Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isn't the origin team.

I am not against signing players from NSW but not thanks to Gallen. Players under 25 I think should be the target.

I don't know who, I don't know where from, but the Broncos need to sign a quality fullback and a quality half or five-eighth.

Cronk, DCE and Thurston were all up for grabs are we didn't get any of them. We should have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Cronk and I was bitterly disappointed not to get him. Someone with his work ethic and discipline is exactly what is needed at the club atm.

?? Isn't he like, the man? why wouldn't you want him here?

Puh-leeassse !!!

If you think my Peter Wallace hate is strong.......you don't want to get me started on Gallen.

The **** is a grub......nothing more

nothing less.

If he played for Brisbane.......I'd cut myself.

tumblr_lo18wnM22j1qich2b_zps22cf1254.gif

Cronk, DCE and Thurston were all up for grabs are we didn't get any of them. We should have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Cronk and I was bitterly disappointed not to get him. Someone with his work ethic and discipline is exactly what is needed at the club atm.

honestly, i don't think any of those three were ever up for grabs ... i think they were just using the interest in them to force their current clubs to come to the party with a bigger offer

I don't think we need to go nuts on the player market, I think 2 or 3 astute buys to fix up our problem areas and this team is a contender.

If there is even an ounce of truth to the rumour that TLL is interested in coming back they need to make it happen. We either need to put hunt back in the halves or go and buy a half, someone like Williams or Johnson (most of the others are just pipe dreams). I think hoffmans best position is centre so if kahu or bond etc can't make a fist of it we need to buy a fb... That's about it in my opinion.

In terms of fb I actually wouldn't be opposed to Dugan. He is an amazing player when his not being a douche, and getting rid of doucheness out of players is one of the things griffin actually does well.

1. Dugan/bond/kahu
2. Kemp/Berryman/bond/someone with some speed for gods sake
3.hoffman
4.hodgo
5. Maranta
6. Johnson/hunt
7. Williams
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. TLL
11. Glenn (c)
12. Thaiday (minus captaincy)
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hannant
17. Hala/Sanderson/in form prop/2nd rower

Now that's a team that could be right up there with only a couple of buys, the broncos just need to be smart

Dugan is one of the most overrated players in the game, can make good kick returns every now and then, pffft. An absolute asshoole, no way should he ever be a Bronco.

I don't think we need to go nuts on the player market, I think 2 or 3 astute buys to fix up our problem areas and this team is a contender.

If there is even an ounce of truth to the rumour that TLL is interested in coming back they need to make it happen. We either need to put hunt back in the halves or go and buy a half, someone like Williams or Johnson (most of the others are just pipe dreams). I think hoffmans best position is centre so if kahu or bond etc can't make a fist of it we need to buy a fb... That's about it in my opinion.

In terms of fb I actually wouldn't be opposed to Dugan. He is an amazing player when his not being a douche, and getting rid of doucheness out of players is one of the things griffin actually does well.

1. Dugan/bond/kahu
2. Kemp/Berryman/bond/someone with some speed for gods sake
3.hoffman
4.hodgo
5. Maranta
6. Johnson/hunt
7. Williams
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. TLL
11. Glenn (c)
12. Thaiday (minus captaincy)
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hannant
17. Hala/Sanderson/in form prop/2nd rower

Now that's a team that could be right up there with only a couple of buys, the broncos just need to be smart

Argh, so many things here fill me with rage.

Dugan is one of the most overrated players in the game, can make good kick returns every now and then, pffft. An absolute asshoole, no way should he ever be a Bronco.

Didn't you get the memo. We don't care if players are douches now. We just want to win.

We've lost the plot...

As much as I agree that the broncos managenment isn't what it was 25 years ago, I also think the rugby league landscape (and society in general) has changed significantly since then.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, the broncos basically had a mortgage on a lot of QLD players as if you didn't want to move to sydney (which back then was seen as a big move), the broncos were the only real option to play league at the highest level in QLD. Sure the management had a lot to do with building that up, but it also helps when you have limited competition.

For many years the Broncos had an aura about them because this allowed them to retain some of the top players in the game. That also helps sign other quality players. I'm sure many broncos players of the past signed with the club in the hope of playing next to greats of the game such as Lewis, Langer and Lockyer. They are the sort of guys you can build a team around.

These days there are other options if you want to stay in QLD, plus making the move interstate isn't seen as the big move it once was (eg, it's a lot easier and cheaper to stay in contact with family these days). Also other clubs have obviously realised the talent in QLD too, and most, if not all, have talent scouts and feeder clubs up here now. Sadly too, the days of the broncos having arguably the best player in the game at that time, are over. All this makes it much harder to retain players than it once was, good management or not.

Sure I think management has made some poor decisions recently, but I wonder if the predicament we are in now is more a case of other clubs catching up to the broncos, rather than the broncos falling behind. Unfortunately, this is what the salary cap encourages.

Last edited:
As long as we don't pay overs and tell him to pull his head in, I would welcome a move for Dugan.

Dugan would be a great buy.

Didn't you get the memo. We don't care if players are douches now. We just want to win.

I know this is sarcasm but given the salary cap and the way the game is I don't think you can really afford to have standards and still build premiership teams.

I know this is sarcasm but given the salary cap and the way the game is I don't think you can really afford to have standards and still build premiership teams.
I disagree, I think there's a fine line but a team of angels isn't what we need. If we have a few naughties so fucking be it!

I'm hardly the most disciplined guy at work but the managers let it go because I actually do my job well.

Dugan is a very, very good player, if he has some trouble here and there who gives a shit! Our goal is to get premierships, we shouldn't let go of any player who's not perfect when they're great performers.

All that being said I can't imagine Canberra ditching Dugan... I wish but it wouldn't happen. He's exactly the type of player we're missing.

I LOL at people who ark up about the thought of signing NSW players. Oh, hello Glenn Lazarus. Oh, hello Chris Johns. Oh, hello Michael De Vere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.