RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

Wooden spoon team ... at least once we get stripped of our points for massive salary cap breaches

I know it is a bit hard for you to contemplate sometimes that our management has really fucked this club, but even for a sycophant like you, your post defies any sensible comprehension.

Let me try to explain it to you, I prefaced the entire post with the comment that if we had competent management and recruiting and retention (knowing that we don't and this is why we are where we are). Everyone of those players named in that team (other than the hooker option) are either currently with us or were with us and could have been kept if we had competent management. If they were paid a sensible amount and not stupid overs as our incompetent and clueless management have been doing there is no way that we would be over the cap. And before you mention Fifita, he should have been locked up well before last year to a long term contract like Haas.

If you still want to maintain this moronic position, can you please provide some explanation for the melbourne and rooster's rosters of the last five years and how they were not over the cap?

I know it is a bit hard for you to contemplate sometimes that our management has really fucked this club, but even for a sycophant like you, your post defies any sensible comprehension.

Let me try to explain it to you, I prefaced the entire post with the comment that if we had competent management and recruiting and retention (knowing that we don't and this is why we are where we are). Everyone of those players named in that team (other than the hooker option) are either currently with us or were with us and could have been kept if we had competent management. If they were paid a sensible amount and not stupid overs as our incompetent and clueless management have been doing there is no way that we would be over the cap. And before you mention Fifita, he should have been locked up well before last year to a long term contract like Haas.

If you still want to maintain this moronic position, can you please provide some explanation for the melbourne and rooster's rosters of the last five years and how they were not over the cap?
Look out mate or you'll get a Foordy thumbs down emoji.......

The squad you trotted out isn’t even as good as what the storm and roosters have been trotting out and they’re under the ca....

hmmmm not sure I can finish that

The squad you trotted out isn’t even as good as what the storm and roosters have been trotting out and they’re under the ca....

hmmmm not sure I can finish that
Thank you for seeing my point lol.

We have 12 players off contract at the end of this year. Apart from Staggs, Coates, Dearden and maybe Asiata, they can all go as far as I'm concerned and they should be made aware of this by the club now so that their managers can start itching for releases. This way, we might be able to squeeze KHunt and Turner and others into the squad for the remainder of this year. We need new faces because the current ones aren't working. I think Oates might be ready to jump too. All recruitment focus needs to be on our squad for 2023 at this point as Brisbane 2 is coming whether it's right for the competition or not. We need to target players for 2023 now. Let's start with the blokes who purport to have been Broncos fans as kids.
Let's put a contract for 2023 on the desk of these guys' managers on November 1st.
Tino (Contracted to 2022 with PO for 2023) will be available.
Aj Brimson (Contracted up 2022)
Jake Simpkin (Contracted up to 2022)
As far as Staggs is concerned, I actually think he would be far more beneficial for us playing lock. Despite some defensive deficiencies, his speed and power would be very damaging in and around the tiring middle forwards, particularly off the back of quick play the balls, which he would also provide for a decent dummy half (if we had one).

Is anyone actually convinced either of those teams really is under the cap?

I’d love for us to be ruthless and chase some contracted players like every other club does

1 Herbie Farnworth
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
9 Harry Grant

Apart from maybe Coates, Riki and Haas, everyone else can leave and be replaced with honest toilers such as Kurt Mann, Hymel Hunt, Dunamis Lui, Kurt Capewell etc.

If you have that spine you could surround them with nobodies and win most games.

“Realistically”
1 Herbie Farnworth
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Adam Reynolds
9 Brandon Smith

Realistically
1 Jamayne Isaako
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Anthony Milford
9 Jake Turpin
Herbie isn't a fullback, it would be manufacturing one again.
And Brandon Smith isn't the 9 we should chase , Reynolds would be great though.
1. Hynes
6. Dearden
7. Reynolds
9 . Simpkin / Grant (if the universe allows it)

Herbie isn't a fullback, it would be manufacturing one again.
And Brandon Smith isn't the 9 we should chase , Reynolds would be great though.
1. Hynes
6. Dearden
7. Reynolds
9 . Simpkin / Grant (if the universe allows it)
With the right people at the club, Herbie seems driven enough to be manufactured as a fullback. What’s wrong with manufacturing players anyway? Cooper Cronk was manufactured. Herbie has plenty of time to learn, and has the talent to succeed anywhere.

More i think about it, the more im on the Herbie as fullback train. Staggs at centre with him would be a serious strike combo. The wingers would potentially get some ball!

With the right people at the club, Herbie seems driven enough to be manufactured as a fullback. What’s wrong with manufacturing players anyway? Cooper Cronk was manufactured. Herbie has plenty of time to learn, and has the talent to succeed anywhere.
Because I'd rather a out and out fullback, it's one of the most important positions and we need a spine asap not wait for one .
I think a 1,7 or 9 with experience is what we need, Herbie is a great winger and is doing well at center but he isn't a fullback imo

Because I'd rather a out and out fullback, it's one of the most important positions and we need a spine asap not wait for one .
I think a 1,7 or 9 with experience is what we need, Herbie is a great winger and is doing well at center but he isn't a fullback imo
Based on what? He is a competitor who likes to get his hands on the ball, has acceleration, beats the first defender often, strength, is driven off the field. He’s apparently a very quick learner and fits the mould of the Nicho Hynes, Drinkwater, Paps, Slater-type fullback.

I also think Staggs could be very similar to Hodges at fullback. Would love to see him chime in at dummy half and beating three blokes every time.

Nicho Hynes is pretty overrated on here. What’s he done to prove he should be our fullback over a manufactured player like Herbie or Staggs who could be far better at the position?

Based on what? He is a competitor who likes to get his hands on the ball, has acceleration, beats the first defender often, strength, is driven off the field. He’s apparently a very quick learner and fits the mould of the Nicho Hynes, Drinkwater, Paps, Slater-type fullback.

I also think Staggs could be very similar to Hodges at fullback. Would love to see him chime in at dummy half and beating three blokes every time.

Nicho Hynes is pretty overrated on here. What’s he done to prove he should be our fullback over a manufactured player like Herbie or Staggs who could be far better at the position?
A few reasons. He's a high energy player, has good playmaking skill, and very good support play from what I've seen. If he's cheap (which be should be) it allows us to keep Staggs and Herbie as elite centres. We strengthen the team without weakening our centres.

A few reasons. He's a high energy player, has good playmaking skill, and very good support play from what I've seen. If he's cheap (which be should be) it allows us to keep Staggs and Herbie as elite centres. We strengthen the team without weakening our centres.
I feel like both players would be far better fullbacks than Hynes, so if that was sorted we could replace the far less important position with someone like Kurt Mann or Dane Gagai until Cobbo is ready. Having elite centres isn’t a priority for this club at the moment at all.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • jarro65
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.