Broncos Record breaking coach is safe

There should be a mass meeting, an open forum of members with the board, the management and the coaching staff. But fans have been at the bottom of the barrel for a while now despite all the rhetoric. This is in no way any kind of excuse for what's going on but I thought that this bottomless pit that we seem to be in may have just a little to to do with the complete absence of fans. I recall in the UK many years ago when Man Utd. were relegated, their fans just kept turning up in their thousands (different scenario I know) but a season later the team were promoted back. I'm reminded of the pub in Harry Potter ... Suncorp without us, the paying supporters, is the "Leaky Cauldron" and that should tell these guys a thing or two about how crucial we are to the success of the side. Just my 10 cents worth.
Why would the club seek input on a football problem from the members? If members want a place to vent and scream about the shithouse state of the team, they should create a broncoshq account.

Whatever one thinks of Bennett, I do not think he is that small minded and mean
Me either tbh. I don’t think he actually Has NPD like some do, just a guy who wants his legacy to be the best.

just heard the rumours going around and wondered what everyone else’s take on it is.

Ijust think our problem is Seibold isout of his depth and someone at the club actually is a narcissist- Whether it’s the CEO Or coach I have no idea.

Any merit to the rumours that Wayne is white anting “his” players to get back at seibold?

I seriously doubt it.
In any case he doesn’t need to they are going badly enough as it is.

Odd press conference. I’d say it’s simply a matter of time before he gets sacked. The pressure obviously gets worse with every loss and the board will eventually succumb to that.

If we lose to the Bulldogs we are objectively the worst team in the comp.

Last edited:
Appreciate you reaching out, buddy.

I have lived to see my team win 6 premierships. If you want to know what that feels like, just ask, because us telling you about it is the only way you'll know.
**** Highwayman, you're back fella.
How was living in the bunker the last 3 months. I was concerned you wouldn't emerge for years.

Good to see up and around anyway.

**** Highwayman, you're back fella.
How was living in the bunker the last 3 months. I was concerned you wouldn't emerge for years.

Good to see up and around anyway.
Must be safe to come out again.

If our defence doesn't change we will continue to lose,.. If Seibold won't or can't do it then there's your answer.
Surely he can see by now that whatever he is peddling to the team as far as strategies goes is not working.

Why bang your head against a brick wall ?

“We will stay the course.
“We will keep providing the necessary support but we are acutely aware of the position we are in.
“We know we are up against it.
“I want to reinforce our support for the coach, the coaching staff and the playing group.
“We are six weeks in to the restart of the game.
“I know we have lost six games but we started the season with two wins.”

Just more face saving bullshit. This board signed their 2nd choice coach to a 5 year deal, now they feel they have no choice but to stand by him publicly (they aren't) to protect their own asses. That's the problem, this club is chockers full of hacks who care for nothing but their own skin in the game.

Problem with Kevvy is that yes while he does get our culture, he's not had success in origin and has a poor win rate.

If coaches only need to understand our DNA and don't need serious NRL cred, then Walker bros...... they will connect with the younger players well. Have some success in ISC and are Broncos old boys.

Still think we need to throw a yacht at Bellamy

A coach needs to be surrounded by good assistant coaches too. Maybe Kevvie could bring some decent ones with him, who knows.

Why would the club seek input on a football problem from the members? If members want a place to vent and scream about the shithouse state of the team, they should create a broncoshq account.
Never said they would seek input ,,, we can stomp and yell as much as we like in here but I wanna look a bloke in the face when I tell him what I think. A member telling them how to run the club is like buying a dog and barking yourself.

Just re watched this press conference and one point i skipped over was Dobbo i think it was said to paul white something along the lines of "after losing 58 nill to the eels last year you put your foot down and said enough is enough, yet and here we are right now".

That's a brilliant point that legitimately NO ONE has been held accountable for any of these result's. I mean sure the captaincy was stripped from Boyd and oates was "dropped" last week. But in all seriousness nothing has changed.

So where do you draw a line? If we lose our next two games do we just keep pushing through and not sack the coach. If we get the wooden spoon do we keep pushing and play the "long game". It doesnt really put fear in anyone within the organisation about been punished for not performing given in 10 games of football we've won 2 of them and been beaten by massive scorelines and knocked off by incredibly weak sides yet everyone still remains.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got. We may not yet be at rock bottom boys and girls.

Paul White: “Our long term vision for the coach and club is still on track”

Meanwhile in actual reality and not fantasy land:

9ea0ef875300df923a765f2ab8dc38e2.jpg

9a7be315c3b44a1ab9e145288c8e3d80.jpg

I'd drop Croft for Dearden and see if he could at least guide us around the field slightly more effectively.
The only problem with that is I don't think it matters which halves are in whilst we have no strategy.
An experience one might change things but our current halves are the most experienced we have.
There really isn't any short term solution for mine. Who ever lines up as a team needs a simple game to execute, an expectation to perform at a standard and a list of things to work on, with the assistance provided to do so.
We are not holding onto the ball. Last night was the exception to the prove the rule that possession is 9/10ths the game of 6 again football. In the past rounds we lacked possession but this game we dominated the early stages, then self-destructed.
How do you explain that? Lack of concentration, fitness, over-enthusiasm at finally getting something right, only to play reckless? I can't answer that as I only listened, but we had that game and threw it away.
There were some positives, despite the overall negative result, but not enough to think some serious soul searching is required.
Seeing Haas seemingly tear strips off our captain after that pathetic try, makes me worry there is a serious cancer at the heart of this club that will need some wholesale changes in almost everything that involves putting 80 minutes of success on the field.
Frankly, it's obvious there is neither the will, courage, or even the desire to do so, and our leaders are bereft of the esteem from those that should look up to them to drive it.
It started when Bennet was here, with big payouts for under performing but potential superstars that came at the expense of honest butb dependable toilers. It continued with the underhanded tactics involved in the Bennet sacking. It has filtered down to the player level where performance is an ignored decider to selection versus selected highlights on the match replay.
We have lost the ability recognise dependence as a worthy attribute, comeraderie in the face of adversity, and persistence to the drive to succeed.
All our players possess some of these aspects but none so thoroughly, as to drive success.
They are not so lost that that they must be abandoned, only the right mentor is required to rekindle it. If only we had a Don Furner type mentor to help our young coach, the situation might be retrievable but sadly that's not to be.

as Bennett once said in one of his books "If you start listening to the fans, it won't be long before you are sitting in the stands with them"
If they don’t listen to the fans and everyone else involved in the game they’ll be joining us in the stands anyway. They have continued to make terrible decisions for this club, admitting its about the money they make off the field that matters. They aren’t the right option and the position is.... untenable

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Maroon4life
  • HVbronco
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.