Broncos Record breaking coach is safe

One of the telling quotes from White was this gem:

“we aren’t going to sack a coach 6 weeks into a ‘recommenced’ season”

Called this weeks ago. The board will be going all out using COVID as an excuse for everything that occurs this year. They can get absolutely fucked. Practically just throwing in the towel knowing they can hide behind that excuse. I suggest not spending a cent on this club until they start being accountable for the situation they have created.

One of the telling quotes from White was this gem:

“we aren’t going to sack a coach 6 weeks into a ‘recommenced’ season”

Called this weeks ago. The board will be going all out using COVID as an excuse for everything that occurs this year. They can get absolutely fucked. Practically just throwing in the towel knowing they can hide behind that excuse. I suggest not spending a cent on this club until they start being accountable for the situation they have created.

Did anyone bother to ask if he will be sacked in the future or how they turn this around?

@Pete Badel - Could you hurry up and write a paywall article please mate?

I’m sick of this club disrespecting its fans. I hate Newscorp and Murdoch with a passion so I’ve always felt conflicted being a Broncos supporter. They’re not giving me much reason to hang around at the moment. What was the point of this press conference? We’re being gaslit by our own club. The whole ‘We were good in the first 2 rounds you’re overreacting’ thing makes me sick.

Thought the press conference was to extend Siebolds contract ? 😂
[automerge]1593907337[/automerge]
The way things are going this board couldn’t organise a root in a brothal

Last edited:
White is smart.
Don't forget he is gone at the end of the year. He doesn't care. He has to look out for his future. His next employer is looking at this thinking this is a great show of leadership coming out in these tough times and sticking by this coach blaaaah blaaaah.

We as fans are not longer cared for unfortunately.
It's all about the $ at this club. I just hope the sponsors start falling off and members start voting with their pockets - that is truly the only way the club may actually start listening and make needed changes.

When is this second Brisbane team getting announced?

Wow that waa really bad, full credit to the journalists they gave him a good hammering and his answers were really bad. The main points i got from that were:
1. Seibold won his first two games so they have faith in him.
2. Covid screwed us over and that's our excuse.
3. This isnt a rebuild because these young players all made their debut last year?
4. White doesn't have answers as to why we are failing, but he thinks that not making changes will fix this and what ever the problem is will magically dissapear.

Wow that waa really bad, full credit to the journalists they gave him a good hammering and his answers were really bad. The main points i got from that were:
3. This isnt a rebuild because these young players all made their debut last year?
4. White doesn't have answers as to why we are failing, but he thinks that not making changes will fix this and what ever the problem is will magically dissapear.
How/where did you watch it?

@Mightybroncs2k17

Did he offer anything as to why the covid break screwed us over?

Yeah winning the first two rounds are seibolds saving grace. He’s definitely playing the covid card to hold on to his job. I can’t see us winning another game this year but the board will still find a reason to keep him employed

@Mightybroncs2k17

Did he offer anything as to why the covid break screwed us over?
Nope, just said other teams have come back from the covid break and really taken off. We have been bad since then. He kept saying its hard with the project applol bubble and not been able to get people in and around our boys. But they kept shutting him down and saying all clubs are in the same position. He speaks really well which probably masked how lost for answers he was
[automerge]1593908558[/automerge]
How/where did you watch it?
Channel 10 of all places live streamed it. Random right? I'll see if i can post it.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish our club was more cut throat.

At the same time it is probably fair to give Seibold a couple of games with our full strength line-up once they all return. Given what the team has showed so far I don't have much faith that Seibs has what it takes to turn this team around, but we are about to find out. If our current form continues for say a month, than he probably doesn't deserve to see out the season.

Active Now

• mystico
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Thelmus
  • pennywisealfie
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • ell.d33
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.