Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patto

BRL Player
Nov 3, 2013
Don't get me wrong i'm sure there is some sort of strategy with his manager talking like this to the press, but for all we know it is simply trying to put pressure on Gee and White to give him a increased contract.

Agreed managers do have their own motives and I'd say this started by Hoffman being disappointed in most likely losing his favored position. And I think he had every right to be annoyed at Hodges, can you imagine someone at the Storm or Manly coming out like that in the media. As much as I dislike them you can't say they don't have strong team culture.

Either way it doesn't matter at all this is being blow out of proportion a bit. What matters is what he does next season, and if this season is anything to go by he's going to stick his head down and keep scoring tries.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
This is now a Katy Perry thread.

Royalty_-_Katy_Perry.gif

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Besides the fact that her "music" is terrible and she's a douche. **** Katy Perry.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Katy Perry is awesome however we have an entertainment subforum for that discussion :)

Back on topic for now.

As much as I don't like Hoffman having a sook about playing out of his position, if he can remain professional about it and not let it affect his playing on the field then I really do hope we keep him.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

THE Bulldogs are preparing to pounce on disgruntled Broncos fullback Josh Hoffman as payback for stealing their Dally M superstar Ben Barba.

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler is aware the Kiwi World Cup star is unhappy in Brisbane and is working feverishly behind the scenes to get him to Belmore.

Canterbury has four players in the New Zealand tour party - Sam Kasiano, Frank Pritchard, Krisnan Inu and Greg Eastwood - who are quietly encouraging the blockbusting fullback to move to Sydney.

Hoffman has been out of sorts since Barba signed at the Broncos amid speculation he would be shunted to the wing.

"We're aware of Canterbury's interest," said one senior Broncos official.

"They're all over him.

"When you're on tour in another country for so long you build a bond with your team mates and the Canterbury boys have been working on him.

"But at this stage we don't want to release him."
Still, the Broncos based their entire campaign to sign Barba on the fact he was unhappy in Sydney and wanted out from Canterbury.

It would be hard for them to stand in the way of one of their own players who clearly doesn't want to be there, just like Barba at the Bulldogs.

Since the end of the season, the Dogs have tried but failed to lure Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and William Hopoate to Belmore to replace Barba.

They even went big-time for Wallaby star Israel Folau who eventually decided to stay with the Waratahs.

When those negotiations fell over, Hasler turned his attention to the blockbusting Broncos player.

Working in Canterbury's favour is the fact the Broncos need to free up cash to finalise their record bid for Australia's Test captain Cameron Smith.

Paying Hoffman $400,000-a-season to play on the wing is seen as too much money spread across the salary cap.

Aside from the Bulldogs, other NRL clubs are aware of Hoffman's situation and have spoken to his agent in recent weeks.

However they don't have as much money as Canterbury have to play with under the salary cap.

Before Barba signed in Brisbane, 25-year-old Hoffman was just beginning talks with the Broncos about extending his contract.

But he has made it clear he wants to wear the No 1 jersey.

Barba can play in the halves but has made his home at fullback in recent seasons from where he became the 2012 Dally M champion.

Sounds like Hoffman might be gone.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Of course, we will want compensation from the Dogs. How ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Robboi_321
  • Dash
  • easybreezy
  • phoenix
  • Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncoFan94
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • BruiserMk1
  • Astro
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.