenn
TPJ
Riki
Oates
Kennedy

Particularly when there is $15 and a bunch of unsold Broncos jerseys left in the salary cap.
So theres only $15!!! The jerseys are worthless🙄
I think this is the first season i havent bought one....i wasted 20 on a cap though😱

So theres only $15!!! The jerseys are worthless🙄
I think this is the first season i havent bought one....i wasted 20 on a cap though😱

The jerseys these two seasons have been an insult to fans...like the club and board.

The jerseys these two seasons have been an insult to fans...like the club and board.
Very true mate....at the end of the day i love the club but speaking for myself ive been entertained reading posts on here and commenting...taking the piss on this disaster .....imo the fans have a right considering the club and players have shit on the fans past couple years.

Anyone else think we should just grit our teeth with the same squad, take what comes and wait for 2022.

Next year isn't going to be a quick fix, no point spending $$$ on guys we will want to boot out the door in two years.

I'm sure the club could do a bit of wheelin and dealin with Hook at the Dragons. Give them back their homeboy Birdy for Zac Lomax. Lomax, Manu and Creighton at the Panthers are my three gun centres. I'd take any of them for Bird in a heartbeat.

I'm sure the club could do a bit of wheelin and dealin with Hook at the Dragons. Give them back their homeboy Birdy for Zac Lomax. Lomax, Manu and Creighton at the Panthers are my three gun centres. I'd take any of them for Bird in a heartbeat.
Although it’s not Bird’s fault, rather a case of terrible bad lack and mismanagement; we’d be just as likely to get more out of Reg Gasnier than we have Bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.