Broncos positivity thread

Probably been said previously but i think letting Dearden go without a fight belongs here.

I know hes still young but 24 games into his career is yet to show anything to suggest he'll be a top shelf half. His kicking game is really bad and he has very little attacking arsenal and is a real target in attack for opposition big men.

Probably been said previously but i think letting Dearden go without a fight belongs here.

I know hes still young but 24 games into his career is yet to show anything to suggest he'll be a top shelf half. His kicking game is really bad and he has very little attacking arsenal and is a real target in attack for opposition big men.
They’ve copped a few hidings since he’s joined that’s for sure.

Totally agree, think that's the whole reason they didn't offer him a contract because he was yet to show anything.. was watching a video on youtube of the currumbin Eagles under 17s or 16s which he played in with Coates and he wasn't even the best half on that team

I actually am starting to feel sorry for young Tippy Dryden, he has to be mentally shot. He goes from one club that's a basket case and goes to another that is turning into a basket case ever since he got there.

I actually am starting to feel sorry for young Tippy Dryden, he has to be mentally shot. He goes from one club that's a basket case and goes to another that is turning into a basket case ever since he got there.
They haven't even hit a hard part of their draw yet and they're already struggling.

Souths next week will be only the 4th top 6 team they've played all year... we had that ticked off by round 6... and they get them during origin (no Cook, Murray, Arrow, Latrell, Gagai, etc.).

Poor guy has to survive on a 300k salary for the next 3 years.
If that's struggle street, life is fucking good.

Poor guy has to survive on a 300k salary for the next 3 years.
If that's struggle street, life is fucking good.

Good on him too because I am not sure he will get another after that.

'Friday on My Mind' was always my personal favourite.

Remember growing up with my old man watching Friday night footy and hearing this song and being so excited. We've spent countless hours over the years watching every single game of footy together every single weekend without fail.

Years later, when Bruce Springsteen came to Sydney I bought tickets for me and the old fella to go see him live (figured it might be my last chance) - front and centre, he opened with a cover of The Easybeats - Friday on My Mind. Was a fantastic memory I'll keep forever and an example of just how important and special our game is to so many people who have grown up with it for so long.

Nowadays, the old boy can't even stomach what the NRL has become... refuses to watch any game other than the Broncos - and even then only half-heartedly. His love of the game has been completely killed and now watching the footy with my dad is a distant memory just like hearing 'Friday on My Mind' blare out of the old tiny non-HD TV back in the late 90s.
At the risk of sounding a bit 'me too' I loved the band and caught up with Wright for a couple hours in Townsville. Mid 80s. Closer to late 80s actually. My mate has a sad story involving his (girl ) friend was a bit star struck and fell for the backstage pass routine becoming a groupie/addict. Later discarded. My mate never forgave Wright for his part.

Back being positive I'm happy to see big Rhys back and the recent forward movement. I'm sorry to see Lodge go but if he's one of the bad apples, fair enough.

Where's the post game thread from today?

We aren't the Dragons. They are now the benchmark for self entitlement and stupidity.

That is a positive for the Broncs.

Scott Morrison shat himself at Maccas not long after watching his beloved Cronulla lose to the Broncos in the Super League Grand Final.

There's some ridgey didge positivity to start your day.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.