OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

The deal to send him to the Cowboys yeah, but the player option was already in place.

Yeah? A player option that was negotiated to persist through a release to another club. Something that Seibold and White would've had to sign off on. Something that nobody that knows what they're doing would ever do.

Yeah? A player option that was negotiated to persist through a release to another club. Something that Seibold and White would've had to sign off on. Something that nobody that knows what they're doing would ever do.
I'm not 100% sure about whether the coach gets a say, but those ridiculous half release deals were mind-bogglingly stupid. If the player wants a release then just release them, it's hard to believe our fiduciarily responsible CEO thinks player options are so amazing that he wants to put them in releases too.

So it’s a confirmed torn hamstring off the bone. Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like a huge recovery time. Can’t remember who the last player was to have done it but that’s as severe as a hamstring injury as you could possibly get.

Just in time to come back to us in 2021 and sit on the sidelines injured earning over $400k. **** I just love the luck of our club at the moment. Season 2020 can just **** itself.

It must be true what they say that you make your own luck.

Oh look another useless busted that will come back to sit on his ass for a free lunch.
Macca is the last player in the history of the club I would accuse of doing that to us. Regardless of how ineffective he was in our attacking line, it wasn't through being lazy. I'm quietly confident he's fallen on his feet down there and they'll look after him.

Last edited:
This is the same Macca that has been in our team since 2008, apart from the last 8 weeks, right?

So what in the next 12 months or so are they going to learn from him, that they didn’t over the last 18?

Do we all forget all of a sudden how absolutely cod ordinary he is???

He has an option so he may come back, but fark me, he fuckin sucks as a player - we all know it, we all wanted him gone, but now somehow he is our great white hope, that our current players can learn from, but clearly didn’t when he WAS here?
At this point we might need average because everyone else at the club is well below ordinary

At this point we might need average because everyone else at the club is well below ordinary
We're already long at least one hooker. We don't need Macca back at dummy half.

McCullough is a freak healer. Will be right to go as of next season. Who knows as well, Newcastle might like what he has shown and will offer to take him on next year as well.

Nrl physio said something like that was surgery and 12 weeks or something. Year is done but he'll play next season

We're already long at least one hooker. We don't need Macca back at dummy half.
Could have used him this week though. Plus we might not keep Luke. He’s just as average

Could have used him this week though. Plus we might not keep Luke. He’s just as average
Wasn't all bad. Tyson Gamble finally got a game. We looked much better with Paix in there though, I thought. Hard to say where Macca would sit in the queue. 4th, probably.
[automerge]1595821275[/automerge]
No. It would need to be something which a player could not recover from.
How about being coached by Pies?

Last edited:
Wasn't all bad. Tyson Gamble finally got a game. We looked much better with Paix in there though, I thought. Hard to say where Macca would sit in the queue. 4th, probably.
Lol yeah

Funny thing is Siebold has nothing to do with any of these crap contracts. He has been lumped with all of them. The senior group at the Broncos is the worst in its history. Our recruitment and retention has been horrendous for going on a decade. Milford, Bird and Jet are three players. None of them ended up being what we needed. Croft was never hired as a superstar by Siebold and everyone knows it, he is on mid range money and he can either end up being a steal or just another maybe contender.

Hopefully Andrew can be medically retired as he only had one year left on his contract and its a new injury. Or he does the right thing and retires independent of a Dr input.
I don't think Macca wants to retire... he went to Newcastle to get game time, because he knows he's not being re-signed at the broncos post-2021.

You don't go looking for game time unless you want to keep playing... Every chance his manager is trying to find him a new home and a 2-3yr deal

I don't think Macca wants to retire... he went to Newcastle to get game time, because he knows he's not being re-signed at the broncos post-2021.

You don't go looking for game time unless you want to keep playing... Every chance his manager is trying to find him a new home and a 2-3yr deal
Add to the fact he is still an NRL quality hooker with experience and a tremendous work ethic. When placed in the right spine and conditions he is more than serviceable in his role. He was playing well at Newcastle and complemented their spine really well. He should be able to find a deal somewhere.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • Volvo Driver
  • Brotherdu
  • Organix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • RodF
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.