Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he has been coached by griffin for how long?

Yet since I've followed the game I've seen clubs at far more struggling clubs develop into better players as time goes on, Hoffman's had plenty of time to show credible improvement in his ball playing ability from just an individual development perspective, haven't seen it, I certainly don't think Griffin or Henjak did Hunt any favors, but Hoffman has none.

Last edited:
i was referring to nikorima

Which brings me back to the question, how can a rookie NYC step up and impress far more in that department then an international fullback has done in his career. Look Griffin has his faults I won't deny that but Hoffman's in no position to be making out that his being held back when his had ample opportunities to show his what he claims to be and failed to do so, players have to own part of that responsibility too.

Last edited:
seriously pal, your sarcasm is about as ridiculous as your contribution.

I probably shouldn't have been sarcastic but I never attacked you like you have me.

Anyone this is completely irrelevant to the thread. I'm sick of this rubbish from Hoffman and I'm sick of these comments from his manager making out like its everyone's fault but Josh's. Maybe if josh and his manager sat down and acted like adults from the start things would be different. Maybe if he asked for a release before embarassing the club by posing with bulldog players they would have aided his release.

Maybe if he tried to improve his own game instead of being the only fullback in the entire fucking competition that can't pass the ball, we wouldn't have signed a replacement.

Maybe if he reflected on any of this he wouldn't be trying to go to a club that are so desperate for a fullback they will take him, maybe he wouldn't be looking at being probably third choice (at best) fullback for the kiwis now.

Which brings me back to the question, how can a rookie NYC step up and impress far more in that department then an international fullback has done in his career.

because he has barely been coached by griffin, is what i was getting at.

I probably shouldn't have been sarcastic but I never attacked you like you have me.

Anyone this is completely irrelevant to the thread. I'm sick of this rubbish from Hoffman and I'm sick of these comments from his manager making out like its everyone's fault but Josh's. Maybe if josh and his manager sat down and acted like adults from the start things would be different. Maybe if he asked for a release before embarassing the club by posing with bulldog players they would have aided his release.

Maybe if he tried to improve his own game instead of being the only fullback in the entire fucking competition that can't pass the ball, we wouldn't have signed a replacement.

Maybe if he reflected on any of this he wouldn't be trying to go to a club that are so desperate for a fullback they will take him, maybe he wouldn't be looking at being probably third choice (at best) fullback for the kiwis now.

My apologies.
I just don't see how him seeking a release because he wants to be a fullback is any different to someone like sam burgess who got his release to play rugby, both decisions they feel will better themselves. Really at the end of the day i hope he goes, he is clearly unhappy by all accounts and this saga is getting ridiculous and embarrassing for the broncos.

because he has barely been coached by griffin, is what i was getting at.

Yet Hoffman can perform great out on the wing, better then he has at fullback for the past two seasons going by your logic that shouldn't be possible if Griffin is holding him back.

Yet Hoffman can perform great out on the wing, better then he has at fullback for the past two seasons going by your logic that shouldn't be possible if Griffin is holding him back.

It was more of just an anti griffin stab tbh.

Hoffmans deficiency's as a fullback can't be blamed on Hook this time guys. The fullbacks that are going around now are naturally efficient in passing, kicking and backing up. These players have evolved in the position and Hoffman has stayed the same.

It was more of just an anti griffin stab tbh.

I'm no fan of what Griffin has achieved since the end of 2011 myself, but the players still have to own some level of responsibility for their own development.

My apologies.
I just don't see how him seeking a release because he wants to be a fullback is any different to someone like sam burgess who got his release to play rugby, both decisions they feel will better themselves. Really at the end of the day i hope he goes, he is clearly unhappy by all accounts and this saga is getting ridiculous and embarrassing for the broncos.

I agree I hope he goes, I have said many times I will be disappointed if he is in the team come round 1 because he has disgraced the jersey.

Burgess and hoffmans situations are completely different. Burgess didn't get around posing with English rugby players just to piss souths off, he went about it the right way.

I agree I hope he goes, I have said many times I will be disappointed if he is in the team come round 1 because he has disgraced the jersey.

Burgess and hoffmans situations are completely different. Burgess didn't get around posing with English rugby players just to piss souths off, he went about it the right way.

I get that, but whose to say that wasn't just a last ditch effort to piss them off enough to release him? anything is really just speculation atm.

I get that, but whose to say that wasn't just a last ditch effort to piss them off enough to release him? anything is really just speculation atm.

Then he is almost on Ferguson tier of stupid and he should be punished, not given what he wants.

In my defence, I wasn't saying Griffin and the coaching staff have held Hoffy back - just that the comment adds another voice to what has already been voiced by a number of areas.

Real skills are like man bits, either you have them or you don't. Training and hard work can help, look at Cronk for a perfect example of someone who has reached the highest level primarily through hard work rather than blind talent. Absolutely, players need to be honest with themselves about their skills, potential, and how that meshes with their desires. We all know people who aim higher than they realistically should - hell, it's called dreaming, and it's generally a positive as it can drive that extra work. But the flip side is that being self-aware is also being honest with yourself about your flaws and deficiencies, and where you fit into the zoo.

Hoffman, IMO, does not have the ball-playing skills to be one of the premier fullbacks in the game. I would love to be proven wrong, I really would, as I rate him highly - but Barba is a much better option and he showed it in the 9's. Sorry Hoffy, it's not personal, it's just reality..

In my defence, I wasn't saying Griffin and the coaching staff have held Hoffy back - just that the comment adds another voice to what has already been voiced by a number of areas.

Real skills are like man bits, either you have them or you don't. Training and hard work can help, look at Cronk for a perfect example of someone who has reached the highest level primarily through hard work rather than blind talent. Absolutely, players need to be honest with themselves about their skills, potential, and how that meshes with their desires. We all know people who aim higher than they realistically should - hell, it's called dreaming, and it's generally a positive as it can drive that extra work. But the flip side is that being self-aware is also being honest with yourself about your flaws and deficiencies, and where you fit into the zoo.

Hoffman, IMO, does not have the ball-playing skills to be one of the premier fullbacks in the game. I would love to be proven wrong, I really would, as I rate him highly - but Barba is a much better option and he showed it in the 9's. Sorry Hoffy, it's not personal, it's just reality..

Very well said mate

My apologies.
Sorry, embarrassing for whom?

I think we should try trade him early for Milford to the Raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • PETERN
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.