Broncos positivity thread

If Ofahengaue is indeed being offloaded I'm more excited for 2022.

This is the year to lay the foundations for a real campaign in the future. Just work on fitness and defence and figure out what combinations are going to work best.

Last edited:
Our forward pack is quality especially if we get Asiata to go lock it would make our prop rotation would look almost unrivaled.

Just would need our outside backs to find a new level next year.

I am optimistic our outside backs will all be better post Seibs. It can’t be coincidence that all of the 11(?) different players that played centre or wing for us during last season were all disgusting at defending. It has to be structural for that many players to be that fucking terrible. So I’m very optimistic that with a half competent coaching team we should see a vast improvement to our outside backs.

Though that being said we are potentially looking at a backline along the lines of

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3 Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Coates

to start the season, but this is the positive thread so I won’t be commenting on that

I also think that TPJ will play second row and if Asiata comes we may see Carrigan at prop. Which would give us a far more mobile forward pack to last year and hopefully we can survive the 6 again rule better.

yeehaw
I wouldnt be too surprised if mead is brought in to play centre or fullback as he was playing these positions in england.

This might be to let nui and walsh mature in isc next year.

Feeling positive. We won't need to worry about losing games next year because we won't have enough players to form a team xo.

Feeling positive. We won't need to worry about losing games next year because we won't have enough players to form a team xo.
Ok my positive/ optimist/ delusion for next season.

Kevvie fixes the culture ruck and defense

Oates returns to hard runnung finisher who is in position

Milford gets his freedom and attitude back and is back to his best. I think Siebold restricted him a lot about where to be on the field.

TPJ doesn't get suspended

Isaako doesn't kick out on the full or dead from the kick off.

Honestly, there's a lot of work to be done but I think we'll surprise a few with our improvement in 2021.

Haas, TPJ, Carrigan and Flegler can do great things up front provided minutes can be better balanced. Haas and Carrigan to start with Pangai and Big Tom to bring the rage from the bench.

We'll be without Staggs for a bit but if we can find him a reliable centre partner I've got faith in the back line. Coates and Isaako to the wings.

I've some concerns over the halves but I'll back Walters to get Milf and Little Tom playing to their strengths. Croft and Kelly to keep them honest.

Crucially, I'm expecting the boys to buy into Kevs vision. Morale and leadership were rock bottom this year. Restoring pride in the jersey and heart for the fight will translate to better performances moreso than any personnel changes.

For me, the big question marks are obviously fullback and hooker. Don't think he's top shelf but I think Turpin can meet requirements at 9 unless Kev wants to punt on Paix.

I'm not sold on Niu and Isaako is one of our best options on the wing so I'd echo the consensus and say we should bring Allan back if we can. He's raw but he's got a decently rounded game at the back and would complement our halves nicely.

The Warriors came 10th.
They had to live away from their families at short notice, had to borrow players, had their beloved coach sacked mid season, have a bog average roster. They still came 10th.

The 8th placed Sharks only won half their games and had a 0 for and against.

That’s the benchmark of the middle
of the table. That should show just how much effort it takes to be bad enough to come last. If everything at the club is average we come 9th. In theory you could draw every game 0-0 in the NRL and still make the finals.

There’s no reason we can’t finish 10th-8th.

The Warriors came 10th.
They had to live away from their families at short notice, had to borrow players, had their beloved coach sacked mid season, have a bog average roster. They still came 10th.

of the table. That should show just how much effort it takes to be bad enough to come last. If everything at the club is average we come 9th. In theory you could draw every game 0-0 in the NRL and still make the finals.

We won’t come 9th. Tigers have that spot wrapped up already

The Warriors came 10th.

9th spot is permanently reserved for the tigers

The Warriors came 10th.

If nathan brown wasnt involved at warriors id be backing them as next years NswRL fairytale story

If nathan brown wasnt involved at warriors id be backing them as next years NswRL fairytale story
They are in the rebuilding phase again.. there are coaches who do that well I am told.

Broncos for the NRL surprise story in 21!

Coach - KW could be amazing, he is certainly saying the right things and even if he has the same record as Seibs he's infinitely more likeable. So i think we win here.

Fullback - Darius is gone. Personally i think his poor attitude really affected the team. You may disagree, but im so glad he's gone. Darius is a terrible, terrible name.

Wings - Xavier Coates just had a very promising origin stint, Herbie looks the goods and will only improve with another year under his belt, Jamayne had the death of his father to contend with in 2020 - i can see him having a much better year... we also have Mead again, which is good for culture.

Centres - not feeling too good about this position.... i suppose Bird did nothing, hes gone so hopefully we have some money to spend. Shame about Staggs' Knee

Halves - Dearden is super calm under pressure and only going to get better... last time Kevvie coached Milf he was an actual million dollar player.

Hooker - Turps is decent, Macca could tie up the middle defensively if used effectively. Neither are world beaters, but if they both play to potential we'll be fine.

Second Row - Oates to make the transition and prove everyone wrong. Then take Fifitas spot in origin. Alex Glenn to have a great year.... alright a bit too optimistic here... not sure how I feel about our second row. We have Oates, Glenn and Riki. Just feels a bit shit, but hopefully they arent shit.

Props and Lock - Haas, Lodge, Carrigan, TPJ, Flegler.... this could be a really, really good pack. Also... OFFA is GONE (is this a lock in?) ! I am super pleased about this, he hasnt won a game for Bronx in 18 months, im certain he is our bad luck charm.

Overall, if our team plays to potential we can be weapons again. Just need to be unified!
I'm with you on most of these picks, I really hope you are right about Corey Oates, we need a tall second rower with a good work ethic, his Father in Law was on of the best second rowers the Broncos ever had, and he was a convert from the centres

Not sure this counts as a positive but we are only about a month away before the ‘Milford is training the house down and is in the best shape of his career’ articles pop up again right on cue.

Or just change the word Milford to literally any other player in our squad and rinse and repeat.

They can say what they want but I’ll bet my house now that we still won’t be training harder than the successful clubs.

This preseason will be a cakewalk for Croft compared to what Bellamy would have put him through.

Last edited:
Not sure this counts as a positive but we are only about a month away before the ‘Milford is training the house down and is in the best shape of his career’ articles pop up again right on cue.

Or just change the word Milford to literally any other player in our squad and rinse and repeat.

They can say what they want but I’ll bet my house now that we still won’t be training harder than the successful clubs.

This preseason will be a cakewalk for Croft compared to what Bellamy would have put him through.

I’d much rather they were fairly low key about the pre season.
Just say we’re working hard etc. and don’t give out heaps of media statements about how fantastic everyone is doing.
After the season we have had the only thing that matters is what we do after next season commences.

Reason that one through for me please? KW was a successful assistant coach at the Storm for a number of years and therefore would have been a part of pre-season training and aware of what they did, the intensity at which they did it etc.

He was also an assistant coach under Bennett for a number of years and has that as a point of comparison to the storm's preseason training and planning.

Are you suggesting that he would make a deliberate decision to under train and under prepare our players by not adopting if not the same, a similar preseason schedule to the Storm?

Active Now

• Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.