Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Bond > Raiders.

[TWEET]427932975611658240[/TWEET]

Sorry if this is old news.

Last edited:
Alot of noise on twitter that Thaiday isn't happy and is looking to leave. Who knows though could just be people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 3.14159265359

Judging by the size of him I think Thaiday has been getting a lot of Pi too.

Joe Bond > Raiders.

Poor mans Barba, and now that we've got the real deal, don't need him.

Joe Bond > Raiders.

It is old news but Moley read it on a Mounties team list and thought he hadn't heard anyone else say it and claimed it as his own. Happened months ago. Not your fault though haha

It is old news but Moley read it on a Mounties team list and thought he hadn't heard anyone else say it and claimed it as his own. Happened months ago. Not your fault though haha

Watch for more of Moleys 'scoops' as he starts to play supercoach and realised other players that have moved "moley hears boom prop Dunamis Lui moves to manly #moleysytrikesagain #thingschangebro"

Word on the Noosa strip is that Sammy has requested a release so he can join the Cowboys. His mom wants him up there and reckons he is due for a change in surroundings.

Word on the Noosa strip is that Sammy has requested a release so he can join the Cowboys. His mom wants him up there and reckons he is due for a change in surroundings.

Why would he publicly declare he wants to stay at the Broncos, and then request a release? It doesn't make sense. My guess is that rumor is not true. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
That's a lazy rumour. People assume Sammy is pissed and he comes from Townsville way = going to the cowboys.

The ABC interview he did seemed to give the impression the Cowboys basically had no interest in him whatsoever as a player prior to the Broncos signing him, I doubt he will go rushing there when they basically snubbed him without a substantial pay increase in which case you would have to question the worth of retaining him anyway, the Broncos have been good to him, hell they could have drop kicked him after the whole toilet incident but they didn't, even gave him the captaincy (granted stripped later). It's a rumor you can expect after such an event, sometimes there's something to it, often there isn't, in this case I don't think there is.

Last edited:
Not the first signing from Wales to QCUP, we signed that Ollie Olds guy a couple of years back, haven't seen him since.

He's never had anything to do with the Broncos. He's at the Jets and never played Cup he was injured all last year.

Someone elsewhere posted highlights of Ollie Olds. Mostly showed footwork, a strong fend, support play and a good offload.

If he plays and impresses this year, maybe we'll properly sign him? He's only 19 or 20 or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacey retiring has opened up a spot at the Jets.

Someone elsewhere posted highlights of Ollie Olds. Mostly showed footwork, a strong fend, support play and a good offload.

If he plays and impresses this year, maybe we'll properly sign him? He's only 19 or 20 or something.

I was all ready to shoot down that video. You can make a highlights package of just about any player. There was a a play that Stagg did last year that you'd swear he's be one of the most creative back-rowers in the comp. But he hasn't done that for maybe 6 or 7 years and probably never will again. It all comes down to the quality of the defence and we've seen time & time again that footwork, speed, etc in lower grades is almost irrelevant come NRL game day.

However, what I saw there was vision. To be fair, the other 99% of his plays that were not uploaded could have been retarded, but just about every time he had the ball he made the right decision. Dying with the ball where a miracle pass would certainly have resulted in an error or turnover. Careful watching of the numbers so offloads are not only safe but actually put teammates in a positive position. I likes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.