Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just on the Broncos site and they've got Aaron Whitchurch listed on the 'All-Time Roster' of past players. Listed as 2012-2013. Guessing he hasn't been re-signed. Also Baptiste is listed for 2012. He must be off somewhere too. Gibb as well (which is a big shame)

(Note: Tasi, Prince, Wallace, Lui and Norman are listed also so it's clearly up to date)

Last edited:
I remember Whitchurch had a very impressive debut - we even had him in the top 3 players for that game.
Then he got hooked 2 minutes into his second game. I remember that was also one of Wallace's worst ever, and Griffin kept him on the field.
Don't remember him playing this year though.

Wallace didn't stay on the field against Parra, I believe he left the field injured part-way through the second half. Bit apples and oranges really.

Whitchurch played against the Warriors and was woeful. He made Maranta look better in comparison which says all you need to know.

Anderson and Slyney were both listed.

Last edited:
So based on the all time roster and photos from the early pre-season:

Joe Bond (Unsure - Google inconclusive)
Jordan Drew (Kept)
Liam Georgetown (Unsure - Google inconclusive)
Denan Kemp (Ditched)
Brendon Gibb (Ditched)
Lachlan Maranta (Kept)
Nick Slyney (Ditched)
Jarrod Wallace (Kept)
Aaron Whitchurch (Ditched)
Scott Anderson (Ditched)
Kurt Baptiste (Ditched)
Dale Copley (Kept)
Mitchell Dodds (Kept)
Cameron Cullen (Kept)
Luke Dalziel-Don (Ditched - retired)
Chris McLean (Unsure - Google inconclusive)
Francis Molo (Kept)
Caleb Timu (Ditched - Mormon mission)

Aside from keeping Maranta and Baptiste's departure leaving us thin at hooker I'm pretty happy with the retention for next year.

I really rate J Wallace, glad to see we kept him. Still don't rate Doddgy.

Not sure that this would be the right thread for this discussion but...

Parramatta recruit Corey Norman ready for tough Eels initiation at five-eighth | News.com.au

Interview with Norman about leaving the Broncos...

I don't have any hard feelings about the guy, but that article sums up every reason he needed to go. He conveys an attitude that he's not only bigger then the team but also that he seems to know better then the coaching staff... No wonder he didn't develop or improve when he thinks he knows better then professionals that have been in the industry for longer then hes been alive and are telling him he's more suited to a fullback.

Setting aside whats best for the team Hook and Co obviously thought he had the potential to become a Fullback BETTER then international representative Hoffman and that he would be less effective than an run of the mill halfback and over the hill five-eighth.

I never really rated Norman at the Broncos and he was playing behind a strong set of forwards here, he will need epic form if he is going to succeed behind Parra's 'pack' but anyone would.

The last game I'll remember him for is a QLD Cup game.. absolute pea heart.

I think it was pretty clear early on that he wasn't a fullback either. He was just a (possibly) better attacking option than ball-hog Hoffman. So basically he was never going to be a better fullback than Hoffman, just a better option to go with two dud performing halves and a terrible gameplan at the time.

Who knows, if he matures a bit, he might end up being a pretty solid half.

The photo of him passing the ball sums up his thinking:hurt:

On the topic of Corey Norman at Parramatta although not being Broncos related.

I expect the Norman/Sandow partnership will be another very frustrating combo to watch for the long suffering Eels fans. I've never really rated Sandow that much as he is a highly inconsistent vulnerable player with the ability to pull out something good only once in a while. Norman was a gun fullback in his first season but failed terribly to fill the shoes of Darren Lockyer and played direly this year and was deservedly dropped to QLD cup. Should be noted that he was playing in a superior roster to Parra just imagine what he will be like behind Parra's 'pack'.

On the topic of Corey Norman at Parramatta although not being Broncos related.

I expect the Norman/Sandow partnership will be another very frustrating combo to watch for the long suffering Eels fans. I've never really rated Sandow that much as he is a highly inconsistent vulnerable player with the ability to pull out something good only once in a while. Norman was a gun fullback in his first season but failed terribly to fill the shoes of Darren Lockyer and played direly this year and was deservedly dropped to QLD cup. Should be noted that he was playing in a superior roster to Parra just imagine what he will be like behind Parra's 'pack'.

To be honest I think he may be forced to play centre. Paulo is doing a great job at 6 for tomahawks. No guarantees with Arthur as coach.

To be honest I think he may be forced to play centre. Paulo is doing a great job at 6 for tomahawks. No guarantees with Arthur as coach.

Did Norman ever play centre at the Broncos?

Playing centre did wonders for Ben Roberts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Horseheadsup
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • marw
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.