Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Stuart has the maturity of a school girl so he wouldn't do such a thing.

But with a trade he might consider it. A "fully fledged, superstar fullback" like Hoffman for a young kid they're losing anyway might be an option even to the likes of Stuart

I think there are 2 good ideas from what I have read - Try and trade him to Canberra for Milford BUT wait Hoffman does not have any mates at Canberra - poor Josh - if that was put to him he may want to stay or if Stuart and Canberra won't come at that then tell him we will release him to the highest bidder at the end of 2014.
I would prefer the swap Milford for Hoffman immediately - dont give Hoffman a choice of where he goes BUT he will be assured of fullback at Canberra so he cant complain and Canberra would or should be seriously happy to lock him in for 3 or 4 years where next year when Milford comes here they will go looking.
This way we get our immediate 5/8th in Milford and Barba plays fullback and whislt I have seen a number of Copley detractors on here recently I have to say that he looked big and strong and powerful on the weekend and I am happy for him to play in the centres for the moment in place of Hodges then when he comes back give Jack Reed the flick and swap Copley to the left centre

Ah ok, I thought it would be embarrassing for Hoffman... silly me!

Of course it is, but the longer it drags out the more it hurts our brand and regardless of personal opinions or fact we look like assholes for not releasing an unsettled player to a club who released arguably their biggest star to us.

who says we have to release him to a club that HE WANTS to go too - surley we hold the whip handle here

who says we have to release him to a club that HE WANTS to go too - surley we hold the whip handle here

That's actually very true. If this is solely about playing fullback he will have no problems going to the raiders

Of course it is, but the longer it drags out the more it hurts our brand and regardless of personal opinions or fact we look like assholes for not releasing an unsettled player to a club who released arguably their biggest star to us.
Not comparable, as has been clearly detailed in this thread.

We look like assholes because we won't be held hostage to a player throwing a tantrum? Seriously?

As to trading him for Milford... Would love it for 2 reasons: The obvious one being we get Anthony now, and the second would be Hoffman cruising on rooftops once one of the very promising stars coming through the Canberra ranks, usurps him of the Fullback spot! :laugh:

The latter is unfortunately also the reason why it will never happen...

@Fighting Irish , can you please leave your Reed agenda out of this?

Last edited:

LOL ....yeah if you're listening to the jealous anti-Brisbane brigade.

There's still a lot out there who admire us for keeping him to his signed contract.

Milford had genuine concerns about the health of his Father.

Barba chased his mrs and kids here.

Hoffman is sulking and wants to leave because he can't play in his favorite position.

Chalk and cheese.

I just wish somebody from the Broncos would call Hoffman and his fucktard manager out on this bullshit about him not being able to progress as a player at the Broncos. We all know that's bullshit. The only one reason he wants to leave is because we have signed a more talented fullback and he knows he won't get a game there.

Somebody should remind him about what happened at the World Cup. He couldn't even beat Kevin Locke to the Fullback position and didn't even make the side.

May not be related to the Broncos but I'll post it here anyway:

[TWEET]435540046330855424[/TWEET]

...never mind.

[TWEET]435561476976173057[/TWEET]

So based on the Mole's form, Cameron Smith to Broncos confirmed?

In my defence, I wasn't saying Griffin and the coaching staff have held Hoffy back - just that the comment adds another voice to what has already been voiced by a number of areas.

Real skills are like man bits, either you have them or you don't. Training and hard work can help, look at Cronk for a perfect example of someone who has reached the highest level primarily through hard work rather than blind talent. Absolutely, players need to be honest with themselves about their skills, potential, and how that meshes with their desires. We all know people who aim higher than they realistically should - hell, it's called dreaming, and it's generally a positive as it can drive that extra work. But the flip side is that being self-aware is also being honest with yourself about your flaws and deficiencies, and where you fit into the zoo.

Hoffman, IMO, does not have the ball-playing skills to be one of the premier fullbacks in the game. I would love to be proven wrong, I really would, as I rate him highly - but Barba is a much better option and he showed it in the 9's. Sorry Hoffy, it's not personal, it's just reality..

Firstly, great post and I completely agree.

Secondly, I'm cracking up at all the sexual innuendo in here. Did anyone else notice? Especially funny coming from 'little' Davey. Great post on so many levels!!

Look, I like Hodgo plenty, he's a club legend after all but we have to be realistic here. He's coming off another serious achillies injury, one of the worst you can suffer and let's face it, isn't getting any younger.

Give him 100K to only play from round 20 onwards and finals.

Masada Iosefa to @manlyseaeagles is the signing according to the mole, Dog fan's will have to wait it would appear lol

What about Blake Ferguson...? I know he is a idiot but he is a game breaker. Surely he is looking for a new Club. Take it with a grain of salt but Courier Mail quoted Mundine as saying the Broncos would be a perfect fit.

What about Blake Ferguson...? I know he is a idiot but he is a game breaker. Surely he is looking for a new Club. Take it with a grain of salt but Courier Mail quoted Mundine as saying the Broncos would be a perfect fit.

Not after he was found guilty in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • rj9
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Alec
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.