Broncos positivity thread

Reason that one through for me please? KW was a successful assistant coach at the Storm for a number of years and therefore would have been a part of pre-season training and aware of what they did, the intensity at which they did it etc.

He was also an assistant coach under Bennett for a number of years and has that as a point of comparison to the storm's preseason training and planning.

Are you suggesting that he would make a deliberate decision to under train and under prepare our players by not adopting if not the same, a similar preseason schedule to the Storm?

I don’t disagree with what your saying, I was just being cynical and slightly sarcastic because I’ve conditioned myself for the last 4 years to keep buying into how well we are training pre season fueled by our media team only to see us look well off the pace compared to most other teams.

FWIW, I think Kevvy will be putting them through probably one of the hardest pre seasons this group has done in years as he would have taken the last 2 years personally as someone who idolises the club. Whether that is enough or whether that translates on the field is yet to be seen.

All I know is I for one am not buying into absolutely any propaganda our PR or media team spit out this year in preseason and am judging them purely what transpires on the field come March. We have been burnt too many times in the past only to turn up and look like we haven’t even met each other.

Like others have said, I’d much rather the club start doing their talking on the field than in the media. I too would also prefer us to keep quiet over the summer and just concentrate on the job at hand without all the exaggeration. I will say this though, you don’t see teams like the Roosters and Storm’s media team carry on how good they are looking in pre season before they’ve achieved anything.

Last edited:
Yep.. results on the field are needed, not sure what was going on at training last two seasons but no amount of platitudes and cliches could hide that what was dished up on the field was diabolical. I mean how hard is it to run a few set plays in attack and have a defensive structure that isn't the worst in the league by a country mile? Guessing for a club like the Broncos with their resources it's actually not that hard and this year we will make the eight.

Last edited:
Yep.. results on the field are needed, not sure what was going on at training last two seasons but no amount of platitudes and cliches could hide that what was dished up on the field was diabolical. I mean how hard is it to run a few set plays in attack and have a defensive structure that isn't the worst in the league by a country mile? Guessing for a club like the Broncos with their resources it's actually not that hard and this year we will make the eight.

I reckon the one thing that will be extremely evident during our opening month of the 2021 season regardless of wins or losses is how much more the playing group will play for the coach.

Whether you love or hate Seibold, as fans and members we have every right to be pissed off with the playing group the last 2 seasons if they have been going into games with the mindset of not giving their all for the coach rather than entering games with the mindset of I want my club to be successful because I care and I am playing for the fans and not just myself.

I hate that professional athletes playing for professional sporting organisations on big money can pretty much decide who they want to play coaching wise and pick what games they feel like giving 100% in without any real repercussions unless you are in an organisation with a zero tolerance culture. I think it’s about time people sat down with players and explained to them that if they want to behave like semi pro or amateur athletes, then give up the money and go toil away in QCup or country football.

In regards to our current playing roster talent wise, the funny thing is if they all turn up with the right attitude in 2021, rip in all pre season without making excuses and Kevvy gets a majority of players playing close to their best every week, we actually have enough talent to make the 8 still. You get the best out of guys like Milford, Oates, Pangai, Haas and Staggs when he is fit every week, we should still win more than we lose if we put the right support cast around them. Interesting times ahead regardless of recruitment

I reckon the one thing that will be extremely evident during our opening month of the 2021 season regardless of wins or losses is how much more the playing group will play for the coach.

Whether you love or hate Seibold, as fans and members we have every right to be pissed off with the playing group the last 2 seasons if they have been going into games with the mindset of not giving their all for the coach rather than entering games with the mindset of I want my club to be successful because I care and I am playing for the fans and not just myself.

I hate that professional athletes playing for professional sporting organisations on big money can pretty much decide who they want to play coaching wise and pick what games they feel like giving 100% in without any real repercussions unless you are in an organisation with a zero tolerance culture. I think it’s about time people sat down with players and explained to them that if they want to behave like semi pro or amateur athletes, then give up the money and go toil away in QCup or country football.

In regards to our current playing roster talent wise, the funny thing is if they all turn up with the right attitude in 2021, rip in all pre season without making excuses and Kevvy gets a majority of players playing close to their best every week, we actually have enough talent to make the 8 still. You get the best out of guys like Milford, Oates, Pangai, Haas and Staggs when he is fit every week, we should still win more than we lose if we put the right support cast around them. Interesting times ahead regardless of recruitment

The problem still is that without recruitment, we don’t have much of a supporting cast and we have 0 depth when it comes to injuries (which at this club are inevitable on and off the actual game pitch). All we have are kids who are green and not ready.

We need 4/5 solid Copley types and then I will feel better going into the season.

The problem still is that without recruitment, we don’t have much of a supporting cast and we have 0 depth when it comes to injuries (which at this club are inevitable on and off the actual game pitch). All we have are kids who are green and not ready.

We need 4/5 solid Copley types and then I will feel better going into the season.

I agree with that sentiment. And although I wouldn’t be over the moon happy, I’d be content if we at least added Asiata and Allan on reasonable deals in our favour with the view of cutting more deadwood at end of the season and recruiting big for 2022

Either way we need to cross every single limb and hope we don’t get a horrid injury pile up like previous years. We can ill afford that next year

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with what your saying, I was just being cynical and slightly sarcastic because I’ve conditioned myself for the last 4 years to keep buying into how well we are training pre season fueled by our media team only to see us look well off the pace compared to most other teams.

FWIW, I think Kevvy will be putting them through probably one of the hardest pre seasons this group has done in years as he would have taken the last 2 years personally as someone who idolises the club. Whether that is enough or whether that translates on the field is yet to be seen.

All I know is I for one am not buying into absolutely any propaganda our PR or media team spit out this year in preseason and am judging them purely what transpires on the field come March. We have been burnt too many times in the past only to turn up and look like we haven’t even met each other.

Like others have said, I’d much rather the club start doing their talking on the field than in the media. I too would also prefer us to keep quiet over the summer and just concentrate on the job at hand without all the exaggeration. I will say this though, you don’t see teams like the Roosters and Storm’s media team carry on how good they are looking in pre season before they’ve achieved anything.
A tough pre season means nothing. Reports have been the past few years have been super tough.

All that matters is the players actually being motivated. Dangle that free macas card at them. Treat the boys to a family dinner box for every win. That will get them pumped.

How good is it going to be not seeing Boyd in the team list every week! Pumped for 21!

judging by Kevie's talk of 'need of experience' the other plodder returns straight into the 9 jersey...uurgh 😣

judging by Kevie's talk of 'need of experience' the other plodder returns straight into the 9 jersey...uurgh 😣
I wasn't a fan of Macca, but damn he would have been useful when Turps went down for half the season. The knights went off a cliff when they lost him too. Not even in the same catagory of dead weight as Boyd luckily.

I wasn't a fan of Macca, but damn he would have been useful when Turps went down for half the season. The knights went off a cliff when they lost him too. Not even in the same catagory of dead weight as Boyd luckily.

Turps is a walking injury, so having Macca will certainly help to offset when he is inevitably injured again.

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Justwin
  • BroncoFan94
  • Kev_Guz
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.