Broncos positivity thread

Petch67

Banned User
The Warriors came 10th.
They had to live away from their families at short notice, had to borrow players, had their beloved coach sacked mid season, have a bog average roster. They still came 10th.

The 8th placed Sharks only won half their games and had a 0 for and against.

That’s the benchmark of the middle
of the table. That should show just how much effort it takes to be bad enough to come last. If everything at the club is average we come 9th. In theory you could draw every game 0-0 in the NRL and still make the finals.

There’s no reason we can’t finish 10th-8th.
If nathan brown wasnt involved at warriors id be backing them as next years NswRL fairytale story

The Fisherman

QCup Player
Coach - KW could be amazing, he is certainly saying the right things and even if he has the same record as Seibs he's infinitely more likeable. So i think we win here.

Fullback - Darius is gone. Personally i think his poor attitude really affected the team. You may disagree, but im so glad he's gone. Darius is a terrible, terrible name.

Wings - Xavier Coates just had a very promising origin stint, Herbie looks the goods and will only improve with another year under his belt, Jamayne had the death of his father to contend with in 2020 - i can see him having a much better year... we also have Mead again, which is good for culture.

Centres - not feeling too good about this position.... i suppose Bird did nothing, hes gone so hopefully we have some money to spend. Shame about Staggs' Knee

Halves - Dearden is super calm under pressure and only going to get better... last time Kevvie coached Milf he was an actual million dollar player.

Hooker - Turps is decent, Macca could tie up the middle defensively if used effectively. Neither are world beaters, but if they both play to potential we'll be fine.

Second Row - Oates to make the transition and prove everyone wrong. Then take Fifitas spot in origin. Alex Glenn to have a great year.... alright a bit too optimistic here... not sure how I feel about our second row. We have Oates, Glenn and Riki. Just feels a bit shit, but hopefully they arent shit.

Props and Lock - Haas, Lodge, Carrigan, TPJ, Flegler.... this could be a really, really good pack. Also... OFFA is GONE (is this a lock in?) ! I am super pleased about this, he hasnt won a game for Bronx in 18 months, im certain he is our bad luck charm.

Overall, if our team plays to potential we can be weapons again. Just need to be unified!
I'm with you on most of these picks, I really hope you are right about Corey Oates, we need a tall second rower with a good work ethic, his Father in Law was on of the best second rowers the Broncos ever had, and he was a convert from the centres

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Not sure this counts as a positive but we are only about a month away before the ‘Milford is training the house down and is in the best shape of his career’ articles pop up again right on cue.

Or just change the word Milford to literally any other player in our squad and rinse and repeat.

They can say what they want but I’ll bet my house now that we still won’t be training harder than the successful clubs.

This preseason will be a cakewalk for Croft compared to what Bellamy would have put him through.

Last edited:

The Strapper

NRL Player
Not sure this counts as a positive but we are only about a month away before the ‘Milford is training the house down and is in the best shape of his career’ articles pop up again right on cue.

Or just change the word Milford to literally any other player in our squad and rinse and repeat.

They can say what they want but I’ll bet my house now that we still won’t be training harder than the successful clubs.

This preseason will be a cakewalk for Croft compared to what Bellamy would have put him through.

I’d much rather they were fairly low key about the pre season.
Just say we’re working hard etc. and don’t give out heaps of media statements about how fantastic everyone is doing.
After the season we have had the only thing that matters is what we do after next season commences.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto

Reason that one through for me please? KW was a successful assistant coach at the Storm for a number of years and therefore would have been a part of pre-season training and aware of what they did, the intensity at which they did it etc.

He was also an assistant coach under Bennett for a number of years and has that as a point of comparison to the storm's preseason training and planning.

Are you suggesting that he would make a deliberate decision to under train and under prepare our players by not adopting if not the same, a similar preseason schedule to the Storm?

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Reason that one through for me please? KW was a successful assistant coach at the Storm for a number of years and therefore would have been a part of pre-season training and aware of what they did, the intensity at which they did it etc.

He was also an assistant coach under Bennett for a number of years and has that as a point of comparison to the storm's preseason training and planning.

Are you suggesting that he would make a deliberate decision to under train and under prepare our players by not adopting if not the same, a similar preseason schedule to the Storm?

I don’t disagree with what your saying, I was just being cynical and slightly sarcastic because I’ve conditioned myself for the last 4 years to keep buying into how well we are training pre season fueled by our media team only to see us look well off the pace compared to most other teams.

FWIW, I think Kevvy will be putting them through probably one of the hardest pre seasons this group has done in years as he would have taken the last 2 years personally as someone who idolises the club. Whether that is enough or whether that translates on the field is yet to be seen.

All I know is I for one am not buying into absolutely any propaganda our PR or media team spit out this year in preseason and am judging them purely what transpires on the field come March. We have been burnt too many times in the past only to turn up and look like we haven’t even met each other.

Like others have said, I’d much rather the club start doing their talking on the field than in the media. I too would also prefer us to keep quiet over the summer and just concentrate on the job at hand without all the exaggeration. I will say this though, you don’t see teams like the Roosters and Storm’s media team carry on how good they are looking in pre season before they’ve achieved anything.

Last edited:

IceWorks

QCup Player
Yep.. results on the field are needed, not sure what was going on at training last two seasons but no amount of platitudes and cliches could hide that what was dished up on the field was diabolical. I mean how hard is it to run a few set plays in attack and have a defensive structure that isn't the worst in the league by a country mile? Guessing for a club like the Broncos with their resources it's actually not that hard and this year we will make the eight.

Last edited:

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Yep.. results on the field are needed, not sure what was going on at training last two seasons but no amount of platitudes and cliches could hide that what was dished up on the field was diabolical. I mean how hard is it to run a few set plays in attack and have a defensive structure that isn't the worst in the league by a country mile? Guessing for a club like the Broncos with their resources it's actually not that hard and this year we will make the eight.

I reckon the one thing that will be extremely evident during our opening month of the 2021 season regardless of wins or losses is how much more the playing group will play for the coach.

Whether you love or hate Seibold, as fans and members we have every right to be pissed off with the playing group the last 2 seasons if they have been going into games with the mindset of not giving their all for the coach rather than entering games with the mindset of I want my club to be successful because I care and I am playing for the fans and not just myself.

I hate that professional athletes playing for professional sporting organisations on big money can pretty much decide who they want to play coaching wise and pick what games they feel like giving 100% in without any real repercussions unless you are in an organisation with a zero tolerance culture. I think it’s about time people sat down with players and explained to them that if they want to behave like semi pro or amateur athletes, then give up the money and go toil away in QCup or country football.

In regards to our current playing roster talent wise, the funny thing is if they all turn up with the right attitude in 2021, rip in all pre season without making excuses and Kevvy gets a majority of players playing close to their best every week, we actually have enough talent to make the 8 still. You get the best out of guys like Milford, Oates, Pangai, Haas and Staggs when he is fit every week, we should still win more than we lose if we put the right support cast around them. Interesting times ahead regardless of recruitment

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I reckon the one thing that will be extremely evident during our opening month of the 2021 season regardless of wins or losses is how much more the playing group will play for the coach.

Whether you love or hate Seibold, as fans and members we have every right to be pissed off with the playing group the last 2 seasons if they have been going into games with the mindset of not giving their all for the coach rather than entering games with the mindset of I want my club to be successful because I care and I am playing for the fans and not just myself.

I hate that professional athletes playing for professional sporting organisations on big money can pretty much decide who they want to play coaching wise and pick what games they feel like giving 100% in without any real repercussions unless you are in an organisation with a zero tolerance culture. I think it’s about time people sat down with players and explained to them that if they want to behave like semi pro or amateur athletes, then give up the money and go toil away in QCup or country football.

In regards to our current playing roster talent wise, the funny thing is if they all turn up with the right attitude in 2021, rip in all pre season without making excuses and Kevvy gets a majority of players playing close to their best every week, we actually have enough talent to make the 8 still. You get the best out of guys like Milford, Oates, Pangai, Haas and Staggs when he is fit every week, we should still win more than we lose if we put the right support cast around them. Interesting times ahead regardless of recruitment

The problem still is that without recruitment, we don’t have much of a supporting cast and we have 0 depth when it comes to injuries (which at this club are inevitable on and off the actual game pitch). All we have are kids who are green and not ready.

We need 4/5 solid Copley types and then I will feel better going into the season.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
The problem still is that without recruitment, we don’t have much of a supporting cast and we have 0 depth when it comes to injuries (which at this club are inevitable on and off the actual game pitch). All we have are kids who are green and not ready.

We need 4/5 solid Copley types and then I will feel better going into the season.

I agree with that sentiment. And although I wouldn’t be over the moon happy, I’d be content if we at least added Asiata and Allan on reasonable deals in our favour with the view of cutting more deadwood at end of the season and recruiting big for 2022

Either way we need to cross every single limb and hope we don’t get a horrid injury pile up like previous years. We can ill afford that next year

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Members online

Twitter