Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to that clown Peter Tunks at Talkin Sports about this exact issue knowing that he loves the Dogs as an ex player. He replied on air that Hoffman had every right to look elsewhere because he had been so shabbily treated by the Broncos. He's so thick, he couldn't see the hypocrisy of what he was saying! He has this saying that you shouldn't trust a Queenslander because they "lie, cheat and steal". So, obviously, he's not real bright but I try and give that show a miss on Mon, Tues and Wed when he's on.

I know exactly what you mean, they had Sam Thaiday on the radio during the World Cup for a supposed interview about his thoughts on the world cup 2013, they kept having a dig at him and the club over it, Sam to his credit didn't bite and handled it quite well, but it was very disrespectful. Funny thing was when the news of Idris going to Penrith leaked they were all over how great it was for the Panthers, they showed no sympathy for the Titans position whatsoever, compare this to the smear campaign they did over the Broncos and it just shows the hypocrisy it is, it's ok for Sydney clubs to do so, but how dare anyone outside, especially the Broncos.

As for the treatment for Hoffman, pfft his not the first player to be told to play elsewhere with another player joining the club and certainly not exclusive to our club and to somehow make out that is a shabby treatment by the Broncos highlights how far they will go to have a dig at the club. His still got a contract, still getting paid the same money and still playing in first grade, his position is well and his certainly performing better on the wing then he was at fullback, his hardly in a worse position because of it.

Last edited:
Please no. Barba needs to be fullback, and Hoffman needs to be on the wing.

I don't care who we play at five-eight, as long as it's not Barba, because that would mean Hoffman as FB and I think that will be the worst possible outcome for our attack.

Maybe Maranta would play fullback and become one of our best? Hahaha

I'm absolutely convinced Maranta would be a better match at fullback than winger tbh. Still need to figure out a way to actually find the line...

Anyone ever seen the movie Dodgeball?

There is a scene where they practice dodging, but instead of using balls, the old guy uses wrenches.

Perhaps they can do that with Maranta, but instead aim it at his head. If he doesn't duck for the try line in time, he gets hit in the head.

Maybe a stupid idea...

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen the movie Dodgeball?

There is a scene where they practice dodging, but instead of using balls, the old guy uses wrenches.

Perhaps they can do that with Maranta, but instead aim it at his head. If he doesn't duck for the try line in time, he gets hit in the head.

Maybe a stupid idea...

I love that movie.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"

"Is this really necessary?"

"Necessary? Is it necessary that I drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

"It's like watching a retard trying to **** a doorknob"

Sorry I seemed to have gotten sidetracked.

JOSH Hoffman’s manager has taken aim at the Brisbane hierarchy over their contract saga, confirming the disgruntled utility has formally sought a release from the Broncos.

Broncos chief executive Paul White is determined for Hoffman to honour the final two years of his deal, with the club claiming the Kiwi Test star has never personally asked to leave the club.
But Hoffman’s agent, Paul Hogan, on Sunday night broke his silence on the protracted affair.

He says both he and Hoffman have asked Broncos management for a release several times, the latest request coming on January 24.
Amid the stand-off, Hogan says he met with Broncos boss White, tabling a list of reasons why Hoffman wants out to embark on a fresh start with the Bulldogs.
Canterbury coach Des Hasler is sweating on Hoffman’s availability and Hogan urged the Broncos to help facilitate a release in the same seamless manner that allowed Ben Barba to join Brisbane.

“For the Broncos to suggest we haven’t asked for a release is simply untrue,” Hogan said.

“I want to set the record straight now, Josh has personally asked for a release and I have also requested one on his behalf.
“Myself and the Hoffman family are all extremely disappointed at the way the Broncos have handled this situation.
“If the Broncos asked Josh if he wants to go tomorrow, he would say yes, I would like to go.
“The Broncos are claiming Josh Hoffman doesn’t want a release - but I can confirm he does.

“The Bulldogs bent over backwards to let Ben Barba go. Why won't the Broncos (reciprocate)? “He wants a fresh start. I have met with Paul White and I went through a list of points on why Josh is seeking a release.”

Hogan detailed the sequence of events that led to Hoffman’s request for a release after his return to Brisbane from New Zealand's World Cup campaign.
“Anthony Griffin sent Josh a text message on Boxing Day asking Josh to be at the Broncos office the next morning. Josh said he was in Mackay on holidays, so they agreed to talk on the phone,” he said.
“During that conversation, Josh told Anthony he wanted out of the Broncos. Anthony told him to get me to ring Raelene Castle at the Bulldogs and have her deal with Paul White.
“I have the times and dates where we have met with the Broncos. Both Anthony Griffin and Paul White know Josh wants out.”

White said on Sunday: “He (Hoffman) has got two years to go on a contract. He’s training well.
“I haven’t spoken to the coach, but Josh will get opportunities here to improve himself.
“We want to see him do his best for this club ... everything I’ve seen from Josh is that he is committed.”
Hogan dismissed suggestions Hoffman is merely seeking a better pay day at the Bulldogs.
While the 25-year-old is keen to cement an NRL career at fullback, Hogan says Hoffman is equally concerned with his development at the Broncos.
The Mackay product was left stunned by a public off-season appraisal from teammate Justin Hodges that Hoffman was not “the right guy” to play fullback, and Ben Barba should be the Broncos’ No.1 instead.

Despite training strongly and playing well at the NRL Nines on Sunday, including a superb 50m solo effort, Hoffman privately believes he needs a new challenge at Belmore.
“This has nothing to do with money,” Hogan said. “We haven’t even had a formal offer from the Bulldogs. I haven’t even discussed figures with the Bulldogs. They have made it clear they are interested if he wasn’t at the Broncos and that’s it.
“Josh is seeking an opportunity at fullback and developing as a footballer as, in his mind, it’s not happening at the Broncos.
“There are teammates of Josh’s who know he wants a release. I don’t know why the Broncos continue to deny it.
“In an ideal world, we could work something out before the season and start afresh.
“But if the Broncos refuse to accept a release, then Josh will have no choice to play there for the next two seasons, because he is a professional and he will honour his contract.”

Yikes, might have spoken too soon yesterday.

How many times is hogan going to ask for a release before he accepts the answer.

I'm pretty sure Hoffman's manager has said he asked for a release before, and then Hoffman came out and said he never told the Broncos he wanted out. I guess we'll find out pretty soon just who is telling the truth.

Hoffman's manager could have ruined any chance of him getting a release, for speaking to the media about it.

Hoffman should tell his manager to STFU.

Hoffman looked pretty happy playing for the Broncos in the weekend.

The manager comes off as a bit of a dill. The last two lines are the only important ones. You'll do great on the wing for two years, Josh then see you later.

Well this is bizarre with Hoffman and broncos stories matching up and hoffys manager saying something else. He doesn't really have a valid reason to be released though. Definitely no compassionate grounds. But due to how well bulldogs handled barba. If it's to them id support releasing him in a year. Unfortunately he is very much required here on the wing.

Well this is bizarre with Hoffman and broncos stories matching up and hoffys manager saying something else. He doesn't really have a valid reason to be released though. Definitely no compassionate grounds. But due to how well bulldogs handled barba. If it's to them id support releasing him in a year. Unfortunately he is very much required here on the wing.

The way they saw it was they were passing their problem onto us. That is why it was so "seamless". Hoffman needs to spend a year either on the wing, or in Redcliffe. Hopefully on the wing too. After some of the things I've heard from Bulldogs fans, who have suddenly forgotten their holier than thou team was in trouble for gang rape (same amount of evidence with Barba, none really), I don't want our club to do anything to benefit them.

Last edited:
The way they saw it was they were passing their problem onto us. That is why it was so "seamless". Hoffman needs to spend a year either on the wing, or in Redcliffe. Hopefully on the wing too. After some of the things I've heard from Bulldogs fans, who have suddenly forgotten their holier than thou team was in trouble for gang rape (same amount of evidence, none really), I don't want our club to do anything to benefit them.
Exactly, and in the next two years, the Dogs will have bought (not bred) another fullback and lost all interest in Hoffman.

I say let him go if they have asked. The bulldogs did give us a burdon but they would have endured with Barba they did us a favour. They need a fullback so lets give them hoffman instead. I don't want his attitude causing conflict as the season goes on, get it out of the way instead of the June deadline where it interupts our season because obviously this isn't going away.

Better yet give them hoffman, after round 1

The only reason I can listen to talkin sport, and the big sports breakfast is cause it's sport and not some shitty music lol but I agree they are all so thick. Hated the interview with Thiaday on talkin sport and the did the same in the big sport breakfast. He was on there to promote a charity fight and they were reading out interview from idiot about how he was gonna get smash cause he couldn't be the 3rd man in.

Some of you must have short memories because the will they/wont they release saga with Barba went on months, not exactly what i would call 'seamless'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Allo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Xzei
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.