Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Well lets hope that Gary snr is already looking for houses at noosa

Billy has followed the path of many talented Queensland juniors and drifted between the two rugby codes.

He was signed to a scholarship by the Brisbane Broncos at age 13 and captained Nudgee College in the Queensland schoolboys in rugby.

When recruiter Paul Bunn left the Broncos to join the Storm at the end of last year he took Billy, who had recently turned 18, with him.
At the Broncos Billy played his underage football as a hooker but the Storm saw him as the long-term replacement for Cooper Cronk at halfback.
"He's had the opportunity to train with first grade over summer and he is going really well. Craig Bellamy (Storm coach) says he has a great work ethic," Bunn said.
"He is like his dad. We checked on him from people we know connected to North Melbourne and they say his great attributes were his hardness and toughness - the young fella displays a lot of that."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-melbourne-storm/story-e6frepaf-1226553859905

**** him.

Every club has stories like that, if we kept every promising junior we wouldn't be able to keep them eventually anyway.

Every club has stories like that, if we kept every promising junior we wouldn't be able to keep them eventually anyway.

^^^ This.

The kid has done nothing. So the story is rubbish. If in 5 years time he's a QLD Origin player, well, maybe he's one we let slip, but we can't keep every kid that comes through the ranks, and not every kid that comes through will be a star.

So long as we start keeping some superstars I don't care about another young halfback leaving.

I didn't know Paul Bunn was leaving/had left.

Found that tidbit interesting as well as the fall-out.

I just hate he went to storm, so he can foad

Let the hatred flow through you Penny, we'll kick their money grubbing asses soon my friend.

Jealousy, it's a strong emotion.

I assure you it's not jealousy, the Storm are F*ckwits, Bellamy is a massive sook and the club rorted the game for years on end.

Oh, I'm talking about the jealousy of not having Slater at the Club, Barba at the club, Cherry-Evans at the club, Widdop at the club.. Need I go on?

It's actually pretty funny, from my perspective.

I'm still bummed about losing Gagai but you have to accept the things you cannot change and move on.

Storm excelled in the worst areas of Rugby League (slowing down the ruck with grubby tactics) and let's not forget they basically ruined a period of Rugby League by rorting the cap, costing many clubs their chance of glory.

Yeah, there is a bit of tall poppy syndrome there when it comes to us because they manage to beat us more times than not and they are the measuring stick, but the other reasons outweigh them for me.

Really, I should hate them more than I do but I can't help but respect their level of professionalism and Bellamy's ability to turn trash into treasure.

I assure you it's not jealousy, the Storm are F*ckwits, Bellamy is a massive sook and the club rorted the game for years on end.

What he said

Storm excelled in the worst areas of Rugby League (slowing down the ruck with grubby tactics) and let's not forget they basically ruined a period of Rugby League by rorting the cap, costing many clubs their chance of glory.

Yeah, there is a bit of tall poppy syndrome there when it comes to us because they manage to beat us more times than not and they are the measuring stick, but the other reasons outweigh them for me.

Really, I should hate them more than I do but I can't help but respect their level of professionalism and Bellamy's ability to turn trash into treasure.

I must say I really respect Slater and Cronk for just how professional they are but I hate Smith, I don't know why but I do, except when he's wearing a QLD jersey then I love him but that's only 3 nights a year.

I reckon it would be awesome to see him be the first Captain/Coach in couple of decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.