Broncos release Hala and Kennedy

Exactly. It goes against the intent of the cap. A crap club like Cronulla could try to pick him up at market value but he can go back to his mates knowing that he won't be out of pocket and therefore, the shit clubs don't get fair chop at him.

Exactly, it's complete bullshit, but this is the NRL so of course that's the way things work

It's 100% our fault for signing him for such a retardedly high contract.

The only explanation is that Bennet knew he wasn't going to use him and didn't want the kids career to be squandered with a few years in ISC. This is very commendable and shows what great morals the club has but surely we could've used him in some aspect.

Unless only his first year is super cheap and the next year he will be paid a lot more from the roosters which will free up cash for Benno to make mass changes. Essentially taking a hit in 2015 to have a better squad in 2016. Which I guess would be considered good forsite.

In the example 300k was freed for 2013(15) it was the current year Darwin had to make up the difference because it was a mid year transfer.

The only explanation is that Bennet knew he wasn't going to use him and didn't want the kids career to be squandered with a few years in ISC. This is very commendable and shows what great morals the club has but surely we could've used him in some aspect.

Unless only his first year is super cheap and the next year he will be paid a lot more from the roosters which will free up cash for Benno to make mass changes. Essentially taking a hit in 2015 to have a better squad in 2016. Which I guess would be considered good forsite.

Your probably right that it is commendable, would have been nice if Kennedy repaid the favour by not going to the lowest fucking bidder with his fat wallet regardless.

What an absolute **** up signing this dip shit was.

The unconditional release is what killed it. FMD, I hope they aren't planning the same thing with Barba.

Why would the Roosters bother offering Kennedy more money for 2016, they get him on minimum wage, while we pick up the majority of the tab.

Let's just hope when he plays us he hits the line as good as this year, in a way we're paying 300k to have a weakened opponent in 1 or more games next year.

Let's just hope when he plays us he hits the line as good as this year, in a way we're paying 300k to have a weakened opponent in 1 or more games next year.

Sadly for us, Kennedy seemed to be finding his feet finally at the end of last year. This will come back to bite us IMO

I don't know who to blame precisely but I still want to give someone a shake and yell "WTF were you thinking???" Gee & Griffin for signing him on big money? Bennett & the Broncos for letting him leave with no discretion on where he could go and how much he'd need to sign for? Personally I want to hate on the fucking Roosters, who have once again found a way to pay players nothing at all.

I don't know who to blame precisely but I still want to give someone a shake and yell "WTF were you thinking???" Gee & Griffin for signing him on big money? Bennett & the Broncos for letting him leave with no discretion on where he could go and how much he'd need to sign for? Personally I want to hate on the fucking Roosters, who have once again found a way to pay players nothing at all.

plenty of blame to go around here. Never should have signed him to a that sort of money, also should have only released him if we could get some money free to purchase someone else

Rooster won this round against us, though I don't think he should be playing over guys like Evans, Napa or Liu. Still, whatever they are paying him is definitely worth it, even if it's just depth.

Maybe there is a gentleman's agreement that the Rorters pay more next season and we get Napa. I can dream.

WB is probably trying to snatch Napa or Evans when they can't make the team because Kennedy is in the way:takdir:

Sadly for us, Kennedy seemed to be finding his feet finally at the end of last year. This will come back to bite us IMO
last 5 games of the year:
meters gained 59, 25, 127, 82,53
tackles: 14, 16, 17, 11, 16
tackle busts: 0, 0, 0, 0, 3

if thats finding his feet, he's more than welcome to find his feet elsewhere. let's not romanticize how bad of a signing he was and how little impact he actually had.

bear in mind he was getting no more than 20 minutes from griffin. cant do much more in that amount of time on the field for the type of player he is.

he was visibly annoyed to be pulled off the field so quickly a few times when he was going quite well.

anyway. im not on kennedys side and im quite happy that he's gone. the prospect of gavet and garbutt is much better and they cost alot less.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.